Explain Your Username!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Impulsive_Egg, Dec 21, 2017.

1. THE BOULDER FEELS CONFLICTED ON FIGHTING A LITTLE GIRL
  2. hey its my man moon, how you been?
    luckycordel and MajorHaze like this.
  3. My name actally is really old, I didn't change since I have bought it, wich was in bèta 1.5 (I beleve).
    Annyway, First of all, the 68 comes from me being random... But, it has some sort of a meaning to me: I have always loved maths, and it actually has a few really interesting properties, But mainly, it equals 2^2+2^2^2*2^2 which I also really quite like.
    And then the "Jelle" part, I have heard some really interesting theories where it comes from on voice chat, but it actually is just my front name... Yeah, I was joung and not really that creative.
    JadedKitteh, 607 and MajorHaze like this.
  4. I do plenty of writing and you know what language is interesting? Icelandic. So my name is Icelandic for writing, which is Ritun. I simply added an extra N.
  5. I'm a writer too!
    (also bumping because I wanna hear more username origin stories!)
    JadedKitteh, MajorHaze and Ritunn like this.
  6. Rofl Sydney, we still need a MediumMoople!
    Origin of my name:
    When I was 3 years old, I got a cat named "Orlando" after the actor Orlando Bloom (he plays legolas in The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings). I thought that his original name started with an "M" and somehow got "Moremoo" from that. Over the years, it has gained many variations, but after I became "MoreMoople" it stuck.
    Some variations/nicknames that I have are:
    Moop
    moops
    Moopz
    Moopsy
    Moopsie
    Mop
    MoopleDoople
    MooplePoople
    I use the name "MoreMoople" in multiple other places, including (if I remember right):
    Amazing world
    Poptropica
    Discord
    Moshi Monsters
    And soooo many other things that I honestly can't remember, because I've used this name my whole life and some of the things I've used it for haven't existed for years. =)
  7. When I first installed Minecraft PC over the summer of 2017, I looked up popular names for a minecraft users and a lot of people have "derp" in their names so I decided that it was time for me to be creative and make a sandwich.

Show your work:
    Derp (Hi, nice to meet you) + Duckie *QUACK*= Derp_duckie
    I'm a very educated individual you shall not judge me thank you very much.

8. Froon (or Frooner) is a nickname i've had since I was a kid.
  9. I wanted something original, something no one thought about (I must be wrong Minecraft being played every where), so I just add 2 more "a"s to my name + my favorite number at the end I think it looks cool written but i always was embarrassed about how you say it.
  10. My full name is my username...
  11. new year bump
    MajorHaze likes this.
  12. Added my alt's current name, ComeTo5688, to my first post.
    MajorHaze and Impulsive_Egg like this.
  13. I'll give this a shot. :)

So, the origin for SunnyStorm7 is not too interesting, but I was making an MC account for the first time, and my mom suggested "SunnyStorm" but it was taken so I added the 7, completing the alliteration in my name.

The origin of the name I use for a lot more of my accounts is a little more interesting. So, a long time ago, I wanted to make Youtube videos, even though I knew I wouldn't be popular, but I had to think of a name. I thought about it for a long time, and even bounced ideas off of friends, but I had no luck, till I decided on "SunnyStorm" (because this is after I made my MC account), but there was a problem... I didn't check to see if the name would be taken. So one day I was called out like a famous person on a server, but the person left before I could ask what that was about... Then it hit me. I checked Youtube and looked up my name, and sure enough, it was taken. (It probably wasn't the reason they called me out, but that was my immediate thought)
    A few days later (Or so IDK how much time actually passed) I was doodling in my sketchbook, and I randomly asked my friend what to draw, and she said, "A Bat holding a baseball bat." I didn't think much of it at the time, but when it came to choosing a name for Youtube I remembered the "Bat Holding A Bat" and the name stuck ever since.

If you're wondering why my name is still SunnyStorm7 despite most of my stuff being Bat Holding A Bat, it's because I asked some of my friends on EMC if I should change it and they liked SunnyStorm7 better.
  14. So I have two usernames. LBoss9001 and DoubleCakes9001

LBoss came from a inside joke with me and a friend in 6th grade. We played New Super Mario bros. on the DS a lot.Player 2 was always Luigi, and you know, 6th grade. Memes were bad. So we said Like a Boss a lot. I starting yelling "LIKE A LUIGI BOSS!" Everytime we played. So that's what LBoss means. The 9001 was the Over 9000 meme.

DoubleCakes9001 came from another inside joke from a old minecraft server I played on.
    The Double part was half of the user name of that friend who no longer talks to me (just hasn't had social media stuff). His name was DoubleGlasses. The Cakes part was a old password a friend used. His password was BCakes1234. I added Double to BCakes and got DoubleCakes. The 9001 part was the same reason as LBoss, the over 9000 joke.
  15. So my old username (Commander_ES) was an offshoot of my brother's username.. I got Minecraft when I was ten, I really wasn't that creative... but I finally had an idea and went off of it the day after the 1.8 name changes. (And actually, JesusPower2 and Faithcaster inspired it)

Unfortunately, shortly after choosing Harp4Christ, I learned that "harp" can be a verb, meaning "to talk or write persistently and tediously on a particular topic." THIS IS NOT WHAT MY NAME MEANS. I actually play the harp and I love Christ.. and so I play the harp for Christ.

Harp4Christ has been my name on a lot of games, actually.. after that I wasn't really all that creative. I might change it some time in the somewhat nearish future, I dunno... but I love this name.
  16. My name is David but everyone calls me Davie (except my mum) and I am Big.
    Funny thing I work nightshift but on dayshift in my role there is another Davie who is quite larger than most people but not near my size. He is called Big Davie by the dayshift workers as he is the largest Davie they know. Once in a blue moon I will need to cover a dayshift. The confusion I cause by answering to Big Davie. Even better on the phone as they don't realise I am the biggest Davie,
    -Hi, warehouse here
    -Can I speak to big davie
    -speaking
    -No, BIG davie
    -Yeah that's me
    -No the big guy from the warehouse
    -I am the biggest guy here and my name is Davie, you must want wee Davie
    -No he it's BIG B-I-G Davie I want
    -That's me
    <snip, this goes on for a bit>
    -That's it I am coming down to set you right
    -Cool you can't miss me, I am the big Davie.

Cue them turning up seeing their Davie and complain about someone claiming to be bigger than him as I silently walk up behind them then clear my throat. After they jump 6 foot back I ask if it was them who was going to set me right. Only for them to make their excuses and leave.
  17. I had a teddy bear called rocky when I was 7-8 years old and that is when I started playing video games and my first name is Sachin so together it was 'Sachrock' and its stuck ever since xP
  18. The ship! Sachin and rocky! (This message is a joke only and wasn't made to hurt anyone)
    MajorHaze likes this.
  19. Ethy - A mix of my real name.
    202 - Birth year minus a single number. (It’s a 0)