Happy Thanksgiving! Misc Updates - 11/24/15

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Nov 24, 2015.

1. So, I don't know if this will help LOL, but I went out to the waste for some resources not really intending on hacking on another turkey because of the time it takes. get the gobble gobble so i stop and do a 360 and the turkey was just sitting there not running around, I noticed that they will stop every once in awhile kinda like a tease. One of my favorite things to do is get lost inthe wild or waste just to see what i can find so i walked up and addressed the turkey Ed Norton style. I chased the SOB all over the place getting 1 hit in about 20 swings, think i did a nice job mowing the grass i got a lot of seed. bumped him down in to a cave I have an op 13.25 sword with knockback i managed to get him cornered into a little 3 x 4 hole someone had dug and quickly boxed him in. I got the bright idea I got the slicer on diff 5 Im locked in right now with just a little turkey so i /diff 10 perhaps this will up the chance for another sword. so I start hacking away at this little defenseless bird cornered in a cave with no escape. I hear a zombie then another a spider, still hacking, more zombies sounds like im in the middle of a mob grinder. turkey dies, got the Slicer and a diamond and cooked turkey. /diff 1 gonna clear out. unplug the as i unplug someone said somehting in chat and i see, you have recently been in combat your effective diff is 1 but won't change for 3 minuts or such. my heart sinks as baby zom comes running through the one block hole i just created, esc disconnect.
    Reidlin, Kytula, 607 and 1 other person like this.
  2. not sure if this is mentioned but /vote fixitem says there is nothing wrong with my item but the name is still my old name
  3. Update about to go out

• Fixed sell sign shop creation
    • Fixed /vote fixitem not working on certs (well hasn't been tested as I don't have an old item to test with >.<, but hopefully it works)
    • Fixed /p not showing ALL names a player previously had, and also will fix middle names as MD noted. So /vote fixitem should work for all of your items now.
    Kytula, cadgamer101 and ShelLuser like this.
  4. Is it an in the middle name that doesn't show on /p? If so, itll be fixed in a moment.
  5. If anyone's curious about the health these things have, I'll leave it in a spoiler. Don't open unless you actually want to know.
    2048 HP, or 1024 Hearts
    cadgamer101 and 607 like this.
  6. I tried doing it on my voters helmet. I've only changed my name once. My armor shows "wkramer79" and my current name is WayneKramer. I haven't had any other names.

edit: after reboot I tried again and it still says "unable to fix this Item. Looks fine to me."

I'm out in the Wastelands and not in town, not sure if that matters.
  7. Toade and I spent about 40 mins trying to find one after it spawned on me to no avail. Anyone got any tips for me, not about how to get them to spawn, but how to find them?
    Dufne likes this.
  8. I didn't see one, but I was running through and got the gobble gobble msg, if this helps any.
  9. Obviously they are easier to find when they are above ground but if you're mining down below or think they are in a mine, it's kind of just luck. Just gotta look around.

So far what I don't know is how well you can see them through blocks. I know last year you could see them pretty far away through blocks but I thought Aikar nerfed that when blizzards were around.
  10. 1.8 broke seeing name plates through walls. I asked for it to be reverted but they denied it.
  11. Is there any good and easy way to fix this, or is finding them just insanely more difficult?
  12. I think it still works but you need to be much closer to them.

Also do Turkey's spawn with the same rules as other mobs as far as distance from you? Like they will spawn within 64 block radius of your position or are they different.
  13. Does killing the turkies actually hurt your wrist afterwards?
  14. Super Turkeys can spawn up to 256 blocks away from you. :)
    Kytula and ThaKloned like this.
  15. Confirmed.

Ok thanks :)
    Satchiko and ElmofiedBoby like this.
  16. It's a 256 block radius.
    ThaKloned likes this.
  17. This is just bosses and Turkeys though right? Normal mobs are still within 64?

EDIT: And I assume fest chests are 256 as well? I had just joined when all this was going on last year so do not know this info :p
  18. I can fix all of my Voter's Gear, except for my boots. This is probably because they're a replacement that Krysyy gave to me when I lost my original pair.
  19. Great post!

This all seems nice!
    I'll be sure to claim the map when I get on for some more 100k member items ;)
  20. Wastelands AND wild?