[Forum RPG] Marzena

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Caeyde, Sep 22, 2015.

1. And I have, too >.<
    AliceTheFox and Owl_on_Caffeine like this.
  2. I look around, trying to find somewhere to hide.
  3. I was interupted of my peaceful dreaming, something broke my window and I groggily moved out of my bed. I twisted my hook back on and moved outside with my guard up. I reply "What do you want and why did you need to break my window!"
  4. I notice the look and decide on what I'm going to say for a moment or two. Then, I look at him with a skeptical look. "Okay. I won't ask about it, again, because you patched me up and seem like a good guy. I also won't ask about the girl in the picture. I do have a question, though, that you might not mind answering. How do you survive out here? I mean, you can't be an expert at everything, right?" Without waiting for an answer, I go to tie up Abelard.
    607 likes this.
  5. You find nowhere, apart from the door leading out into the corridor full of footsteps, or a quick route out of the window you entered through.

The man looks fuming, obviously angry and beyond any sort of conversation, "I'm just reminding you it's time for work. Obviously your alarm didn't go off" he fights to keep his voice calm, but he has a tint of venom in his voice, putting you on edge.

"Im not an expert at everything, but Im expert at enough things" he answers simply not knowing you've left the room, giving one last affectionate look at the picture before grabbing a pin and putting it up on the wall. He turns around and sighs, only just noticing your absence. The man perks up again as he hears you with Abelard outside, happy you haven't left.
    607 likes this.
  6. My Grammar Nazi Syndrome is acting up from your lack of apostrophes in I'm. :p

I pull Abelard over to the post and tie him to it. Then, I take a bag of oats from the saddlebags that are surprisingly still on his back and leave it on the ground for him to eat from. I notice the air seems a little chilly so I also drape a warm blanket over him, taking his saddle inside...
    607 likes this.
  7. The one word I always forget, agh! You wouldn't believe I passed English haha

The man stares at the saddle, as if he had never seen one before. His eyes grow distant, as if he is seeing something you couldn't hope of understanding, "Nice saddle" he says simply, sighing and glancing at the drawing again, before his gaze returns to the saddle.
  8. "Um.. thanks" I say as I set it down in a corner. I almost ask about his look but remember that he's sensitive about questions about his past. I walk over to him. "So, about that question I asked you, earlier?"
  9. "What question?" he asks, either confused or not wanting to remember
  10. In his dazed state over the saddle, I think I'll go with confused. "The one about you being able to do everything necessary to survive out here alone."
    AliceTheFox likes this.
  11. "I can do everything" he said simply, "I learn fast" he turned away and grabbed another piece of paper from his pad, obviously not wanting to talk more on the subject
  12. If he grabbed another piece of paper from his pad, what is he writing on? :/ Why doesn't he just grab the whole pad?

Ignoring that he obviously doesn't want to talk any more, I ask, "Would you teach me?" I tell him about what happened with the elf at the armory since he seemed like he was going to sit down for a while, anyway. "I'm sure some of your skills would have helped there. Speaking of which, I still haven't gotten or made arrows. How about a walk?"
  13. I stand my ground. I back against a wall near the window, ready for when someone comes down the corridor.
    AliceTheFox likes this.
  14. Character Name: Gnoman the Gnome
    Character Personality (Optional): Arrogant, not quite sane (I'm not quite sure about the not quite sane part, I need to see how the character plays out)
    Character Appearance (Picture or words): A short Gnome-like human (since Gnome isn't a race)Think a halfling from LOTR and you are pretty much there.
    Race: Human (since Gnome isn't a race)
    Class: Sorcerer (functionally the same as a wizard, I just originally created this character as a sorcerer and would like it to continue to be called such, even though for the purposes of this game it has no statistical advantages)
    Class weapon (if many options are available): Staff (called "Gnoman's Staff of Gnomish Power" by all, or at least all that matter) The staff contains a spell called "Gnoman's Running Away Spell" which fires a weak bolt of lightning at a target (it is for making the target run away, it cant do any permanent damage, but if you want a better reason for it to make enemies run away then just say it triggers fear nerve sensors in the brain)
    Starting Place/Spawn Area: Wherever you want Gnoman to be (I didn't read all of the posts, but it seemed like you were trying to form a party of characters at one point, so this should help if that is what you want)
    Current Residence: Gnoman is always on Gnoman's land (this sounds a lot better if you say it out loud, and says a lot about the idea that this character is centered around)
    Red will be my in character text. White will be my out of character text. Please don't feel pressured to add a gnome/halfling/moogle/yordle/whatever-other-small-humanoid-you-can-think-of-that-isn't-dwarven race. Also, I'm not sure how much I'll be playing this character, I only played princebee's game for about one or two weeks before losing interest, so just though that would be a good thing to mention. Also, my RPG's tend to turn into big jokes (I've been runnig some PFRPG games) so just be ready for things like a cookie of infinityness (don't ask). It won't be anything op, just for humor. Also if my starting spell is to good, give it a longer cooldown and make the fear effect not last as long (it currently can be used to chase off a group of about 5 or so, and the fear will last until they are gone, giving Gnoman enough time to hide). If you have any questions, ask. This is a character concept that I've been planning for a while, but haven't ever gotten to play.
    Edit: I just realized, I forgot to mention his obsession. All gnomes have an obsession (even if this isn't technically a gnome, its part of personality) I haven't decided what Gnoman's obsession is.
    607 and AliceTheFox like this.
  15. An armed guard, covered in iron armour, bursts through the door. You can see more behind, but the biggest one in the guard standing in front. He carries no weapon, but even through the flat polished armour, you can see that the only weapon he needs are his powerful hands....

Very well written, I have to say

You stand in a group of women near the bakery in Erith. The girls fussed over you, commenting on your size and your magic. They had heard about your magic, as most people had.
    607 likes this.
  16. Gnoman acts flustered and looks for a nearby alley to run down as well as locates the closest edible item to him in the bakery.
    Gnoman puts himself first, the world second. In other words, if there is something he wants, he will take it. Also, he isn't good at social interaction. He also speaks and thinks about himself in third person.
  17. "Take another step," I say, "and my blood won't be the only one's you'll have to clean." I say, pressing the knife against the woman's neck.
  18. "Already that time?" I said to myself. I got my trench coat and started to walk with the man.
  19. One of the girls reaches for your staff as you look at the bread in the bakery window.
  20. Sorry for double post, pressed post reply too early

The guard stopped dead, "Hey, we don't have to choose this route. Calm down, lower your weapon, and we can solve this quickly and easily"

He glared at you as he lead you, well, dragged you to work. His hand was firmly around your wrist. He held tight, obviously intending to cause some pain.... You reached the harbour quickly with your boss' fast pace pulling you along. He pushed you forwards, almost knocking you into the fishing nets and boxes, "Get some work done, Sparrow"
    607 likes this.