Forum Mobile View!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Jan 23, 2016.

1. The ad shows up on the emc logo on my android phone.
  2. Ad is supposed to be hidden...
    I got to tired to do more going to bed, will do more tomorrow.

Thanks nlt I've been trying to figure out why it's there only on some pages though.

I must of missed a width somewhere
  3. No problem Aikar.

The reason the ad is on the logo is because the ad shows up when in landscape mode, but when you go back into portrait mode, the ad will not be removed, and you will have to reload the page in portrait mode to make it dissapear.
  4. Also, welcome to our new Community Manager, Krvsvv :p

5. Your ad placement skills are horrible.

Plus, I'm a supporter.
    Tigerstar and Jinkers like this.
  6. Still waiting on that Desktop Mode button. And if you aren't going to add it, at least respect "desktop mode" requests from browsers. Hitting "Request desktop mode" on Chrome is currently 100% ignored by the site and it still feeds you the broken version.
  7. Agreed.
    Jinkers and xHaro_Der like this.
  8. Same on safari
    Jinkers and xHaro_Der like this.
  9. Try going to your profile page on mobile... you can't see any of your profile page posts ;.;
    I also can't find where to click "Rupees" and everything that was originally on the right side of the page on my iphone.
  10. The rupees are on the bottom
    And for the profile. It also doesnt work for me. Unoess im horizontal
  11. This is less mobile-friendly!
    >blames Aikar for attempting innovation<
    >.>!
    NathanRP, Tuqueque, Jinkers and 2 others like this.
  12. I cant upload a screenshot, but the profile posts are impossible to read. :/
  13. For me the ad that appears on the top makes the screen half black because the add id larger than the website
  14. I honestly like the old site better, it was much easier to navigate....
    Jinkers and Dr_Chocolate14 like this.
  15. Thanks for moving forward and working to make the mobile site so much better. I'm understanding that's it's not right at the moment because of the bugs to be worked out.. there usually is with anything like this. I applaud you for bringing us forward and improving along the way. It's a small inconvenience compared to what it can and will be. Woot!! =]
  16. Ok, major improvements have been launched...

The menu is now a -as expected- hamburger icon. Pretty happy with how that came out. Search is inside of that.

signatures are hidden as requested, and improvements to keep it from showing the black bar on right is done.

And to solve the issue with unfinished pages like profiles, its only being applied to pages we know things (should) be ok...

So, home page, index, forum lists, threads, PM's, wiki, my empire.

ill try to get the opt out in a few days, but hopefully at this point you wont need to use it.

Please report any still pending quirks/display issues. (im about to fix the how to upload images thing...)
    607 and UltiPig like this.
  17. Looks fantastic!
  18. I'm not reading all this but if I turn my phone sideways it fixes everything everyone on the first page is complaint about.

Kbai
    607 and UltiPig like this.
  19. Nice! Thank you!!!
    UltiPig likes this.