[FORUM GAME] EMC Text Adventure: The Adventure Update

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by 607, Jul 20, 2020.

?

Have you played Minecraft before or during its Adventure Update? (Beta 1.8, Beta 1.9 pre, 1.0)

Yes. 8 vote(s) 57.1%
No. 6 vote(s) 42.9%
  1. Walk east
    4thofJurhy and 607 like this.
  2. Walk west
    StringerFam05, 4thofJurhy and 607 like this.
  3. Walk west
    BennyLikesBagels and 607 like this.
  4. Code:
    You take a stroll in the plain. Nice temperature!
    Code:
    You enter a savanna. It is quite flat!
    Code:
    You make your way through the savanna.
    Code:
    You walked into a zombie, and died. You are back at spawn. Your inventory is empty.
  5. Code:
    walk north
    StringerFam05, 607 and 4thofJurhy like this.
  6. Walk east
    607, luckycordel and 4thofJurhy like this.
  7. Forget the game, I'm going to become rich by starting an ingame steak empire

Also, another clarification question, if you sprint and the first square is undiscovered, do both squares get revealed or just the second?
    Similarly, if there's a resource, blockade, or something that kills you in the first square, do you gain that resource/stop before the blockade/die before you reach the second square?

Sprint west
    607 and luckycordel like this.
  8. EDIT Please look at 607's Post Below!!!
    I think both are revealed.
    If you die you lose all inventory and your food bar starts back at 10
    If you run into a zombie in the first square when your sprinting, and don't have a weapon you die.
    If there is a blockade like a mountain, and don't have a pic you stop there.
    If it a tree in the first square on your way to your second square you will stop at the tree
    607 likes this.
  9. Thanks for your ideas, but not all of these are true. :p I thought all answers would be covered by my clarifications, but maybe they are not quite clear. I will first quote the part in the OP that was supposed to make this clear, then give a general answer and then reply to luckycordel's examples. :)
    If you use RUN or WALK, you will receive feedback on exactly one square, except when you run into a non-killing blockade on the second block.
    True. In this case the feedback you get will reveal that the Zombie was in the first square you touched. You will not get to know what might be in the square behind the Zombie, as you haven't reached it.
    True. There are two possibilities here: either the blockade is in the first block you would reach, in that case the feedback will tell you that you attempted to run but found [whatever you ran into] in your way and you are still where you were, or the blockade is in the second block you would reach, in which case you will receive double feedback: the feedback will tell you that you attempted to run, but after reaching a [whatever block was the first block] you ran into [whatever you ran into] and you are on that first block.
    This one might be a bit confusing now, but it should be clear once it actually happens. :p If not, feel free to ask again.
    This is untrue. You can in fact run over a tree, as a tree is not an obstacle but a resource. Same thing for cows and chickens. If this happens you will not get to know that you passed over the tree, and will not mine it (unless you actually end on that square on a later move).
    If this seems counterintuitive, imagine it like this: if a tree or animal is in your way you run past it without noticing it because you're going so fast. If a Zombie is in your way it kills you while you're running past it, and if a non-killing obstacle is in your way you are simply stopped in your tracks. A wall of stone is an obstacle, but a tree is not as you can simply run past it.

I hope it's clear now. :)

PS: It could happen that someone armed with a sword runs past a zombie. In that case they will not get to know they passed over a zombie square. This one is not intuitive at all (it's a result of the deliberate simplicity of the game mechanics), so I thought I'd point it out. :p
    4thofJurhy, CarFryer and luckycordel like this.
  10. Thank you for clearing that up, 607.:D
    I actually like the fact you would run passed trees and animals not knowing their there.
    Would that be the same for the chest?
    607 likes this.
  11. I suppose so, yes! In the world map for the last game that wouldn't have been possible, though. ;) And I honestly can't remember off the top of my head whether it is in this world... but if I could, I wouldn't tell you, of course. ;)
    4thofJurhy, CarFryer and luckycordel like this.
  12. Lol Fair Enough!:D
  13. WALK WEST

(nope I definitely am not a bit late, and definitely didn't forget it a bunch of times, and definitely didn't send 607 an actual SMS last night because I remembered it again after the internet here cut off... :rolleyes: :p)
    luckycordel and 607 like this.
  14. To my surprise, the text message did not wake me up! Maybe because I changed the ringtone to something a bit less... alerting, last year. :p
    The update will be in the evening, probably, as I'm occupied now. ;) (see my status)
  15. It's so fun to see this unfold, I missed this game! :D

Code:
    You found a nice fat cow and killed it. You now have 1 steak.
    Code:
    You enter a savanna. It is quite flat!
    Code:
    You ran to the west, but did not get anywhere. You have located the western world border!
    Code:
    You found a river, and drown. You are back at spawn. Your inventory is empty.
    Code:
    You ran to the west, but you might as well have walked. You have located the western world border! You are in a savanna.
    Code:
    You make your way through the savanna.
    Two notes: Firstly, Benny and Rhy have both lost 2 food bars, even though they didn't travel the usual running distance. Secondly: "SPRINT" is not one of the commands. :p But I'll be flexible and interpret it as if you said "RUN". ;)
  16. Walk south
    607, 4thofJurhy and luckycordel like this.
  17. Code:
    Walk West
    607 and 4thofJurhy like this.