Explain Your Username!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Impulsive_Egg, Dec 21, 2017.

1. mine is pretty boring tbh
    (I haven't logged out of minecraft and logged back in so if I still show up as YaBoiLottie, the explanation is: it was a dead meme and so I decided ehh why not)
    i was in grade/year 4 when i heard some boys talking about their minecraft or something like that

and i had no friends (i'd just moved over to australia and bc it was a snobby school and my mum wasn't yet employed i didnt get invited to anything and nobody hung out with me bc my parents didnt have any form of fancy job titles or whatever. gr8 times)

and i told my dad about the minecraft thing and he made an account called feathers1664 (now my second alt)
    then my sister and i started doing multiplayer but we needed another account
    so dad was just like 'hey charlotte i'll just name it after you' and his usual number, of his old favourite beers- (Don't take this the wrong way. My dad is in no way an alcoholic, he just uses this number when making account names etc)

which is coincidentally the day that i came out of hospital for the first time
    16/6/4
    just fate i guess

also i remember this being a forum game and my explanation back then was 'o ye i was the 1664th lottie clone' or something like that
    if you dont cringe at your younger self i dont know who you are
  2. Mirikashizumochichiku.
    i mean I love anime and all but
  3. Haha. Yeah it's just something for fun I don't think it's real. I just happened to like the one part of the name and used it.
    607 likes this.
  4. My username is a character that i made when i was like 10 name ToxxicCoon. Still use him today sometimes.
  5. Well. My name is completely random. Although I do like to think of it as this:

Super
    talented
    ninja
    yak,
    with
    incredibly
    terrible, (and)
    nervous
    extraterrestrial
    superhero
    skills
  6. added SDuck1D, Thomas_Sanders and 4567FarmersMkt to my list
  7. ok ok my turn!!

The first bit is easy, its the color White (like this text)
    The second bit is a little more difficult "Trash" is one of those words that its all about the context "my trash" "your trash" "all that stuff over there is trash" "one mans trash is another's... i dont know this one. stuff that he puts in the garage and never uses but always thinks wow if only i had a 5/32 metric lock nut that (thing) would be perfectly good and i could be like hey guys look what i got out of the trash!" ok well yeah now you know what that bit of my name means.
    The last bit! dna well they say its what makes us us but "they" dont know what "they" are talking about. its a map to where the aliens live we just dont know how to read.

Well thats me :)
  8. Oooo I love Origin Stories!!!

For mine, I've always had some form of the word cat in my username: cat, kitten, kitteh, kitty, doomstalker, etc.

Eh, it used to be more upbeat, but then real life happened (as it often does), a closely-knit friendship exploded and scattered people to the four corners of the world, Death stole my best friend, a bunch of other awful things happened, and I became .... jaded ...

It stuck, and while life has certainly improved of late, I don't feel the need yet to change it.
  9. Can I "love" this post? Why isn't "love" an option?!?
  10. Lol
    JadedKitteh likes this.
  11. I should add my alt...

HopeWarrior because of how oft there's a fight to just hold on, and the anchor is always hope. :p (but then again, it was the only name available that I liked)
    JadedKitteh, 607 and MoreMoople like this.
  12. I'll explain my (banned) main account's name and this account's name.

synth_apparition, my main account, was named that on January 1st, 2017, minutes after the clock struck twelve in Great Britain. I had grown tired of my old name, SoulPunisher, which had been attached to the account since December 28th, 2010. It was a song lyric from the The 1975 song 'She's American', specifically "synthetic apparitions of not being lonely". That lyric really resonated with me and my personal meaning for it was basically that I spent a lot of time on my phone, involved with internet friends and communities, because I lacked connection with many people in real life. I chose it because of that, and within a year, that was suddenly untrue and I'm now hardly ever not talking to people or attending a social event.

Now skip forward a year later. The account is banned, with static fading in over its signature and static on a television screen as its profile picture. Suddenly, I return some months later on my alt account, with the name 'altpunisher' and 'SoulPunisher' written in big neon letters in the signature. The reason being is because I was about to switch my name back on January 1st, 2018 on my main account, but I was banned three days before I could do so. AltPunisher is simply a play on the 'Soul' part of the original name.

So what does SoulPunisher even mean, you're probably not asking - it's an alternate name for the stardust breaker move in Dragon Ball Z, which I loved as a kid and especially when I was ten. That's it. Somewhere along the way it came to be associated, at least here, with me and it hit me just days after I changed names that I appreciated that and wanted to change it back. So here we are. Maybe I'll get the original account unbanned and reinstate the name someday, which I haven't attempted yet because I don't think I've redeemed myself for what the ban was for, but for now... we're here.
  13. I have no idea why I have an obsession over skeletons lol.

It all started in Minecraft PE. When I was like 12, a bunch of my friends and I would play MC together and build houses. I just wanted a unique skin and liked bow wars with skeleton mobs. A few days later, I made my own skin after the ender-skelly skins online were really ugly. All my friends loved my new skin.
    As for the magic part, I wrote a fan fiction about myself, but eventually scrapped the story. Well, endermen teleport- I guess that's magic? ;)
    I had to use the number 1 because EnderMagic was taken. :mad: Underscores look strange in usernames. And I didn't want to use 0 either.
    All three combined would equal my current username today.
  14. My username is pretty boring so I'm going to explain my old username and my nickname, 'Chewsy' (the story is actually extremely stupid)
    When I was about 9 or so I really liked hamsters. I thought to myself... "If I want to make a youtube channel, what should I call it? Well I really like my hamsters....what do hamsters do? Oh of course! They chew things...let's just add a Y on there because why not"
  15. I’m a volunteer firefighter in Kansas, 80% of the fires we have are grass fires on the prairie. Prairie fire was also a code for a recon team at risk of being overrun in Vietnam, so it was a ‘drop everything and help’ kind of situation, much like grass fires with volunteers working it.
  16. Okay so anybody who's spoken to me at length on any subject will know I have a slight obsession with fairies, but I prefer the Old English way of spelling it, which is faery, which is where that comes from. AND until recently I actually did not know Valeria was an actual name, I just chose one of my favorite flowers (valerian) and took off the n to make it sound more like a name and bam Faery_Valeria, which I use on multiple different platforms

A few weeks ago I was subbing at a high school and one of the girls in class had the name Valeria and I was shook
  17. 'Subbing'?
  18. Sounds like she is a substitute teacher. Americans and their need to simplify words down to the bare bones. :cool:
  19. I'll stick with just my main accounts current and original name to keep this post short xD

I got Minecraft in august-ish of 2014 after seeing my sister playing on a fun server. Also in that summer I got the newest Pokemon game (Pokemon x and y) and I fell in love with the grass starter "Chespin". 7 is also my favored number and thus I named my account ChespinLover77! ^-^

#NoRegerts
  20. Username: willies952002
    Pronounced as "willie s 95 2002"

willie - From my childhood nickname of "Willy Wonka"
    s - Last initial
    95 - As in 1995, the year I was born.
    2002 - The year I first got the name "willies952002"