Halloween Town, Vaults, and Trading - 10/30/16

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Oct 30, 2016.

1. I'm sorry if I didn't read the OP clearly, but will there be a way to limit people from cheating at the candy toss thing with alts?

Awesome update!
  2. Blondekid42 started a bartering service some time ago. I like to think that he started this whole /trade thing :) Can't wait to test it out!

(and yes, a community guide will most certainly find its way to the forums somewhere next week, no worries if you don't got all details yet) :)

And of course: thanks a bunch Aikar, from what I can tell this is awesome. Especially for those of us with 8 (or so) vault pages and we need to look through them all to find that specific misplaced item. Awesomesauce!
    jossytheninja, ANubIsWe3 and Kytula like this.
  3. We've temporarily disabled the vault buttons under your items as we were having issues with it eating items on shift click.

We will fix later tonight (by filling the blanks with glass panes)
  4. Yeah we just had it reported, if it was something you need replaced, please get with SS.
    ANubIsWe3 likes this.
  5. So, there is no actual /promo this year..?
  6. Only UNIQUE pairs will work.
    Correct. You can earn a promo with the Trick-or-Treat game.
  7. Can you earn multiple promos, and how many points does it take to earn a promo?
  8. Awesome! :Dbut the fireworks are a little to much for my computer to handle :mad:
    jossytheninja and ShelLuser like this.
  9. You can earn by participating in the game and earning points. Minimum of 50 for the first reward.
    Spoke to Aikar and he's going to lower the effects, but it's more likely the candy being spammed atm. It will slow down here soon.
    607, Kytula and Gage9942 like this.
  10. Glad that my interface additions/improvements finally got released! Need to find time to work on my next major improvement now.
  11. I seriously love what you're trying to do here but.. this seems also open for abuse I fear. I didn't do nothing but walk around and I still got points for doing so. That can't be right, right?

Go look it up if you have to: I have points on SMP2 and it's not from throwing stuff at people. *

And with all due respect: this sounds unfair to me. I have stacks of haunted candy from using the headless horseman mask (refuse to use 'm here: those are gifts in my upcoming event). Which automatically seems to give me tons of advantages to gain the promo than my friend Aya who doesn't have these candy reserves.

For the record: you can swap out Aya for any other player combination out here where one has stacks of candy and the other has none.

Sorry guys, but I don't think this is a fair event. Hope you can prove me wrong here.

12. This isn't meant for crazy prizes and is intended to simply be a fun trick-or-treat game that people can choose to be competitive in if they wish. While we have top prizes, it's no special item or anything.
    jhtk01, ANubIsWe3, Qkazooo and 2 others like this.
  13. OHMUHGAWDMYPRAYERSHAVEBEENANSWERED
  14. A promo is per-definition a special item. And as shown above the system is pretty open for "abuse". And I use "" specifically because I can see it's not that much harmful. But even so at the same time this competition is also not exactly fair either.

(edit):

Players who are online during times where there's less players around are in risk of not getting any chance at all. I don't consider this fair.
  15. I suggest not being able to get points while player is afk
    jhtk01 and ShelLuser like this.
  16. There is over a week for people to share. If you don't go out on Halloween night and actually knock on people's doors, you don't get Halloween candy. It's the same concept. It's for fun. Our Halloween night lasts a week, at minimum.

If people want to complain about it and feel the need to argue about meaningless points, then by all means, my inbox is open. But seriously, it's Halloween. Put on a goofy costume skin, or a scary one, grab some candy and throw it at each other.
  17. Sweet Update Aikar!
  18. SMP7's plague is affecting it hardcore.... Having constant lag issues :/ trying to figure things out.