[giveaway] 5 MILLION RUPEES!!!!

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by samsimx, May 31, 2017.

1. samsimx, you crazed genius, you're doing it again. Yes Emc, I am doing it again, and having an imaginary inner dialogue with all of you as I am doing so. And yes, I'm going to shamelessly plug my thread from 2 years ago again. Last time we were celebrating my birthday and this time we are celebrating my 5th year on EMC!

Some of you may know me and some of the more fortunate players of EMC do not! When I joined EMC 5 years ago the server and game of minecraft were vastly different than what we play today. I joined EMC five years ago and I can say confidently that I am a completely different person than the wanna-be-edgelord-twerp teenager that hopped on SMP7 that day. I figure with this post I will reflect on some of my time here, and hopefully some of you can help me in doing so. (comment some stuff about me)

EMC was my first introduction to the internet which may be shocking to some, but before I joined EMC I laughed at internet culture and the thought of playing PC games. (boy how times have changed)

When I joined in 2012 Minecraft was still a fairly fresh game in it's infancy (I joined around patch 1.2.5 I think, before villagers) and with a somewhat fresh game and a passion to connect with this new founded world, I dove into EMC. I'll set the scene for my life at this time as it will help you form an image of what teenage samsimx was like. I spent my middle school years (6-8 for those who don't know US grades) in my bedroom sinking hours into Call of Duty on Xbox Live trashtalking people and being a wanna-be-edgelord. (as in correcting grammar, acting high and mighty on the internet and overall coming off pretentious.) Joining EMC at this time in my life is what I think of as my saving grace, it got me out of the Call of Duty phase and into the world of PC games.

If you had the joy of talking to or interacting with 2012-2013 samsimx then I apologize, but we like to pretend that never happened. It's a funny story that I won't share too many details as they are ancient, but there are a few marks on my square profile (bad samsimx) and even a tempban from Mr. Chickeneer (congrats on mod btw) that documents this time of mine on EMC. Although this is a time I'm not proud of it's a time that was necessary for me to progress on EMC and into who I am today. I've seen many young players go through similar things on EMC and some take the direction I did and reform, while some, well... they probably aren't here today reading this :(

So we move past all these marks on my permanent record and fast forward to the release of Minecraft 1.3 time period-ish(?). This was the start to my "rise in fame", and is what really set the groundwork for the player I am today. When 1.3 dropped emeralds and villagers were mindblowing additions to the game, I truly think this update is what made EMC so successful as an economy server and is the reason most people are so wealthy today. For newer players you missed out on one of EMCs best services!! samsimx's villager service!! If anyone actually remembers this service or was someone who purchased a villager off of me, then salute to you. Older players will remember that I was kind of a big deal when it came to villagers :p And this service and another service of mine (a supply co) was what I made my first few million rupees from. To recap who I am as a player: a somewhat reformed, cocky, teenager who thought he was now becoming "the man" on EMC.

Now is when time gets kinda messed up in my head and things blend together... Around the time of the release of the beacon / carrots I remember ragequitting EMC because I was trying to start a wild base and I kept dying in lava loving tons of good stuff, lol. So I calmed down after a few weeks and came back like nothing happened. (I think that's how the story goes..)

We get to a point where I return and want to double down on the time I've invested into EMC! A few hours a day isn't cutting it and it got to the point where I would be planning my day and weekends around my time on this server, completely cutting out unimportant things in my life: eating, sleeping, school, family, all I wanted to do was play EMC!

By the way, don't do that kids, it's not worth it. EMC is amazing, but PLEASE prioritize your life. Sure having a good reputation on an internet community is a great feeling, but being healthy, doing well in school and building good real life relationships are even more important. So time update: we are at the point where I'm on the contribution team and tryharding really hard on EMC. Before I joined the contribution team I had made my name in the community as the kid who was always winning mob arena (after ninjaboy and talukegord of course), the kid who made infinite villagers, and the newbie on mumble.

Mumble played a huge role in keeping me on EMC, the people I met there were so friendly and so accepting to me. (maybe not at first, as I was kind of annoying but everyone came around to like me eventually :p) Shoutout everyone who has ever conversed with me on mumble, especially some people, you know who you are of course.

This very unorganized story takes another veer-off with this snippet. We haven't talked much lately and I know you don't take this kind of stuff very serious, and we laugh a lot at EMC, but we've had so many good laughs over the years, Kev, I just want to give you a shoutout in my post for being one of my only friends on EMC and providing all the laughs over the years.

Here's what our PM is at, it would be A LOT longer but we have had many convos on other platforms too. (league, discord, tons of mumble and the like)

For those who missed out on the days when me and kevdudeman were super active on EMC, I'm sorry. You truly missed great days. If you don't know kev he's hilarous, and together on mumble I think we made quite the comedic duo.

(ninjaboy is pretty cool too but he left us lul)

So back to my story.. the day I got mod is one of the most memorable days of my life. I had put in a few applications prior to my acceptance always wondering why I was never chosen, but when you're ready to be a mod you'll know it. I never realized why I wasn't capable of being mod until I was well into being a moderator, working behind the scenes with wonderful people like Dwight (TheBoulder), Krysyy, and the likes. I still don't know if Krysyy and Maxarias were right when they picked me :rolleyes: but hopefully they don't regret that decision (at least not too much). EMC is just full of so many wonderful people, and I've said it so many times, but this community is truly a masterpiece and I am indebted to all of you.

To somewhat piece together my mess of a story I will throw in more random details that you can align in your head to formulate your own telling of my story :p

Backtracking a bit to before I was a mod.. I was on the contribution team! and the build team! ... and the youtube team! Yes I went SOOO tryhard for all these positions, but I really just wanted to make a name for myself here. I had seen so many great people come through the server and impact me, I wanted to have a similar effect. So I grinded, and grinded, and grinded until I became "well-known". (and high on texp, I was higher than MatthewDa at one point! when he was new :rolleyes:). I met so many people through doing this and made so many connections! So many of you were so happy for me and the congratulations were so motivating to achieve more.

The way I made on EMC was always unconventional as I always wanted to be different or ahead of the money curve. I sold villagers, sold promos (back in the day people collecting promos was still a newish concept), and would BID BOMB auctions then wait to resell later at a higher price ( stole that technique from Faithcaster and the likes lol.) And ninjaboy gave me millions of rupees in promos when he left so that helped too... :p Time update: I was now a goodie moderator with lots of moneyz (now im just a goodie, i got no money)

This story is so hard to tell because there's just so much to cover and so many small details I'd love to add but I could write a novel on these past 5 years. Amazing things like staying up all night on mumble with friends having to try to keep my uncontrollable laughter down to not anger my parents to asking Krysyy for girl advice when I was going through a tough breakup. I have so many fond memories and so many good stories with so many of you. I'm also kind of known for leaving EMC and coming back a few times, but all of those times have reason! And a special, personal thank you to Krysyy for everything - she is a really good role model for so many of us.

I'm going to stop telling my story now because otherwise I'll just keep adding random snippets and drawing this unorganized story on any longer.

THANK GOD THATS OVER!! -you, sometime in 2017 or your life

Now for what you really came here for, I'm sure many of you are going to skip the story and just read this - but you might want to read it as it has something to do with you getting your money!

My last AMA was 2 years ago and is probably completely untrue now, but I know most of you could care less about an AMA or soppy-lovey-feel good connections on the internet so there is an option for you :p

My post was too long so I had to crop it; keep reading for how to enter :p
    AlexC__, cadgamer101, FDNY21 and 15 others like this.
  2. Ways to enter:

1.) Comment a story, screenshot, or share something that you remember me for. It could be something simple like a time I said hi to you or something sentimental that'll make me nostalgic and teary- eyed.

2.) Ask a question. Don't know me too well or lucky enough to have no run-ins with me? Just ask me anything! Maybe we'll hit it off and become friends.

3.) Just say Hi on the thread. If you don't wish to participate in Option 1 or Option 2 that's fine, I like when people say hi :)

Rules:

1.) Please no alts. Please don't make me check y'all, just don't do it!!

2.) If you wish to participate in the sharing or AMA and not the giveaway that's perfectly ok! Just comment saying you wish to have your name withdrawn from the giveaway.

3.) Keep everything EMC friendly - I won't hesitate to delete things that break the rules (of course thats why I make the big bucks) moderators don't make any money it's just a saying

How I'll payout the 5 MILLION RUPEES

Everyone who participates in the giveaway will win money. Woo!! I will divide the 5 million evenly amongst everyone who enters the giveaway. (if 2 people enter they get 2.5 mil, if 50 people enter they each get 100,000, you guys get simple math.)

Thanks for the 5 years EMC and hopefully there's many more laughs and stories to come. :)
  3. Hi!
    Youll always be the king of smp8! sir! #AllHailSamsimx
  4. Thank you for this very generous giveaway. Congratz on 5 years, and here is to many more! :)
  5. Congrats on 5 years :D

uhh, I'm kind of a noob, so....

hi
  6. What's your dream job in life?
  7. Hi! Congrats on 5 years! :)

I've only talked to u once to get your head( I still need that btw :p)

Ok question well 3 1. Dark or Milk Chockate? 2. Which smp is the best? 3. How did u get your name?

Thx for the giveaway and hopefully I get to see you when I reach 6 years! (I'll remember you because of the silly comment I posted in your profile)
  8. I remember walking into some shop you built a few years ago
  9. First off congrats. And if you could have one fictional pet what would it be?
    samsimx, AncientTower, 607 and 2 others like this.
  10. Where did "hail simx" come from?

Congrats on 5 years and thanks for the giveaway!
  11. I remember the chat spam of "all hail" and "hail samsimx" whenever you'd join smp8. My old laptop has quite a few screenshots of you saying hello to me because you were really just that famous :p

Congrats on five years! Did you ever think you'd have enough to celebrate like this and that you'd even get here?
  12. A memorable moment about you, huh? Well... I don't really know you that well, but I'd certainly love to! I've been an SMP7er for 2 years when I started, so there's something we already have in common ;) But given our past is pretty...new, I'd say the most memorable moment in my life in regards to you, sir, is when you joined the mod team in August of last year. I've heard nothing but good things!
    Congrats on 5 Years! I'm only 3 years off...
    I hope to see you around and hopefully add you to my forever growing list of EMC family!
    Also, thanks for the giveaway! If only I were the only one to enter....
    :D
  13. Ello, and congrats on 5 years~! :D And thanks for an awesome giveaway :3
  14. Congratz on 5 years samsimx. Question, what inspired you to become a emc staff?
  15. Congrats on 5 years! Thanks for the giveaway :) I don't have any memories with you unfortunately D; oh wait I know! Remember that one time you had a 5 million rupee giveaway and I commented on it and then you read that comment? Yeah good times...good times.
  16. Hi Samsimx! Thank you for the wonderful read, and congrats! While I've been gone a little, I try to check EMC at least once a day, and this thread sure caught my eye! Well done, with moderating, with life, with everything. Even though I don't really know you, I can tell you are a good, solid, guy and that is exactly what I aspire to be.

While reading your story and the way to enter... I could only think of one thing to submit...

When you bought 4 DC of eggs from me

And when I bought a Diamond Voucher from you in a reverse auction

Thank you for being, well you. Congrats again and good luck in life :)
  17. First off, Hello and nice to meet you. Congrats on 5 years and thank you for doing this giveaway.
  18. Congrats on 5 years! Now for some questions...

-What do you think is the reason EMC has such a great community?
    -Has being a staff member greatly changed your perspective on EMC (Like instead of thinking of yourself as a player, you think of yourself more of someone watching over the players)?
    -What do you think is more important to EMC priorities? Vanilla updates or Custom plugin updates?
    -What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?
    -What is the purpose of death?
    -How do you know you exist in this plane of reality?
    -What would need to happen in order for time to stop?
    -If a Xenomorph and a Deathclaw got into a fight, who would win?
  19. Answering all these questions might take a while! So I'll just say grats, you are such a lovely person to be around :)