Happy Thanksgiving! Misc Updates - 11/24/15

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Super Turkeys cannot be eggified. Also, to everyone hunting these turkeys, relax your hand when you're attacking the turkeys so you guys don't develop some pain-related issues. Take breaks if you need to (or use a macro mod if that is possible)! :)
    Gawadrolt, 607 and Kytula like this.
  2. With the nightly reboot i'm tweaking their behavior.

They will no longer spawn when another turkey is already nearby.
    Also lowered spawn chance from 5% to 2%
    Additionally, player personal respawn timer for turkeys being set to 2 hrs (vs 30 mins)

I'm also bumping up the exp, token and common item drops (leaving turkey slicer drop chance alone)

So if you dont want to fight them in farms, don't kill one when it spawns, wait until event is over, then kill it.
    Gawadrolt, khixan, Kytula and 2 others like this.
  3. Maybe a dumb questions?
    But have they been adder already, can I go hunt them right now?
  4. How far away approximately is a Super Turkey when it gobbles?
  5. Cant wait to kill some turkeys... :) *Starting to sharpen my sword*
    ShelLuser likes this.
  6. Just killed my first one :D took forever and was pretty tricky since it kept jumping into my lava pools xD
  7. Nice Aikar! Well i'm going to Hunt for my chicken Wings now!
    HannahEB likes this.
  8. I thought there was going to be a new promo. Or the chicken was the promo xD
  9. I think the promo will appear tomorrow. :)
    HannahEB likes this.
  10. Will they de spawn after? When it's not thanks giving?
  11. Yoy xD
  12. Awesome update Aikar and even though I've said this a few times now, Matheus: the Thankgiving maps look awesome.

After analysis of the 100 member events, we decided to leave them up until the end of November in the shop and release a map to commemorate Thanksgiving instead of a promo this year.

I wish each and every one of you a wonderful Thanksgiving. I have so much to be thankful for in my life, part of which is being able to come home from irl work and speak with, and sometimes troll with, you awesome folks as well as having the honor to help plan things that make this server better every day. I hope that each of you, regardless of place of origin, take time to think about things in your life that you are thankful for, as that is the true meaning of Thanksgiving.

Oh and to those visiting family: remember to put down your phone/tablet/laptop and spend quality time with your loved ones. It's all too real when you realize time may be running out.
  13. Happy thanksgiving to all of EMC. =]:p
    mercenaries2009 likes this.

14. Gobble Gobble. Saw him chased him down a dark cave cornered him. took a MC day and a half to kill the Foul creature.
    got 2 peices of turkey nom nom nom.... no gravey so it was a little dry, 4 diamonds and Yes i got a turkey slicer on my first kill. Now to go to the doctor for wrist pain!
    Gawadrolt, khixan, 607 and 3 others like this.
  15. cool update! some1 is a little jelly @ me because i can play with the res commands and he can't ^.^

the flags location command thingie no workie on smp4, if u use /v spawn_town@flags it says it couldnt find saved location. worked on smp2.

pls fix smp4 ^.^
  16. Does it say anything with res loc list at spawn?
  17. Just fyi i had one spawn within 20-40 blocks of another one within 20 minutes ._.
    Spiritress likes this.