[GAME] the up-DATE

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Progryck, Aug 9, 2021.

1. September 5th 6:07.
    Progryck likes this.
  2. September 3 at 11:30
  3. (section) #9: 10th Sept '21 20:30
    Progryck likes this.
  4. First guess....xD sept. 11th 5pm emc time.
    Progryck likes this.
  5. Third guess: 00:00:00, Saturday 11/09/21
    Progryck likes this.
  6. First guess passed.
    Second guess September 10th 6:45pm EMC
    607 and Progryck like this.
  7. Second guess September 15th 3:00am emc time
  8. The message in-game was just changed. Might need to freeze the addition of new guesses.

Lol. I was logging in to guess Monday 9/6 around 4pm but I have missed the window (in good faith, I wont submit that as a real guess)
  9. If guesses are still allowed - 10 September 11 pm
    Progryck likes this.
  10. your previous guess has not passed yet, so I won't add this one to the list yet.

Thanks for notifying me Katy, I'll come check online for any new anouncements. I'll update the thread in a second.
  11. I will allow this as the last guess for now since new update messages have been announced. The way things look now it seems like 607 will win, unless if Aikar and Chikeneer encounter some issues tonight.

So to be clear for everyone:
    This thread is now on hold untill further notice, and no new guesses will be accepted for now.
    Fred_TWK and wafflecoffee like this.
  12. Wow, I was expecting this game to keep going for at least another month. :eek:
    I didn't realise it was so close. :p
    Fred_TWK and Progryck like this.
  13. server down at 01:55 am. EMC
    6th Sept 2021
    607, Merek_Shadower and tamraaa like this.
  14. EMC just went offline to update (6 Sept. 2021, 1:55) meaning we might have a winner.
    Just going to wait for the update to finish before making it official, you never know what might go wrong.

Damn, Katy is even faster than me in my own threads. :p
    Merek_Shadower and KatydidBuild like this.
  15. And there we go, EMC is back online and 1.17 is a fact.

Meaning we have a winner:
    Luckily 607 had not made any new guesses so his 5 Sept was still valid.
    Had the server updated during normal restart hours it could have become a very close match between 607 and Azygos13.

With only a few hours difference,
    the winner of the 1.17 cup is

(@607, you can pick up your prize at my res on SMP7, or leave it to be donated for 1.18 :p )

And with that, I'll put this game on hold untill 1.18 gets announced for EMC.
    I might have to update some rules for next time so feel free to post ideas and feedback in this thread untill then, but no new guesses will be accepted for now.
    I'll update this thread as soon as we start again, thanks for playing and untill then.
  16. I had the thread up in my internet already. Game went down, it was open. Probably typed it at the same time as you. 😜
    Sefl and 607 like this.
  17. Wow! I was playing just for fun, but hey, winning is cool. :D
    Thanks!

I tried to get on to pick up the prize but couldn't. :D Wrong client version. :cool:
  18. I'm surprised how close my first and only guess was to becoming reality! I legit just posted that for a joke, but I'm genuinely surprised how close it was to becoming a reality!! :eek:

Congrats 607 for being the closest~ :)
  19. Good point!
  20. I'm just glad neither Silken_thread nor Sefl won! :rofl: :lmao:
    607, Joy_the_Miner and Sefl like this.