Is it me, or is something wrong on smp7?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by R4nd0mrunn3r, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Look above in the thread man, at least three people confirmed what i'm saying... the problem is NOT with my hardware, software or my connection.
  2. Minecraft is the problem, So technically it is a piece of software.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  3. Can please all assume this hasn't affected anyone untill yesterday/today.. and leave pc / internet specs out of it, unless everyone in this thread downgraded their pc/internet yesterday... I don't see how it can be the problem.
    This is obviously some kind of bug that has developed over the past few days, and is nothing to do with our pc's.
    It is something Aikar will have to take a look at and diagnose.
    Nilex92, B4DMAN5IMON and Squizzel_Boy like this.
  4. Hear hear!
  5. Im just curious as to what you are using:p
  6. With only 2 confirmed problems out of hundreds of members?
  7. You're having problems with chunk loading - if you don't already have it, I reccomend downloading Optifine :)
    creepincreepers7 likes this.
  8. Yes, but a server side piece of software, so not anything i can influence. As Qwertyip said: Yesterday everything was fine, so it's not a matter of waiting for 1.5

Something changed in the last 24 hours, and we have at least three confirmed independent cases.

How can we contact the techies?
  9. Aikar was on smp1 earlier and mentioned he found a bug with yesterdays update, and that he was going to reset soon, because there would be problems when the servers approach capacity.
    I don't know it that is this he wasn't specific.
  10. I have optifine...
  11. That sounds more like it.
  12. Yeah, my minecarts were going slow before as well. I assumed it was just temporary lag. What catwarrior says sounds promising though :)
  13. The problem more lies with the connections from the server, there's been huge issues with some of the connections across the globe this evening, The link between Verizon and cogent is one example.
  14. Well, lots of text to read but hey.. Im having the same problem.. I tried it on 2 pc's because I thought it was my desktop wich is doing weird :D but that didn't solve the problem, neither I have a bad connection, incase people think so and it also just started to occur last night... Its pretty annoying cause Im also stuck in the wild now with a boat or 2. :'(
  15. Oh : ), Corei7 2,67GHz, 6GB Ram, Nvdia GeForce GT330
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  16. I assume all of you are on Virgin Media or Verizon? Because i'm using Sky i'm getting no problems at all. (I also hate Virgin because they have tried to steal money off me a couple of times...)
    Have you tried uninstalling Optifine? Optifine renders chunks differently to Vanilla Minecraft, so your problem may lie there - the server may not be "agreeing" with it, so to speak.
    creepincreepers7 likes this.
  17. Tsk tsk, It's going to be called liberty global soon, so that should stop everyone making a joke of the name Virgin Media
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  18. Stop suggesting connection problems! >.<
    Im on BE .. Im from the UK. I have a latency of 200ms+ and my game before today, and still does play fine.
    Im not having chunk loading issues, then again, i havnt been in a boat, which is what everyone else is doing when getting this problem.
    I have a problem with minecarts, it's not lag. They are just broken.

As for my pc... It's a laptop.. over 2 years old. Wiped 10 days ago, fresh install of linux yesterday.
    It seems PC's good or bad are getting the same problem.
    Connections good or bad, also have the same problem.
    It's a server problem.
    will_iamd likes this.
  19. Then why is the problem not more widespread?
    creepincreepers7 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  20. Did you have a 7.8% packet loss yesterday? I doubt it.

http://internetpulse.net/