Is it me, or is something wrong on smp7?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by R4nd0mrunn3r, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Yes it does. Qwerty is super slower than a baby villager, and im slightly slower than one.
    jamesg003 likes this.
  2. jkjkjk182 likes this.
  3. I'm just trying to provide a useful way of checking no need to get up set :p

And I can concur there is something wrong.
    Just did a test run in my mine cart and seemed slow.
    Also got in a boat and chunks where very slow to load or just would not load...

Puts on tinfoil hat :p
  4. A simon's speed is inbetween both me and jk.
    Plus.. now the empty minecart is travelling as fast as an occupied minecart.

I hope this confirms there is a issue with minecarts.

If anyone else would like to test, 3107 on smp2.
  5. Odd, must be client side. I both, fell into and rode over unloaded chunks... But only once I got out past 70k
  6. and boats
  7. Also iron farms are some what broke :eek:
  8. That seems like it'd be unrelated...
  9. Trying to convince people on the internet wears you out. Sorry for all the bitching.
  10. I'm going to have to disagree with you. I have had no problems whatsoever with "motorboatin'" through the ocean at tops speed until this patch was launched. There are no packet issues, and I've even gone ahead and tried other games online with no issues, including minecraft on other servers.
    R4nd0mrunn3r and Nilex92 like this.
  11. I've pm'd Maxarias with details of the issue and a link to this thread, she will likely forward it onto Aikar.

Thank you for coming forward and saying your experiencing similar issues.
    R4nd0mrunn3r likes this.
  12. I count more then 4.
    R4nd0mrunn3r likes this.
  13. You're right. Multiple it is then.
    DrewRadio, TheOneDuffMan and Nilex92 like this.
  14. I'm having the same problem. I've spent plenty of time commuting over Oceans this week. Last night I was trying to get back to my base when the Ocean just stopped generating and I fall off into an abyss. I'm currently stranded on a Island on SMP3 with no wood and one boat left.

I have a very good internet connection and have never had a problem like this before. I do not use mods and nothing has been touch on this machine in weeks.
    R4nd0mrunn3r and Merkymind like this.
  15. Sorry dunno if some1 posted this and idk if this is a "wise" post but could it be your connection to other players
  16. Not players, but to the server itself, if the packets are sent slow, it is also shown like the players are also lagging. I actually don't know a lot about servers (but I do know a thing or two about bad connections), but I assume it's your connection to your server is the reason you're "glitching" out of the map
    creepincreepers7 likes this.
  17. My /tps says 20.0, and my internet connection is too good to be still having this same problem for about 20 hours now.

I'm also getting transported about 20 blocks away when I exit my boat. Anyone having this chunk issue experiencing the same problem when exiting a boat?
    IamSaj likes this.
  18. That's happened to me once on SMP5, either it's a bug/glitch or server issues/chunk loading errors? (maybe)
  19. How did you fix it?
  20. You can swim :( that still work's.
    I just tried to boat back to town and was getting no where. I would go tell chunk's stop loading log out and back in just to find out I barley moved at all...

Finally just ditched the boat and swam, chunk's load fine when you swim.

[EDIT]
    Id also like to note I'm on the US west cost. So I shouldn't be sharing any supposed connection issues with people on the other side of the pond.
    Most defiantly a problem with boat's and mine cart's on the server...