Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Dec 8, 2013.

1. It should work, but it has to be in the spawn chunks, right?
    Isn't that a big risk of griefing?
  2. Stew, you should know this. A month is nowhere near enough for some farms.
  3. If I remember correctly, that's more of a seed issue...Your downloaded world doesn't have the same seed as the SMPserver you downloaded.
    MrUnknownian likes this.
  4. It's not. The root problem is not fixable, and I do most of these updates in easy to maintain ways.

Our spawn system is already really customized and I rarely ever have to touch that code.

I'm going to make a seperate thread for witches ... but its pretty much gonna be Swamp Biomes with wood nearby, don't see much more option than that there
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  5. Coming soom to EMC 1.7: The all new witch trees!
    607, jkjkjk182, mba2012 and 1 other person like this.
  6. The hermitcraft server is a vanilla 1.7, not the custom environment that we have, so any of the changes we have on EMC could break it. Plus it needs to be in spawn chunks, which does not mean the wild outposts, finding the spawn chunks here on EMC could be quite tricky. It's also worth noting that the predecessor to this, the iron trench was also broken as to my knowledge. Although, this could completely work, and there's only one way to find out, so I wish you luck :)
    Bro_im_infinite likes this.
  7. I don't think anyone has tried that yet. I know People tried the Iron Trench that didn't work; but he says that this one works different. Feeds items into a Nether Portal.

At about 3:40 He mentions that it must be built at the spawn chunks of your world.

I doubt it would work on our server; but someone can feel free to try :p Will stick with my 36 cell.
  8. yeah i missed the spawn chunk sentence lol
  9. Wood Planks then :)
  10. Well yes and no.

Yes, the mechanics will work on 1.7 EMC

No, that iron farm design relies on the chunks always remaining loaded. If they unload, and reload, the villagers will combine.
  11. That's a good point.. I hope I'm wrong lol, I just thought that the witch hut would still function the same.
  12. So I presume witch huts and fortresses are broken now?
    When can we expect a fix to be rolled out?
  13. The simplest answer is soon, it's assured that this is the next big thing that Aikar is working on, so it won't be very long.
    mba2012 likes this.
  14. Now a couple of questions. Since witch huts are broken. And really have no way of being 100% fixed. What if i found a newly generated witch hut. Would it work the same as a normal one?
  15. Skywarp84 confirmed that newly generated ones do not work:
    http://empireminecraft.com/threads/empire-minecraft-1-7-2-update.33415/page-3#post-641447

I think Aikar plans to fix them by allowing Witches to spawn on Wooden blocks, hopefully including Slabs.
  16. What happeneds with the witch huts? May we manually request our witch huts be fixed? I have a witch farm and it will not work with just wood nearby, as it is made out of stone slabs.
  17. I think Aikar's planned fix is to have them spawn on wooden blocks in swamps (most likely planks).
    Therefore, simply replace the floors with planks.
  18. I know this is not what you want to hear. But you will need to just be patient for Aikar to get to the step of fixing them; when we will be able to give you a more exact answer
    jkjkjk182 and mba2012 like this.
  19. I think you're forgetting about another mob exclusive to nether fortresses, blaze. Is there a plan to make them use a similar spawning system to the wither skeletons?

*Note: 'Blaze' is plural to blaze.
    mba2012 likes this.
  20. Blazes will indeed spawn alongside the wither skeletons in the solution Aikar comes up with ;)