Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Dec 8, 2013.

1. I agree with neon here, if people just make a giant pad of the netherbrick in frontier/wastelands then people could get 3 skulls in no less then 10-20 min. Not only that, but someone could create a large netherbrick lining around wasteland spawns and almost prevent some player from being able to enter nether.
  2. Iron farms have little to no risk or danger involved besides fall damage. Wither Skeleton farms are possibly one of the most dangerous farms for someone who isn't an expert in building them. Those who are experts will already have built one, and likely only a few brave soles who aren't experts will go out and decide that it is their day to build one. Prices will not drastically drop due to this change because there will barely be an new sellers. Beacon prices will fall, but the only reason that contributes to that is that beacons are generally a one time purchase. They are not a consumable, someone buys one, places it, and bam, they are done. Its called supply and demand. By doing what you are doing now, which is farming wither heads at the same rates or even increased rates compared to the past, is the factor contributing to the fall in prices of beacons. The only reason I mention this is that there is no doubt that someone in the future will blame these changes on fallen prices.

Your comparison is completely invalid. Would you compare hamburger sales to exotic car sales? If you would, then economics is not your strong point. Your use of the term "bias" is also invalid, as you are only presenting your argument from the viewpoint of a producer/seller. You cannot accuse others of being biased, then completely contradict yourself by becoming what you previously were condemning.
    mba2012, cddm95ace and darkvilla like this.
  3. Your Welcome

Furthermore, do you have an alternative solution? Just because they will only spawn on NetherBrick Blocks, the spawn rates will be comparable to the rates of a current fortress. People already have slabbed up areas around fortresses to create Wither Skeleton spawning pads.
    marine4121 and cddm95ace like this.
  4. My wither pad is slabbed with upside down stone slabs, still spawns mobs, and it's also above lava, so that leaves me with wasting not only a whole bunch of stone slabs, but also the time I had the time I made it and the new time I'll have to take farming netherbrick/netherrack to make the new netherbrick slabs.
  5. I was just wondering if it would affect it at all ANYWAYS we are talking about wither skeletons...
  6. Must a reilliterate post #97? -_-
  7. To add to this beacon/skull prices are stable only cause wither spawning is messed up as is from previous patches.
    I had a wither/gold farm that now only spawns pig men... I had got a lot of skulls from that farm and now i'm lucky if I see more than a few withers through out the entire fort.
  8. It seems that all farms on smp3 died for some reason.
  9. the long and short of it is yall. that without some kind of change in the code withers skellies arent going to spawn at all anywhere. farm or not. this new code will keep that creature in the game.

i thought i remember there being a new nether biome....perhaps one of the fixes we can do is in that new biome hike up spawn rates for wither skellies. just an idea
  10. @Aikar:
    I see you want to workaround the problem with code. To release 1.7 soon, this might be the way to go. Yet I don't like it because it's too much customization.

I recommend that you soon later fix the real problem. The more you change things in EMC compared to vanilla, the more difficult will future updates become. It was once the constitution of EMC to have only lightweight custom code and keep things as vanilla as possible.
    NetherWorld666 likes this.
  11. The problem here is that vanilla is breaking and will not working. Thats why we need to make a new spawning system. EMC is still very close to vanilla, the only changes are good changes that make the EMC experience better.
  12. well you cant rlly keep the wild vanilla if you are continuing to use old seeds.wild would have to reset completely for normal spawning behaviors to continue
  13. Wouldnt it be ideal to give players a month to tear out their previous farms in the nether, and then completely update the nether to the 1.7 generation? It would make things work right?
  14. Aikar, or anyone else who knows, will newly generated 1.7+ witch huts spawn witches as intended in vanilla or do witch huts now become scenery?

I think the wither skeleton spawning on netherbrick is the best solution to nether fortresses being broken.

Player with current witch farms should get the same spawn rate as in 1.6 but not all their spawns will be witches. Every witch farm I have seen uses a drop to kill witches, this will kill any spawned mob (except endermen).
  15. i dont think you can just reset the nether due to there being seed bugs with nether portals. also alot of people have complex rail systems down there and stuff
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  16. Actually what breaks on my farm is the shifting floor itself, and in the world I downloaded no witches even spawned. I'm sure it will be different on here but not by too much.
  17. will this work in 1.7?
  18. Yes it dose, mumbo has one on the hermitcraft server which is 1.7
  19. Enraged mobs survive the drop. Which I've learned from painful experience.
    Pab10S likes this.
  20. well i meant sould it work on emc, but i dont see why it would work on another bukkit server and not here.
    yeah i always close off my collection area and hide in a glass bubble just in case. when 1.6 broke seeds for like a day all that spawned in there was enraged and witches and it got pretty broken (they didnt despawn either)