Explain Your Username!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Impulsive_Egg, Dec 21, 2017.

1. MajorHaze: Major is a kick butt first name and Haze because it rhymes with Blaze. MajorBlaze was taken as a username when I created my account.
  2. I'll do my alts too for the fun of it. (I apologize in advance for the rambling of my mains. >~>)

KikuDusk is something I use for just about everything, I've had it since around 2009, maybe even a year or so before then. I started getting into anime and manga in 7th grade with my friend and we found this thing that supposedly you use to figure out your Japanese name. (This is basically what we used https://i.imgur.com/anwsMWr.jpg)

Mine came out as 'Katokiku'. I took the second half of it and started using it as my characters name that I technically based off myself and a bit more of how I wish I was/looked. My character Kiku is actually a vampire rather than part fox. I've had a love for foxes and vampires for around the same amount of time I've liked anime, probably a bit longer.

Dusk, is her last name. This originally wasn't her last name. When my friend and I first found that 'Japanese name' thing and made our characters based off ourselves we also made them related and gave them the same last name. For a couple of years it was Houndchi. But after a big fight between us in high school and stopped being friends for a year before making up I ended up changing the name in that time we didn't talk. After some searching I settled with Dusk thinking it went well together.

She also has a middle name but I don't really put that in my username. Her full name is Kiku Arisa Dusk. The Japanese don't have middle names but Kiku isn't even Japanese. She has a whole background story as well as a current and future thought up in my head. I'll stop here cause I feel like I'm just rambling about my character at this point. xD

(On a quick side note. The username is KikuDawn till I can change it back because I was bored one night and changed all my account names. Kiku and Floof to the opposite and Raven's was a joke one of my friends says sometimes.)
    LunarFloof, or at the moment known as SolarFloof, is much quicker to explain than my mains.

Floof is something I found years ago and it more often than not being aimed at foxes is how I found the word. I find it to be an interesting word. Rather than saying fluffy or fuzzy its floofy. I've said it so much over the years that in my usual group of friends on EMC it's become my nickname. Sometimes also called 'Floofles' as well.

As for the Lunar part. I have a love for the night time and I love looking up and seeing the moon. So go figure I love the word Lunar and used it in this username. So basically it's a combination of two things I love. Foxes and the moon.

Quick note. Originally it was 'LunarFox' but with the whole Floof nickname I changed it and never went back cause not only is it my nickname but also I think it sounds better.
    RavenNightshayde, currently the joke name 'RavenLampshayde' brought to you by Robobozo. Will also be quicker than my mains to explain.

So this one is also from a while back but not as far back as my main username. This was thought up around 2011-2012. I have this online friend I see as a sister. And as how I love foxes, she loves wolves. We would talk about said animals or werewolves and vampires often. We decided to come up with some different names from what we usually used.

I've always loved the name Raven for as long as I can remember. So I used that as the first part of the name.

Nightshayde I got after searching for interesting last names or something along those lines. Rather than the usual 'shade' I used a different way of spelling it for it to be more unique.
  3. It's my nickname irl. So I used it.
  4. I used to play tons of flash games, particularly on ArmorGames. One I particularly was good at/enjoyed was Neon Rider World, back in good old 2010, when I was 10/11.

I thought the whole "neon" thing was dope. I named my first ArmorGames account "neonworld", as well as my first Roblox account. Even my first email handle was "neontechnician". Eventually I needed an alternate account, and I wanted something edgier, so I went with "neonkillah". I considered "neonkiller", but it sounded like some kind of dystopian, southern-accented mercenary.

Now I generally use WoolHat, WolfHat, or Pale for my handles. my instagram is stonedhousewife12 follow me, ay
  5. Awesomeshepherd is basically something my ridiculous eleven year old mind came up with. When I was 9, my neighbor got a new dog, which I thought was a rabbit at the time because it was so small and in a crate, and it was German Shepherd. Ever since then I developed this love, *cough* obsession, with German Shepherds. I always used to look out at the dog, since the owners left it in the backyard except when it was raining or sleeping (it stayed in a crate, yes I know, cruel). I used to stand on this half sized ladder thing behind my fence to look at it as well. One time, the dog (called Jack), broke the clasp on the fence, and sprinted out of the backyard. He's a very friendly dog, and was practically harmless, but he jumped up on his hind legs to jump on you out of affection, so he could have easily knocked me down or something, so my mom brought me inside (after screaming). Fast forward to when I was eleven, and convinced my dad to get me minecraft, I came up with this ridiculous name that floats around on top of my head. I pretty much had my mind set on having "shepherd" in my name, but it couldn't just be that, so I thought of the one word that came to my mind to describe German Shepherds to stick in front of the word. Yes, I was that person who constantly described things as "awesome," but what can you say, I was eleven and had the maturity of a 7 year old (i still have the maturity of a 7 year old). Im 15 now, and I found it to be stupid at one point last year, and was thinking of changing it, but I could never bring myself to do it, as I grew fondly attached to the name... then I got an alt.
    Look, Im rambling, before someone dies from reading this absolutely ridiculous story, imma stop typing (but I cant bring myself to... exhibition A, the "P.S" note)

P.S: So many people have said said "You're a girl?!" And I find it absolutely hilarious.
  6. Very exiting ;-;
  7. I'm cardman142. The card comes from the st. louis cardinals, the man comes from... idk, and the 142 comes from something personal.
    JadedKitteh and MoreMoople like this.
  8. Most confuse my name to Schizophrenia. Well, that is not the case, a comment was made that my name was in fact insensitive to those that suffer from that disorder. (Let me say, I watched this disease consume my grandpa, I would never use it as a pun towards that).

I got the name Skitz in Real life. I was a waitress, and training other servers at the time. We had this one girl who always showed up late, complained, whined, and just woe to the world. She showed up 4 hours late for a shift, mind you I was their boss, and I literally Skitzed out about it. Meaning, they had never seen the "angry business" side of me. So all the girls there just started calling me Skitz. I added the ie to give it a ring so no one would forget it! <3
  9. Taters are amazing lol <3
    Smooshed_Potato likes this.
  10. Okay, I have had 2 names on emc and I will explain the honestly boring and uninteresting stories about each.
    Bip13(my old one)-some people in my family call me that and I was 13 at the time.
    Ace_15(my current one)-It popped into my head while I was doing my work, and that's about it.
    JadedKitteh and MoreMoople like this.
  11. Can't believe I missed this thread up until now :confused:

I'm an IT geek and I really enjoy the technical side of the whole thing. Which includes messing about with operating systems (the thing which makes your computer work so to speak). Although I don't really play favorites (I enjoy working with Windows just as much as I enjoy working with Unix) it is fair to say that my favorite operating system of all time is Unix. In specific: Sun Solaris, which was the very first Unix environment I became familiar with. Unfortunately that project is all but dead, but lucky enough for me I found a solid replacement.

Unix is basically a so called commandline operating system. Somewhat comparable to DOS back in the days only far more sophisticated. Although a true Unix environment is pretty hard to find these days a very good Unix-like operating system which shares the same mindset would be this:

Code:
    unicron:/usr/local/etc $ ssh breve
    Last login: Fri Feb 2 21:35:31 2018 from unicron.intranet.lan
    FreeBSD 10.3-RELEASE-p24 (BREVE) #0 r326084: Wed Nov 22 08:27:17 CET 2017

Welcome to FreeBSD!

The story you are about to hear is true.
    Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent.

breve:/home/peter $

(just sharing to give you guys a rough impression)

Unlike DOS which basically had 1 commandline (command.com) Unix actually knows several. A commandline in Unix is often referred to as a shell:
    Code:
    breve:/home/peter $ echo $0
    -ksh
    breve:/home/peter $ apropos ksh
    ksh(1) - Public domain Korn shell
    pammasksharpen(1) - Sharpen an image via an unsharp mask synopsis
    DateTime::Locale::ksh(3) - Locale data examples for the Colognian (ksh) locale
    DateTime::Locale::ksh_DE(3) - Locale data examples for the Colognian Germany (ksh-DE) locale

Here I've established that the shell I'm using here is called ksh, which stands for Korn shell. There are much more. By default BSD relies on sh, sometimes also referred to as the bourne shell. Then there's the C shell which is normally only used by the root user (root is basically the system administrator) and you even have others. Linux for example heavily relies on bash, which is the bourne-again shell.

Heck, even Windows got its share of this:

This is honestly one of the best admin tools available for Windows!

I'm a pretty die-hard commandline user. Also because I'm a pretty quick typist so it's pretty easy for me to issue commands which the computer should perform.

Code:
    unicron:/usr/ports/games/minecraft-client $ make run-depends-list | sed -e 's/\/usr\/ports\///g'
    audio/openal-soft
    games/lwjgl
    java/openjdk8

Here I requested that the system would list all required software to run Minecraft. Then I send the output of that command ("make") to 'sed' which is a Unix program. Sed is a so called stream editor which can edit text output "on the fly". I basically told it to replace '/usr/ports' with nothing (so basically to delete it).

Summing up

I'm a devoted commandline user and I favor Unix environments, aka shells. As such I am a shell user. I simply decided to glue the two together.

I'm also active on several Internet fora and I have a rather good standing on all of them. Because of that I decided to join the two parts together and emphasize a bit on that which I like to think I'm the total opposite of.

As such: ShelLuser.
  12. I didn't read this thread at first, because I thought we had had it before... but then I saw Harp4Christ had posted on it, and I saw other people had also posted stories I didn't know yet. :) So I'll try to remember to read the rest later!

I really like your username too!! Also, it's funny that 'harp' is apparently also a verb... I didn't know, that's nice. :p
  13. First name was BlackKnight1021 for 2 reasons. Black was my favorite color, and my high school's mascot was a knight. I also was super into Monty Python.

Didn't like the numbers, wanted to get rid of them, "BlackKnight" was available for a while after the name changes became available, but I hesitated and lost my chance. By this time people on SMP8 had followed the lead of UltiPig (then called Ultimamaxx) and started calling me "BK" for short, and then "Burger King" for long because they got bored of "BK". Was considering changing my name to "BurgerKing" since I wanted to keep the initials "BK" that everyone had come to know me as, but it didn't feel right. Realized I wanted to keep the "Knight" part of my name, and I became "BurgerKnight". Defender of burgers and high priest of SMP8, adviser to the great and powerful Jarl Luckygreenbird. It also happens to work out that burgers are my favorite foodstuffs.

There was also my brief "KnightyNight" phase, but we don't talk about that.
  14. ctjx

c = crazy
    tj = middle name
    x = there was no ctj so I took ctjx!!

my dad set the name crazytj100 for me way back when.
  15. Woah! That's the first time I read a story from someone who has had their username for longer than I! :eek: With the exception of people with usernames like Jake_bagby and TomvanWijnen, I guess... :p
    It's a beautiful name!
    Oh wow, I don't think I'd have figured out that origin of ESSELEM... :p

PokeMastar? ;)
    Ooh! That's cool to know! I do like your current name. :)

So you might also have used your username since before your 6th? :eek: (MoreMoople, not just Moremoo)

I have always loved your name, especially in combination with the picture. <3

That's a great story. :p I assume it was romanticised, but is it based on a single story, or made up from multiple instances?

I'm quite certain that thing is just as nonsensical as Facebook posts of that kind usually are. :p But I guess you'll know, by now.

I guess I'm biased because I saw your profile picture, but I don't know why people would suppose otherwise. :p

That's cruel. I hope we'll forget.
    And I wish this game wouldn't be spread through the internet... although I guess without the internet, it might not ever have spread to the US. But that I wouldn't mind... but it might also not have spread far enough into the Netherlands... and that would be a shame.

I have now read this thread... it was a nice experience. :) But it took over half an hour... :rolleyes:
  16. added pineapplepizza43 to my list of names
    JadedKitteh and q1zx like this.
  17. xGGirlx is short for xGallifreyanGirlx.

"Gallifreyan" because I'm a huge Doctor Who fan. "Girl" because I'm a girl. I also use this username for my Youtube channel and that is how the X's on the ends came to be. It was the only version of the name not taken on Youtube.
  18. So apparently I never posted last year, and 2 of my buddies have, so...
    Mine's pretty straightforward.

Sadie, my nickname- no one calls me by my real name, anyway. Sadie is also the name of my first dog, and one that I got shortly after losing the first one (the latter is laying by my side as we speak).
    Dog... well it should be clear, eh?

I wanted somethin "Sadie" and I didn't want numbers. I remember thinkin about Sadie_the_warrior but to me that doesn't have a ring to it. Maybe one day I'll see if Warrior_Sadie is around, maybe.

Speaking of "warrior" there's another name if you look me up on whatever that site is.. Final_Warrior.
    There was a month on the server before the server I played on before I played here, where the mods were... a bit power hungry. So the owner came to me in a private conversation, said "Hey I saw you had a mod app, and that you changed your mind.. would you mind covering as an alt of me for a month?" Cause, well, we acted a lot alike. Her name was then Cake_Warrior (i'm certain that it no longer is), and it was the final try for the server, or the server would be shut down.
    Long story short the server shut down within a week.
    But I loved the name, because it fit me well.. I derped me English there... because I feel as a warrior, and several friends call me such as well. And if you haven't noticed, I like to slap whoever calls me Sadie_dog cause the other half is oft just a placeholder. So i stuck around on the server before this server as Final_Warrior, and everyone called me Warrior.
    Until Sadie_dog was available again and I took it back.
  19. ' Big Kev' was a true Aussie icon. And since my name is Kevin, it was just right.