[Giveaway] Santas little helper 2017

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by Raaynn, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Its that time of year again, and for those who weren't around last xmas, What I like best about EMC is the supportive community, so this giveaway is in honour of that very fact! As my time is limited, it is difficult for me to host other events. So......

Somewhere out there is a very helpful Santa's little helper, who doesn't work just one day a year, but all year long, helping out others throughout the Empire. I need YOUR help to find that person again this year. That individual will receive 1 Million rupees plus a Diamond voucher so that they can continue to help others out as they already do. And a trophy for them to remember their achievement.

NOTE: In this event, previous years winners are not eligible, thus this year Shelluser is an invalid nomination. Instead I have actually asked for his input and help in receiving nominees, as well as to assist in case of any tiebreaker.. and same will be said for new winners going forward in the following years.

Now I we all know some of those people would say "No, I'm good, i don't need it really..." but in fact knowing that this will just go towards helping others one way or another I think its a good thing to do.

So I ask that players please Nominate others, preferably via a pm to myself, deadline for this being the 25th of December. I have some people in mind, but want to open it up to the community as I don't run across everybody to know enough myself.

The second part will be voting on those nominated by the 29th of December, for the prize to be awarded before the 1st of the New Year!

ALL players are welcome to be nominated, including staff and team members, so please send me your nominations and lets Celebrate the Community! Also have a donation chest set up on the Ship's main deck at 12010 for anyone who wants to add to the prize pool. Additional prizes WILL be awarded to others pending the results. (250,000 rupees to 2nd and 100,000 r 3rd place)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!
    khixan, SkeleTin007, padde73 and 6 others like this.
  2. Sounds fun!

First
    Raaynn likes this.
  3. :3 this glorious time again, and thanks for putting in the unique entries this time around xD not to say Shell doesn't deserve this award! Darn... now to think of who I should nominate. I have too many good friends, but I want to nominate someone who's active on either the forums or server...
    smooshed_potato and Raaynn like this.
  4. December 1st bump.
  5. Nominations, nominations, nominations... That is quite the generous giveaway you got going.

I love this time of year, it's all the darn displays.. So festive and cheery.
    Raaynn and ShelLuser like this.
  6. nice!!
    Raaynn likes this.
  7. Ah, totally missed this, loving it already. I still recall the impact this had on me last year. And I'd like to once again applaud you for your decision to exclude previous winners, I think that's a very fair thing to do. This way more players can experience the spotlight for a change, and I think that's very important and only adds up to the fun.

Just for the record (and for newer players): this is coming from someone who has won a lot of (community) awards comparable to this one over the years. 2 times in a row a community defender (staff organized event), Hashhog's massive event 2 years back and last year this one. As much as I enjoyed winning those it also made me feel a little uncomfortable sometimes.

But yeah... Raayn already knew this one but I'd like to make it public: GRIP will be donating 250k to this event. The plan was to sort that out last weekend, but I had some other things to take care of first and due to circumstances I couldn't manage those until today. Now that I sorted out my issues you can expect payment to happen today, at most tomorrow.
  8. goose bumps! get those Nominations in please :)

5 nominees at the moment. Please PM me with your most Helpful Player
    khixan, Smooshed_Potato and ShelLuser like this.
  9. Ski Bump!

Nominate a helper today! 1 Million Rupee Prize!
  10. Dont forget to nominate someone. Deadline getting closer...
  11. 4 days left for Nominations !
  12. I would love to nominate Tbird1128 for the Santa's Helper Award because she is always there for other players and will be there to help out any way she can
    khixan likes this.
  13. received