Happy Pride Month!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Jun 30, 2017.

1. It's pride month, and you ask for a promo.
  2. Probably not :) There arent promos for everything :p
  3. oo Nice!
    We3_MPO likes this.
  4. runner its alost canada day
    RS_Ultimate likes this.
  5. was the flag already removed? because i'm not seeing it anywhere lol
    EDIT: found it, darn thing was hiding from me XD

please yes... one at a time is killing me right now, especially because i want an entire stack. :(
    607 and Sachrock like this.
  6. straight-up, this is so gay.
    UltiPig, Patr1cV, BenMA and 4 others like this.
  7. Krysyy has already said they only do American holidays.
    EmpireMall, 607, battmeghs and 2 others like this.
  8. ............
  9. Thank you Kryssy :)
  10. Sobbing! That is amazing kryssy! Will this be up forever or only until a certain time?
    We3_MPO likes this.
  11. It's a permanent addition.
    MissFable, fox1fire, NDubb424 and 3 others like this.
  12. I once bought a DC of each side of the American and Canadian flags when they first released so
  13. We don't like to flood the market with promos so we tend to save them for more major occasions–very publicized holidays or extreme EMC milestones (e.g. when we got 100,000 forum members). A lot of things like this (Pride month, Thanksgiving, etc.) we just like to appreciate in other ways, not necessarily release a promo for.

We tend to do only American holidays because yes, we are an American based server, but even these aren't very widespread–we've tended to stop doing promos for Thanksgiving, so the only one that really applies to is American Independence Day (which is coming up).

That said, flags are a way we sometimes recognize other holidays. The Canadian flag was the second flag we added (after the American), and it was added specifically to celebrate Canada Day that year.
    MissFable, 607 and We3_MPO like this.
  14. brb gotta go get my gay on

Happy Pride month :D

Because there's no other threads - from what I can see - I'll just put some interesting facts here. Feel free to read if you want. These are all European only, however, as that's where I live and I'm not informed of events elsewhere enough to comment on then. But feel free to add to this if you'd like.
    • Ireland, an extremely Catholic country, elected its first openly gay Taoiseach (President).
    • Aleksandar Vukic, Serbia's President (who I don't like btw, he is a very dangerous man), appointed Arna Brnabić as his Prime Minister - she is the first openly gay person (and the first woman) to hold that office and the first LGBTQ+ head of government in Eastern Europe, which is particularly surprising to see as over 80% of Serbians view homosexuality as an illness, and Pride parades were banned from 2010 - 2014 due to them being targets of violence (violence that hasn't been seen since 2014's parade tho).
    • Germany legalised gay marriage! It would have happened earlier, however the CDU kept blocking it from being voted on. Germany is the most gay-friendly country in the world (over 80% of Germans support gay marriage and other LGBT+ rights), next to Spain, so it's about time it was passed. Angela Merkel, the German Chancellor, voted against it, by the way - just adding that so you don't think this is something she supports (because history certainly will).
    However, this continent has failed in some areas.

• Erdogan - the same man who let his bodyguards beat American citizens, told Turkish immigrants not to assimilate, etc. - told the people of Turkey not to attend Pride parades. They are outlawed in Turkey. He allowed the Turkish police to open fire on a group of activists with rubber bullets as they attempted to hold one.
    • The British Conservative Party formed a government with the Northern Irish DUP - Christian fundamentalists who fund terrorist groups, and were formed from one themselves, and have previously had slogans asking people to kill gays, and have also participated in beating them in the streets, etc. The Northern Irish Assembly voted to legalise gay marriage in 2015, but the DUP blocked the vote from having any effect. They now have the support of the British government, in violation of the Good Friday Agreement. (Worth noting that England + Wales legalised gay marriage in 2013, and Scotland did so in 2014, though.)
    Aaaand I'm done :D
    Taste the rainbow, eat the rainbow, be the rainbow.
    MissFable, 607, JohnKid and 4 others like this.
  15. I love this! Thank you so much to everyone who helped with the new flag! <3
    We3_MPO and JohnKid like this.
  16. Yasss can't wait to buy some :D
    We3_MPO and JohnKid like this.
  17. I know I already posted here but since the thread had to be swept I felt it was worth reiterating.

This is not the thread to be discussing the political, social, or economic aspects of the LGBT movement. It is regarding the pride flag's availability on the server. Please keep in mind that future posts made in this thread that cross into controversial territory regarding the elements I mentioned will result in deletion if brought to the attention of staff.
    607, We3_MPO, crystaldragon13 and 2 others like this.
  18. Why'd slvr's post get replaced?
  19. Not sure if you're referring to her first or second deleted post so I'll answer for both. The first was to keep everything condense since we were going to post another reminder once the thread was cleaned up; there's no sense in having two reminders saying the same thing in the thread. The second was because we ninja'ed each other on said reminder and she elected to remove hers.

But let's move on from this and back to the original topic of the thread.
    607, We3_MPO and FadedMartian like this.
  20. I see got mine was deleted XD I don't regret saying what I did, but sorry for taking up your time staff