Is it me, or is something wrong on smp7?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by R4nd0mrunn3r, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Noob question. What is cogent?.. I feel so dumb asking lol
    jamesg003 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  2. Cogent is the manager of sending data between Europe and the UK I believe.
    jkjkjk182 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  3. To clarify even more, the riding in a minecart is not bumpy like when it would be with lag, the graphics are entirely smooth, it's just extremely slow.
  4. Norway
  5. 1.4.7 has been out a long time and this problem has never arised until yesterday.
    I also cannot find any documentation online saying that this is a known bug with 1.4.7.
  6. Have you tried placing powered rails?
  7. Yes, there are plenty of powered rails. Even if the whole track was a powered rail. I still move 2m/s.
  8. Yes.
  9. To all that are having problems go to http://www.pingtest.net/ pick a US east cost server and see if you have any packet loss. Run it a couple times, if you have Any packet loss the problem maybe with your ISP or somewhere your ISP connects to.

That site is the first thing I check if i'm having connection problems.

Or you can open the command prompt and do "pathping smp9.empire.us" let it run. If you don't get almost all 0% for all the paths it maybe your ISP or somewhere your ISP connect's to.
    Nilex92 likes this.
  10. Remeber to pick one closest to Pennsylvania as that's were EMC servers are located.
  11. I do not have connection issues.
    If you are willing, please join 3107 on smp2.
    Ive returned from the nether, and have the same issue in town.
    Hop in the minecart, see if you have similar issues.
  12. Might have something to do with Nemo.
  13. I've done a fair share of boating lately, so Randomrunner could you tell me how far exactly out are you?
    I've boated out 100k blocks on Smp 8, so I have a few ideas.
  14. Ping is fine, no packet loss, really people, it's not the connection.
  15. About 3000 out from south outpost
  16. the problem your having is because being in a boat, makes you go faster than you would walking... have you ever played in creative and flown over mountains as fast as you can? ... you can't tell me the world loads just as fast as you're flying over it.
    if you'd stop motor boating in the water as fast as you can... and SLOW down... i'm sure the world would load faster.

i have this same issue most times, when i'm flying or in a boat speeding as fast as you can go.

this has nothing to do with the server. having rei's mini map can easily prove this to you, that map sure as hell doesn't load as fast as you go over it, i know that for sure... if rei's is frozen and in a "black" area waiting for the world to respond to it.... then you're going to fall into nothingness because the world isn't loaded, meaning you're not having a good enough connection for it to load faster.

it isn't the server. like every single person has told you.
    EdmundWayne likes this.
  17. I was just about to post something like this. Earlier today I had to disconnect alot because I kept falling into the unrendered abyss, at least 7 times. I also would get out of the boat and end up 20+ blocks away from my boat and where I got out. Sitting on the edge of the unrendered did not help either. I was not on smp7, also I live in "Murica"!
  18. Well, we tested it a qwerty's res... And speed varies depending on who is in it. And its not jerky either. I have figured out the only logical reason for this:
    aliens-meme.jpg
  19. Case number 4 confirmed. The plot thickens. Also Jkjkjkjk182 finally made me laugh, but confirmed the slow minecart behavior at least affects some people, right?.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.