Is it me, or is something wrong on smp7?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by R4nd0mrunn3r, Feb 8, 2013.

1. They agreed yesterday, and i'm not the only one.
  2. Oh god...I didn't realize how wrong the money part sounded 0-e
    creepincreepers7 likes this.
  3. Look man, if all you have to contribute is scepticism you're not being very helpful. We have multiple confirmed cases, this points strongly to a server side problem, so stop trying to proof the opposite.
  4. I'm with you, this is leading nowhere.
  5. http://internetpulse.net/

Verizon to cogent, Tracerts from europe goes through the same routers that's having issues.
  6. You're saying I'm the one trying to *prove the opposite, when you have actually done nothing to prove yourself, except linking a few cases together and ignoring any suggestions put to you.
    Then the problem will not get fixed for you.

And perhaps if you had asked nicely, either me or josh could have PM'd Aikar about this for you, which is what you should have done.
  7. I was having issues with the site earlier.
    Not Google though, odd :confused:
  8. If you're in the US you won't notice it and if you're in the UK you'll be connected to google's UK servers.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  9. Time will tell who's right here. Untill then.
  10. You're trying to proof the opposite of what you're trying to say.
    Trust me - i've done it many times...except on a much larger and personal scale.

It isn't a server-side problem - it's your internet connection and other people are having it, and your broadband is having issues. Give it a day, maybe a little more, and everything will be back to normal.
    jkjkjk182, RainbowChin and Joshposh70 like this.
  11. Do you have a smartphone? If yes, can you tether with it?
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  12. That probably won't work - It's on a much larger scale (Cogent) connect most of Europe to the US)
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  13. An internet problem doesn't make a minecart go slower than walking. Just think about it for a minute please. Either everything is slower or laggy or that is not the problem. Walking is normal. Riding in a minecart is extremely slow. This is a change in behaviour that affects only PART of the game. I'm really trying not to get pissed off with you guys, but you aren't listening. As fort the boat: Only the water isn't loading, everything on land or within solid blocks is normal, this too is only a PART of the game.
  14. Minecarts are completely server side. Whether my client was lagging or not, the minecart would still move the same speed on the server, I would just be updating it's position on my screen less often if I had a bad connection.
    In this case, the minecart has abnormal characteristics. When in the minecart, it is moving slowly but it's momentum is just the same. The cart will still travel in exccess of 40 blocks from 1 powered rail, but it will do it at around 2m/s instead of 8m/s.

/tps is 19 - 20.
    Default client, same issue.
    I've tried this on two pc's.. Same issue.
    I've tried single player, No issue.
    I've tried a different online server, no issue.

Why other people havn't got this problem, I have no idea. They may just not have discovered it yet, this is a relatively new bug. I have no idea why only a select few have got it right now.

From reading here, I see people are having chunk loading problems when in boats. Maybe it's related?
    My minecart issues are in the nether. I have not tried in the wild, or town.
    ZBSDKryten likes this.
  15. Why wouldnt it?:confused:
  16. I'm also having the minecart problem on smp9 and smp5, though it worked fine yesterday. I'm running 1.4.7 with no mods. /tps gives 20 and I'm on Level3.
  17. Chunk loading is a connection issue, Minecarts going slow is a known bug in 1.4.7 I believe.

When you tether it's still getting sent across via cogent.
  18. What country are you from?