Is it me, or is something wrong on smp7?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by R4nd0mrunn3r, Feb 8, 2013.

1. I'm 10k from my destination. That's a long swim.
  2. There seems to be a problem with sea chunks loading when your in a boat.
    And minecarts arn't functioning correct when your in them.

Your best bet for now is to either swim or enderchest your items and die.
  3. I went around the missing chunks right at the same time my server rebooted. Not sure what fixed the problem, but everything is working fine for me now.
    darkvilla likes this.
  4. Just tested minecarts, The server reboot appears to have fixed the issue.
    However there was a reboot since I had the problem initially.
    So I suspect it may come back.
    R4nd0mrunn3r and darkvilla like this.
  5. Aikar sent out a couple of bug-fix reboots (1st for minecarts and iron golem farms, 2nd for firework issues), so yep, should be all good now. :)
  6. Yay Aikar!

I almost logged into diablo 3 what a mistake that would of been. Thank you Aikar you saved me from rotting my brain.

Strange how much of a sanctuary minecraft or other games can be, and how upsetting it is when your sanctuary is not working correctly.
    R4nd0mrunn3r likes this.
  7. Let's hope not.

A big thank you to Aikar and everybody who helped to fix it! Next time I'll let someone else have the pleasure of trying to point out it is not a connection problem, though. :confused:
  8. We are listening. And you are beginning to piss people because you are the one who isn't listening. Minecarts going slow is a bug in 1.4.7, Minecarts going slower than walking also means there are no powered rails or your chunks aren't loading properly.
  9. The problem that several people had with slow minecarts and boats 'falling off' the map was due to a serverside problem and has been fixed by Aikar.

Don't thank me for pointing it out, thank Aikar for fixing it.

/thread
  10. Sorry guys, I had no idea this thread existed until now! No-one told me there was 7 pages going... >.<

But yes, I posted recently about a change I've made that affects how entities "tick" aka "update".

Night before last I pushed a big update to that feature that expanded it to all entities. This update had a major logic error that broke iron farms/minecarts/boats all in 1.

I stayed up extra late to fix this as I didnt want to leave you guys broken all day...

But yeah, i'm very glad we found that bug, because I'm working on this feature to share with other server owners, and it would of been really bad if this bug landed in Spigot!

But now, we should be golden. It was a very simple fix, just was a logical overlook.
  11. Thank you Aikar :)
  12. Thanks man!
  13. You mean... you're...but... you're virtually cheating on us? :eek:

Haha :p
    creepincreepers7 likes this.
  14. Lol, never thought of it like that...
    How could you Aikar!:eek:
  15. creepincreepers7 likes this.
  16. the mine cart thing is also cheapening to me, and wolves said the same a wile ago on smp9