Hello everybody. I’m non-binary!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SageCREEPER, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Hoo boy, I‘d like to take this opportunity to remind y’all that if you want to discuss gender in the manner you’ve been doing, please make a controversial thread. I appreciate you defending me, but keep the debates where they belong. I do appreciate everyone using my pronouns though. It feels really validating.

Thank you for all of the kind responses and offers to talk. It’s awesome to have a group of people who honestly feel like a second family to me be so accepting!
  2. Emc has not added an new emojis yet and I am on a pc. Kryssy has said that they were coming ... But they aren't here yet. I have never looked them up and added them before - wouldn't know how.

Did my best to be welcoming and supportive without them
    FadedMartian and TomvanWijnen like this.
  3. Bugs concerning Unicode Emoji have been resolved years ago. :) I think somewhere between the beginning of 2014 and the end of 2016. So there should be no issues posting Emoji ("wouldn't know how": just type "hearts emoji" into Google (or similar) and copy the one you like from the results. To make text copied from the internet not look weird, use Ctrl + Shift + V instead of regular Ctrl + V when pasting (this is also an option in the context menu, in case you don't use keyboard shortcuts)).
    Egeau likes this.
  4. That would fall under the unknown category that I mentioned, where it's not usually easy to tell the gender of an animal at a glance. Although yeah, sometimes people refer to animals at "it" from a position of authority or looking down upon them, which I'm not particularly fond of, lol.
    Sorry. Wasn't trying to make a debate, just wanted to provide some insight and clarification to pronouns because someone was asking. I have no intent on arguing these topics with anyone, arguments like that never go anywhere with people :p
  5. So you use 'they' to refer to (singular) dogs whose gender you don't know?
  6. Quite a few people seemed to have missed the point of this thread, it's becoming a bit overkill at this point discussing scenarios regarding pronouns.

Congratulations sage! This is a very brave thing to do :)
  7. That's what tends to happen on the world wide web, or on the internet in general. ;) But yeah, especially in this case (being quite a personal thread), maybe I should have let some opportunities slide.
    Extendingskys likes this.
  8. Thank you! It is always a big struggle to come out to someone, but I’m glad to say I feel safe enough in the EMC community to do it!
    edit also look at my profile pic :D