Introducing the EMC Games Server!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Krysyy, Aug 3, 2017.

1. i will never directly admit about whether the games were enjoyable or not especially after whining for two hours about minigames to a certain someone... however i will say that there needs to be more SOLO minigames. not everyone has friends on all the time or will play other people they never talked to before -coughs-like me-coughs- so more solo games would be nice.
    the buildings tho are nice. fun to explore
    N0TSURE likes this.
  2. YAAAAAAAAAS!! :D HYPE!!! Games!!
  3. true.
    PetezzaDawg likes this.
  4. If you have suggestions of solo games that you would like to see, please message b4dman5imon and include me. I did mention that to them when we were testing.
    N0TSURE, 607, AnonReturns and 2 others like this.
  5. When testing some of the games in early development, Solo adventures/games were discussed but when the average person thinks of 'mini-games'; Its usually multi-player interactions and those prove to be more played and fun for a general audience. I had a few solo ideas but they required much more attention and detail since a single player would have more depth into what they are playing rather than brisking through a game with a group. Other than that. Solo games are a possibility and may come into a future update with the Games Server. Do keep in mind that there are other things behind the scenes still being built/developed other than mini-games.
    N0TSURE and B4DMAN5IMON like this.

6. I'd like to claim the first victory of Diamond Run considering the game was broken until 10 minutes ago.
    607 and Roslyn like this.
  7. love the new server. ty to all the staff, great work
    AlexC__ likes this.
  8. Congratulations on the release to everyone who worked on it and especially to Aikar for his commitment!

I can't try it myself with this Internet connection, will have to wait until I return from my trip.

Is any of the games anyhow connected to the SMP game-play?
    (Like for some PvP variants on SMP6 you would choose and bring your own equipment, food and potions.)
    Silken_thread and 607 like this.
  9. Yep, the SMP PVP (the arenas from SMP6) and Mob Arena worlds let you access /vault, as well as the Drop Party room in funland.

edit: also the Firefloor donation room
    Silken_thread, M4ster_M1ner and 607 like this.
  10. This is awesome. I was playing hide and seek and spleef with AlexC_ and carolmoss, and it was awesome! Thanks build team (and other teams) for making this new area possible. Sincerely, good ol' Stnywitness
    NDubb424, N0TSURE and AlexC__ like this.
  11. Looks awesome guys! Golfing was very fun! :D

And now, I'd like to /report EmpireMinecraft for spamming me every 15 minutes with adverts regarding the game server... Little excessive folks, chill please. Stop stalking me! :p :confused:
    Zrugite, N0TSURE, AyanamiKun and 3 others like this.
  12. Don't get me wrong here, I love the new games server and will be there often when not working on a project. Having said this, will the new spam be long term? lol

khixan, TomvanWijnen and Tuqueque like this.
  13. "you're playing for pride, not prize"
    How about playing for fun? Is that okay too? ;)
    Sounds great, I'll try to remember to check it out sometime! :)
    M4ster_M1ner, NDubb424 and AyanamiKun like this.
  14. Add a bowling game.
  15. anyone wanna meet me on games and play???
  16. Pm suggestions to build team leader And Krysyy.
  17. I suggested it in-game and a staff told me to put it here...
  18. I asked Krysyy and she said what i just said above....

[22:22:47] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] From ? Krysyy: send any suggestions to simon please
    [22:22:58] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] From ? Krysyy: include me if you would like
    That was what Krysyy said ingame on the release of the Games server when i asked.
    [22:22:34] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] To ? Krysyy: Are we able to suggest future games?
  19. Woot! I'm like exploding with joy!

At first I was sad to see the "coming soon" sign disappear at town spawn, but boy it was worth it, Haha :p First, Amoozing games, Its like all gorgeous and fluffy :rolleyes:, Its like my dreams came together!

Another side its just amazing, to be walking around seeing all the cool buildings, I feel like a tourist in that cool miniature land. Umm, What to say, great work you all' (Ima give you all individual free hugs). I'm just speechless and I wanna see more, I'm ready!
    607 and N0TSURE like this.
  20. Didn't do it...but I'll look into keeping it more reasonable.
    ThaKloned and finch_rocks_1 like this.