Is it me, or is something wrong on smp7?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by R4nd0mrunn3r, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Ok, guys, never mind. I really don't have the energy for this, sorry if I annoyed you, that wasn't the intention.
  2. Well the recent updates were dealing with the vault, so Aikar would have had to do something weird to mess up another area. Since only you are experiencing this, that also says its not the recent updates. But, one of your mods may be conflicting with the new update (highly unlikely, but the other options are even slimmer). My suggestion would be to force update, and then test it. If it works, yay! If it doesnt, then -_- If it works, try installing mods one by one, so that you can single out the problems one.
    You just came off a bit hostile:p Dont quit yet! There are computer geniuses here, just not on yet.
    mba2012 likes this.
  3. Hmm, this sucks, thanks anyway. I'll keep you posted if i find a fix.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  4. Try opening a terminal and typing ping smp7.empire.us to see how well your isp is communicating with emc servers. You may have great speeds to your isp, but they may have bad connections to our servers. Since no one else is having this problem, it is either you or your ISP.
  5. Bit slow, but i'm from europe so this is to be expected.
  6. Omg omg omg.. Someone with the same problem as me!

Thank you runner! .. Ive been moaning about my minecarts being slow since last night and everyone is going, it's just lag >.<
    It's not! There is something wrong with them, they barely move. Like he says, it's slower than running.
    Im on SMP2. I have the same issue. I dont have any chunk loading problems though.
    Just the minecarts.
  7. 120mbit connection can only mean one thing....

Virginmedia!

By the sounds of things, You're computers having a hard time rendering the chunks, it's pretty common in mincraft, Bugs - Log out and in if it happens.
  8. i have this problem with boats. they are quite laggy and water chunks don't load in some places in the water.
    qwerty helped me and i checked the thingy wayne was talking about and qwerty said mine was a fine speed.
    that means it must be something else than speed.
  9. I'm running a pretty advanced rig, 6 core processor, dual 1gig nvidia cards, and 16 gigs of ram...all with an SSD, and am experiencing the same problem...I'm pretty sure it's server side. I've tried rebooting, even reinstalling minecraft, but to no avail. I keep falling through the water, and I'm just trying to get to town to sell stuff. Server 9 here. I'm playing from campus, and they run a T3 connection, so I doubt it's that. I also tried at home with a standard wireless connection, and found the same results.

-I'm almost positive this is related to the recent patch.
    Nilex92 likes this.
  10. I have the same problem in smp5
  11. Thanks! apparently I'm not crazy after all. Can we get some admin/tech have a look at this?
  12. Like I've said, this is most likely a bug with Minecraft - Also a T3 isn't really fast, it's normally about 40mbit, Which when you have 100-200-300 people online at once, is eaten very quickly.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  13. Now that we have multiple positive ID's of the same problem, can we please leave internet connections out of the thread and go on to the solution part?
  14. I have the same problem in smp5
  15. I have a 4 core Xeon, a 4gb Nvidia card (gtx 670), 16 gigs of ram, and an SSD too, but i have a terrible internet speed, yet i still never have this issue. Its definitely not server side:p
    mba2012 likes this.
  16. The solution is to wait for Minecraft 1.5 when chunk loading should be fixed.
    mba2012 likes this.
  17. What are your computer specs?
  18. Sorry I posted it twice