[Forum Game] New Nations 2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by synth_apparition, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Didn't you sign a treaty saying you wouldn't do exactly that?
    SEPTHEKID likes this.
  2. Which agreement? I checked all the agreements I have recorded: http://nfell2009.uk/nn2/agreements and none are signed by the USSR.
    607 and SEPTHEKID like this.
  3. CCM has finished the prior project of genetic alterations of crops.
    CCM begins a top secret project on the subject of potatoes. (4 posts)
    SEPTHEKID likes this.
  4. Funds CCM $500,000 for the top secret testing (Reduces 1 turn)
    SEPTHEKID likes this.
  5. Weren't GM crops invented in the 80s?
    nfell2009 and SEPTHEKID like this.
  6. NES officially adopts Greece as a member state and Turkey as a satellite state.

NES troops have surrounded Germany and cut it off from the rest of the USSR. All the major rail stations in Germany have been captured. So far, very few civilian deaths.

NES builds a naval base in Greece. (8 turns)
    SEPTHEKID likes this.
  7. But I already own Turkey, do you have some sort of prior claim to it?
    SEPTHEKID likes this.
  8. Well, I'm fairly certain it would have been possible to research that beforehand. It's more of that we lacked an immediate need for any such thing at the time so nobody wasted time doing it.
    SEPTHEKID likes this.
  9. I am sorry, I was referring to nfell's maps. Oh well. Sorry about that.
    SEPTHEKID likes this.
  10. No, I declare war.

Just kidding, it's no trouble.
    boozle628 and SEPTHEKID like this.
  11. We had technology for a lot of things but they weren't done. This still isn't allowed. You will need to wait until 1978 at the earliest before creating this.
    SEPTHEKID likes this.
  12. -says the person who made a space laser-
    Also, if I might add, you commented 8 times between the assignment of the task and completion of the task from my posts. You made no mention to it during any of that time.
  13. I went back on mine. You can go back on yours.
    SEPTHEKID likes this.
  14. I could. But unlike the laser situation, where lasers weren't utilized or invented until after the time it was to be completed, never mind the difference between a laser pointer and laser capable of doing damage from space, you basically stated that the technology was available, even though it was not utilized.
    SEPTHEKID likes this.
  15. I'm Co-Game Master, and I am saying you're not allowed GM crops. You're far too early. I don't care what I have done.
    SEPTHEKID likes this.
  16. I don't believe your point is valid, Co-Game Master or not. You stated earlier that we had technology for a lot of things and didn't do them in OUR history;
    Just because we didn't do them in the real world doesn't mean we can't do what we want now, that is the point of this game and lehmaqr's idea is in more reason than any other. =P
  17. We DO NOT, let me repeat, DO NOT, have the technology, knowledge and resources to make GM food. There is a still a realistic element of this game and game time has not caught up to real time. He is NOT allowed to make GM foods until 1978. When people wanted to go to space this rule was followed and it will be followed now.
    SEPTHEKID likes this.
  18. We discovered that plants can cross DNA (basically what GMOs are) in 1946, we just didn't implement it until 1983. The technology was clearly there, we just didn't use it.

Just my opinion.
    607 and SEPTHEKID like this.
  19. France and Brazil are already taken =P
    SEPTHEKID likes this.
  20. Lol it didnt see that
    SEPTHEKID likes this.