[GRIP] - Supporting you when griefed

Discussion in 'Business Listings' started by ShelLuser, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Not advisable as if he/she can't remove them on his/her own, then using a water bucket would be a bypass of antigrief - assuming water affects torches if protected (which I'm not sure of off the top of my head).

I have removed the frontier outpost coordinates to maintain confidentiality of the location.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  2. hrrm the torches are still there and still protected so any assistance would be appreciated.
  3. If you can't remove them on your own then someone has placed them while using /buildmode. In that case your options are limited... I'd get staff involved. Use /staff in-game, and ask for their help.

First and foremost I'd try to contact the person who placed them (as mentioned by others). If that doesn't work then it depends if this outpost is an established one or not. If it is, and you're the owner, then you can request staff's help to remove said torches. Use /staff in-game, ask for their help and they'll be able to remove them.

If the outpost is owned by someone else then they will need to sort this out. Only the outpost owner can request that the rules for building are to be enforced.

Hope this can help a bit. I'll check if I can catch you in-game.
  4. thanks ShelLuser i will look up some online staff and continue to try to get to the people that placed them. i appreciate the assist.
  5. Why? It's 5 blocks from the protected area of spawn. I think the secret is out.
    ydnarwoodard likes this.
  6. Probably because someone thought it might be safer and requested staff to look into that. Not that I would know anything of that of course <insert innocent whistling here> :D
    fBuilderS and ydnarwoodard like this.
  7. - jumps on rabbit trail -

We usually censor outpost coordinate information when it is involving outpost requests or griefings publicized on forums because they can be considered vulnerable targets for those who harness the dark side of the rainbow. It's meant more to protect them in those cases than anything else, though AG does do a wonderful job of exactly that these days. That being said, they could be picked off as targets so we take efforts to deter it as much as possible when posted in those contexts.

- jumps off rabbit trail -
    ShelLuser likes this.
  8. That's a wonderful sentiment towards outposts. However this was a privately built, public grinder.

-And with that being said all is well and no more talky talky from me on this subject. :D
    ShelLuser likes this.
  9. i was about to remove them myself because it just seemed to be asking for it. tbh i built this thing so long ago im pretty sure it was where most griefers went to learn to grief. so many hours spent putting it back together.
    ShelLuser and MajorHaze like this.
  10. That's the funniest. You just made my day with that comment.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  11. after you get it fixed, i suggest adding a sign saying is a dark area that works as a mob grinder. That way people wont lid it up in the future
  12. Crystaldragon13 has set the world to rights.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  13. good idea at least then the people will not be griefinf it whilst thinking they are doing a favor
  14. psst... there's still the co-ordinates where people have quoted that post ;)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  15. Good eye; I'm clearly going blind over here. Fixed :D
    fBuilderS, ydnarwoodard and ShelLuser like this.
  16. The GRIP residence has been relocated to SMP2

Am I seeing double? ;)

Hi gang!

I've had this idea for a while now but today it has been put into action: the GRIP storage has been relocated from SMP5 to SMP2. So from now on you can visit it using /v +grip on SMP2. I'm still busy restoring some things but the residence itself is fully accessible again.

The reason for this move is because I couldn't help notice spending more time on SMP2 than on SMP5 (duh), mostly because SMP2 is my home server. And I've also often found myself willing to mess around a bit with the residence (there's a lot of unused space) but then not willing to leave SMP2 because I was having a fun time.

So to make things a little easier on me I decided to move the residence. Note: because the residence is owned by me it's also me who paid for it. I am playing with the idea to move the ownership to GripCEO and then getting myself another residence, but we'll see how that goes. One important thing: all these things are paid for by me personally, no GRIP funds will be used just to make things a little more easy on me.
  17. Can i get involved with this?

- Andy
    AyanamiKun likes this.
  18. I've been wanting to be a part of this group for a while because it is a great group to be a part of, I can contribute some if there are chances available Shell
    AyanamiKun likes this.
  19. Sorry for the very late response. I did notice your posts "back then" but wasn't really sure how (and if) to respond.

Right now we're not really taking on new members but there are a few things on my mind which may very well become more real next year. So I'll keep your comments in mind ;)

Thing is: block protection / anti grief really had its impact. Over time only some elders (returning veteran players) got issues and trying to compensate their misfortunes only resulted in them donating to GRIP (I am not making this up).

Just keep in mind that you can always help to make a difference. If you spot a player who was obviously griefed then it will always help to point them to us.

Fair warning: keep in mind that if you would end up joining GRIP then there will be some limitations as well. Such as not being able to make claims yourself and in some cases you'll also be excluded from some ongoing stuff / events. Keep that well in mind: the whole idea behind GRIP is to put other people's interest above yours.

Amd to make this even more complicated is that "community" trumps all :p

Alas.. Thanks for your comments. I read 'm, I noticed, I'll keep it in mind.

Who knows.. there will be some changes next year. Also because I can't help think that we can do better.
    khixan likes this.
  20. Note about the upcoming Holiday season

December is upon is which is the month of the festivities. GRIP will be doing its share as well, but because I consider all GRIP resources to be owned by the EMC community I also feel obligated to explain what we're going to do here.

Right now GRIP owns approximately 5 million rupees and I think that's a bit too much considering the low demand right now. It's good for us to have some reserves (and we'll be keeping those) but 4 million (give or take) is more than enough. Therefor we're doing to give 1 million rupees back to the community.

Now, last time this happened I more or less decided to focus on 2 musea who already had gained a reputation to be solid and reliable (read: they were around before I joined the Empire and they're still around) but this time Aya suggested that we'd do something different.

At first GRIP will be sponsoring the "Santa's little helper" event with 250k. Once again for the simple reason that this event has been around for a longer time, Raayn (the hoster) has a solid reputation as far as I'm concerned and most of all (don't pick this up in the wrong way please!): there hasn't been an event like this for quite a while now, also because EMC staff more or less seemed to have stopped (or delayed?) their appreciation event.

So once I learned that Raayn had decided to "disqualify" previous winners I knew this was something to be taken seriously.

But this still leaves us with 750k.

So this year we're going to be doing something different. 3 GRIP members will be given 250k each and it is up to them to spend that money on the community. I'm not going to reveal the identities of these members just yet, that will happen afterwards (around the end of the month or next year). And no: there won't be any alts involved ;)

The plan is to try and spend it on as many players as possible. So maybe sponsoring events, helping newer players, etc. Basically whatever the GRIP members can come up with.

You can expect full disclosure over time, one major rule I set up is that all three members keep a log of how they spend the money, and that list will eventually be posted on this thread as well. Simple reasoning: this is community money, so the community has every right to see how we spend it.

Yes, I know that this doesn't involve griefings and such but it will help out the community, only in a different manner. GRIP was founded with 1 single goal in mind: to help out the community. Originally to help deal with griefings, but I see no reason for us to stop there. Especially during the Holiday season.

Some of you may see this as "wasting money" (each to their own) but... If our actions motivate a player to continue playing, and maybe persuade him or her to eventually do similar things themselves then wouldn't you agree that we might have been the trigger for something more?

That's what I try to keep in mind with these things.

Anyway... that's the story, now it's time for me to hop online and have some fun :)