Hash's Big Announcement

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Hashhog, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Wow. I'm done. Wow. I don't know what I can and can't believe anymore. I had noticed you kept the same personality difference after announcing you were hash's alt, but I didn't think much of it.
  2. This has been fun, EMC. :) But as Penguin said, it was time for it to end, because, uh, yeah, he's not my alt. :p And no, this is not another troll; we really are separate people. However, to anyone who is upset at all about this: please know that I did not intend or even expect to hurt anyone through this thread. This was purely a fun little thing that I started on a whim (because hey, who doesn't like trolling Caden?) and ended up carrying with Penguin to all of EMC. If you're upset with me, please shoot me a private message, and I'll be happy to talk; as I said before, I apologize profusely if this has hurt you in any way.

Thanks,
    Hash

I'll be sending you a private message shortly.
    ShelLuser, boozle628, 607 and 2 others like this.
  3. Little do people know, that I'm BK's actual alt. Shhhh
    boozle628, FDNY21 and hashhog3000 like this.
  4. HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA I CAAAALLLED ITT!!!111!3!47271!!!

I'm still samsimx's alt though... ;)

(Sorry, I had to get that out of my system :p)
  5. Well that's, different.
  6. NOT true!! LIES!!!! COMPLETELY LIES!!!!
  7. UGH! I told you guys that hash wasn't mean enough to be PENGUIN!!!!

Edit: he is mean though, this is mean hash! You should be ashamed of yourself lol

8. I still can't stop laughing at that...
    boozle628 likes this.
  9. But wait, did hash send posts to Penguin to post, or something? Because after the "reveal", Penguin really started to post like he was hashhog.
    PenguinDJ and hashhog3000 like this.

10. Nor do I have THE SLIGHTEST idea of what happened. Why do I believe things like this? Why am I so gullible?
  11. It was Penguin's idea to post in my usual font. :p We did have a conversation going so that if somebody asked a question that was meant for the other, and the other wasn't online, they could bluff their way out and ask in the convo. :p

Eh, don't feel gullible. It worked especially well because so many people bought in on it, resulting in more and more falling for it. :) It was MUCH harder to convince individual people (Caden, FDNY) before making the thread than after making the thread and getting all the responses.
    boozle628, PenguinDJ and FDNY21 like this.
  12. I assume a lot of people believed it also because they didn't want to seem mean, as for some people it could be a sensitive topic, and it could have been considered insensitive to not take a serious post seriously.
    hashhog3000 and 607 like this.
  13. Seriously? Wow. Wow. Sneaky Penguin and Sneaky Fox.....
    Quite the pair you two....
    Shocked, again.
    I feel stupid....
    PenguinDJ, hashhog3000 and 607 like this.
  14. When I read this I believed it right away, for the only reason that hash didnt wanted to post hid 4000th post for so long and then made this announcement (I bet that is coincidence, or was that part of the plan too?). Because of that, I didnt doubt this when I saw that penguin didnt reply as one of the first on thus post with the message that it was true, penguin had more posts, or that penguin had no admin on hash's post. I just thought huh, that is strange but then ignored it and went on eith my life :p.
    Now I see this, I realize how bad the story actually is, 'I took the contribution team member because my friend appealed for that and I didnt want his account to die'... Seriously? Why didn't I suspect that? :confused:
    At first I didnt believe this really, because penguin and hash are just different persons, with different personality. But like I said, the fact that hash didnt want to post his 4000th post convinced me.

Anyhow, I almost entirely believed it, but there were a couple things that I thought were strange. This is one of the pranks with maybe a bit too much effort, but it didnt get out of hand like the tax luckily :p I liked this one, well done.
    Patr1cV, PenguinDJ and Hashhog like this.
  15. The 4,000th post arriving was just a lucky coincidence of timing. :) And yeah, it was tough to fit the Contribution Team thing into the story, so we had to work with what we had. :p
    haastregt and PenguinDJ like this.
  16. I posted as my usual self would've. The only thing that changed was the font.

I think it was more of a trick of the mind... when I was discussing it with a player (during the troll), he said he noticed a huge personality change mid-February, when I said I accounted it. :p
    607, boozle628 and hashhog3000 like this.
  17. I'm so dumb... Always called you HashyBOY...
    Didn't ever, but good idea HKRo.. HashBoy, it's true now.
  18. :)
  19. I kinda believed you at first, but then I remember that I sold Penguin a few DC's of ice for his Penguin-land project not too long back. I figured it would not make sense to complete that project and then quit EMC most of the time.
    So you kind of had me there, I'll give you that. :p
    hashhog3000 and PenguinDJ like this.