[GRIP] - Supporting you when griefed

Discussion in 'Business Listings' started by ShelLuser, Aug 15, 2015.

1. We have a new member: fBuilderS!

So if ur griefed then u can now also ask Builder 2 help u out.
  2. I'll do some updates later this evening (this thread and a guide which I promised to update with 2 mentioned ideas).

I'd like to answer two questions which players keep asking:

Why doesn't GRIP share more often what you're doing? So why don't you mention it every time when you discover a griefing and help players out?

That answer is two-fold. First and foremost it's up to the owner of the build to decide if he wants to share it or not. Being a GRIP member is not about patting yourself on the back while being able to point people at a thread saying: "See? We helped there!". Most of our work is done behind the scenes and that works just fine for us.

But the second reason is much more important: I also don't want to create a platform which notorious spammers can point at and share with their buddies: "See? I did that!".

In my opinion the only group which should have the authority to decide whether they want to share such numbers or not is the staff. And trust me: if GRIP was on the scene to help out then so was the staff. Because if the player can't report the grief for whatever reason then we will help him by reporting it for him. So basically we don't do anything which the staff doesn't already know about.

What happens to GRIP when land protection is ready?

We'll continue doing what we do best: helping players out! I've given this much thought, but I think that even with land protection there will always be players who found themselves on the bad side of a griefer. And GRIP will be there to support those players.

Think about it: what happens to a player who likes playing on his own, doesn't like town and spends most of his time in the wilderness. He doesn't like custom mobs (has that turned off) but he has a great time building and mining and playing survival. (I'm actually basing this on a real player ;)).

Don't think for one second that if such a player gets griefed that GRIP would simply say: "Oh, tough luck. You should have killed more custom mobs so that you got tokens to protect your stuff!".

Play your way is a precious thing in my opinion. So if we can help players who "played their way" yet still fell through the cracks of the system then we will.

Oh, for the record: please don't confuse play your way with having your way ;) Even if you play your way then there are no guarantees that your way gets you the intended results.

Just my 2 cents ;)
  3. I love this so much
    AyanamiKun likes this.
  4. u'll get over it soon enough ^.^
    fBuilderS likes this.
  5. on smp3 /wild e there is a restoration of the lands being done. There are 3 or 4 homes that have been build. Well 2 or 3 have been griefed. I myself was one you had been robbed of my armor stolen. I'm not asking and i don't need the help with my place. However i'm not sure about the others.

I just wanted to bring this griefing to the surface. I've already had staff take the report.

I just hate it, when people get on here only to destroy things.............

The culprit left a sign saying "xxxxxxxxxx" ( a username ) took my armor. There were at least two people involved. I'm not naming the names. But why..........................
    ShelLuser likes this.
  6. The best option here is to have them contact us. Normally you can't make a claim for others, for 2 main reasons: ruling out risk of abuse (should speak for itself) and second: making a claim can only be done once every month, this is to ensure that GRIP actually helps with the rebuild but isn't used to sustain a commonly targeted place. As sad as it is: sometimes it might be better to relocate.

Of course these rules aren't carved out in stone and we don't follow 'm blindly. What matters most is that their intent is being kept in mind (its mainly to protect us from abuse and our resources from drainage).

If you guys are actually helping repair people's buildings (and staff got involved as well, that is an important detail: always report the grief!) then I'm sure we can work something out. Just send me a list of the main used materials, and let me see what we can do. Of course I'll check out the area myself as well soonish.

Careful!

Never trust what is written on signs near griefed structures. Griefers never take responsibility for their own actions and will often try to put the blame on other people. The only group which has a good chance to determine who was behind this is the staff. So always get them involved!

So yeah, let me know.
    kevmeup likes this.
  7. Thanks, i actually don't know who the other two houses belong to. I just wanted to vent and couldn't find the smp3 wild N restoration forum thread....This thread seemed like the next best place to vent.........
    ShelLuser likes this.
  8. If you could keep an eye out for us that'd be great :)
    ShelLuser, MajorHaze and AyanamiKun like this.
  9. I don't play much but I would like to donate 20,000r to this honorable cause :) if I ever got griefed I would app this :)

what should I do to donate?
    Kaizimir and ShelLuser like this.
  10. First of all: thank you! Every bit helps us out.

What you can do is: /pay AyanamiKun 20000 grip donation. She'll sort it out, edits the page up there and then transfers it to the main cash register ;)
  11. Those people helped me out with the public stone farm that was griefed today. Probably thanks to them I can open the farm again today! Serious, thanks alot!
    ShelLuser, fBuilderS and Hashhog like this.
  12. Thanks for being so courteous :)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  13. I'm going to work up to donate 50,000 r for this AMAZING charity thingy :D I love this idea alot! I've had experiences with being griefed, its not a pretty sight. One of our 'towns' for fishing was griefed, they left a sign with player names on em' they were actually the griefers suprisingly, i have ALWAYS been against griefing. I hate how people think its "fun" or "cool", would you like it if your HUGE building to sky limit was destroyed? you spent alot of time on it them boom! your build is gone. But i would proudly like to donate, time to sell a bunch ^-^
  14. Don't feel like you have to :)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  15. Hello GRIP
    I am doing a drop party for to celebrate my birthday ( http://empireminecraft.com/threads/...5/#website-hacked-by-donald-trump-not-a-virus ) and I am donating half of the stuff donated to me to you (that probably makes no sense so here is a diagram to show what I am doing:
    Peoople donate money or items at the drop party-----> I split it all in half------->half for me half for GRIP)
    I would also love if you could attend :p
    -Guill
    ShelLuser likes this.
  16. We highly appreciate your donation! Thanks a ton :D I'll check the times on the thread now and see if I can attend, if not I'll try get another member to attend :) Thanks again
    ~fBuilderS
    ShelLuser likes this.
  17. :)
    ShelLuser and fBuilderS like this.
  18. So today an outpost on SMP2 got hit. Nasty stuff but, you probably guessed it, GRIP could intervene a bit. However, that's not important right now and also not what I want to talk about.

What I do want to talk about is what an amazing community we actually have here. Something which got reconfirmed once again this evening. Sure, we helped. A bit. But once again we couldn't have done some of the things we did without you guys. And that's not all: once word got out that this outpost got hit it didn't take long before other players also banded together to try and help rebuild as well as help refund. "I got some iron to spare for the beacon pyramid, its ok I'll just have to afk some more"; not a literal quote but that's pretty close to the mark.

Aya was looking for a horse on SMP4: "Oh, I know someone, give me a minute.." and wham! Few moments later we (grip) got our horse we needed.

Maybe those are small details to you, and you would be right. But you know what they say: many small things...

... look good enough to eat :D I'd better get some dinner ready ;)

But yeah, at times like these I really got reminded again just how special and great our community actually is! Oh, and for the record: we'll probably be looking for resources soon, but that's for later.
    _FB_, khixan and AverageWalrus like this.
  19. soz 4 not updating funds page for some time but its now up 2 date again! ^.^

i also added date of last update so u can see if i should have seen any donations or not.

and thx u guys 4 all ur support!!!