Explain Your Username!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Impulsive_Egg, Dec 21, 2017.

1. My username is TSharpe21us. It is my name and from my first email address from back in 1998.

My alts name is SnazzyCarrot which is an anagram of my kids and my wife’s name
    FadedMartian and MoreMoople like this.
  2. Well see mine is a little more serious lol..

I have old friendships that have Faded away with time and therefore I am left by myself like a Martian...

I liek my name :3
  3. Are you ever gonna explain your former name, Dwight?

Have you messed around with Kali Linux before?
  4. I'm an IRL magical girl. Ask my friends, they'll confirm it.
  5. Ok but anyway, you probably want to know where my username came from. A long time ago, before YouTube belonged to google, I was figuring out how to internet. Thankfully my wise and internet savy older sister came to the rescue, where she helped me create a email address and YouTube account so I could observe and study the vast internet (it sounds a lot smarter than it actually is). My email username, as suggested by my sister should be 2 words unique enough to distinguish myself, and because I like animals and mythical creatures Phoenix it is. Affinity was just randomly tacked on after surfing dictionary.com.

If you really want to know why for a period of time I was called SansTheTimeLord, lemme give you the abridged story.
    1. I was feeling “dead” inside
    2. Undertale
    3. Skeletin007
    4. Time Lord sounded great
  6. Woops, yes I'm a substitute teacher. Everybody here calls them subs, I guess I just assumed that was common everywhere!
    607, PhoenixAffinity and MoreMoople like this.
  7. i only ever really used two names so i'll just put these here

i'm really not sure how my brain came up with this one
    it sorta just happened because i was out of ideas

this one could technically have a bunch of stems i don't know about, but the actual reason is that i needed a name to blend all of my video game accounts together, and because i had just started Town of Salem and my favorite NK (neutral killer) role was Arsonist, i just took Arson and changed the S to a K. boom.

The XT comes from yet another game series called Tanki. the highest rarity skin you can get is XT.

*waits for cringe*
  8. Alright, time for some spoilers. I have a wonderful name changes under my belt and people who don't know me well enough this will catch you up to speed.

Start of Minecraft beta:
    I never played before and an old friend of mine in 7th grade (mind you that was 8 years ago) introduced me to this new game. It didn't look special to me and I did note that the graphics were terrible and green armless dudes were surrounding my dirt and glass hut. I played a lot of single player before I moved onto multiplayer with some local friends of mine and was hooked then and there. Never had I experienced a game that was so addictive and fun for hours on end. I was the little brat which would sneak up to my computer at night to play this game. I finally got tired of using my friend account and then I got my own.

Now this wasn't my first name of choice... My friend who lent his account to me had the credit card to get me hooked up on the game. He picked the name and couldn't change it so I was stuck with this name until the name change. The history of when I got the account relates to my time here on EMC, about the 8th grade I played on EMC with JustinGuy and the gang. I played while I was volunteering to stay after school to do study work and help my teacher. I remember Malicaii12 and Fynriel the most when I think back. They were the first two people who came and did mining adventures and great mining bases back when we didn't have a Wasteland or Frontier worlds. The last few memories were when I was a building a shop when I didn't like the 15-day derelict timer. I retired by February 2012. I returned back in 2013 but didn't want to commit going back then. 2015 is when I returned fully. Some still know me as clan23 but I still say I am not for the above reason. The rant of my life right there.

Name Change era:
    These names happened when the name change happened. Something with my initials, yet fresh. Not my finest hour picking these. EMC didn't switch over the names just yet because of "Aikar time". I had time to change to the next name which I kept for a while. Beleive it or not, there are heads out there which I call "The first generation" with these names. They have a Foxy head which was the base of my FoxyRavenger Skin. Only a few have these and they are previous or current friends, some may be floating out there. Did a lot of pvp when I joined back.

This name stuck around, I have chosen this because there was a new hip game called Five Nights at Freddy's and I wanted to be cool and had fun playing the games... So with a couple of name generations. FoxyRavenger was my new name. I played around with the Foxy name but I kept FoxyRavenger as my permanent name. I was very mischevious then and people who know me personally, know that the name was fitting a bit too well. I still have the occasional someone who likes to call me Foxy but it's not my preferred name. My bans really took a toll on me and after which seemed like forever got me thinking of a new name. I was brought back, I kept this name for a while but the thought of "starting fresh" like I had with my Foxy name was still around. It took about 3 months after returning to get off this name. Keeping the name that long made a clear chance of others to know who I was before the change. Other reasons followed that delay but weren't related.

Now this is my new name after thinking about it for about a half of a year. I like this name a lot. It is a bit contradicting due to the fact Conduits don't Conduct electricity. Or a Conductor being a Conduit but you get the idea. I choose it on the fact of my current job as an Electric Linesman Apprentence and my love of the Railroad industry. Again with the help of a name generator, this was picked out of the many. It also pushed me to actually do something different and be a different person in general... Which is nice.

If you read through all the spoilers, congrats. I don't have a cookie for you... Sorry about that. I didn't include the alts because I didn't think they were that important to my main name. Another time probably where I can explain them.
    607 and MoreMoople like this.
  9. Well, I was given the account wolffpack58. When the name change came, I took numbers out and went with ItsMeWolffpack. A little less kid like, I guess.
    607, MoreMoople and ConductorConduit like this.
  10. Before Otus_NigRum I was actually named "Huntergamer113"

I was about 9 when I came up with the name, so of course it's going to be cringy.
    Hunter just sounded like a cool name, and I thought it would make me looked badass and strong... yep...
    gamer was because... you know...
    and 113 was I assume random, although I do believe i really liked how that number sounded. Anyway, I already said this, but ill say it again
    Otus_Nigrum is just a bunch of owl names put together, because back when i changed my name, in 2016 i believe i had an owl obsession, so why not incorporate it into my name right?

With further research, I actually found out that my username was actually not a bunch of owl names put together like i thought, but was actually the "Negros Scops Owl" or better known as "Otus Nigro Rum"
    https://www.owlpages.com/owls/species.php?s=784
    PhoenixAffinity, Noebadi, 607 and 4 others like this.
  11. I updated mine slightly but I'll revamp my list in the morning once I get access to a computer.
    Noebadi and MoreMoople like this.
  12. My name came from a Guild Wars player. We were playing on a typical slow Saturday morning, and only he and I were on. After awhile someone came on in the guild and said, Anybody here? And he said, no, nobody. I razzed him about it pretty well, like I was a nobody. So I became NoeBadi, a spiritualist type character.
    Impulsive_Egg, MoreMoople and 607 like this.
  13. The reasoning behind my name is quite simple. Life is Strange is one of my favorite games ever. I love Chloe Price, one of the characters in the game, so I decided to go with ChloePr1ce as my username since ChloePrice was taken.
    MoreMoople likes this.
  14. did you sacrifice chloe or arcadia bay first time around? I sacrificed arcadia bay cause i wasnt about to let all my hard work go to waste
    ChloePr1ce likes this.
  15. bae > bay : how could someone even consider sacrificing Chloe??
    Impulsive_Egg likes this.
  16. Okay mine is a little complicated so I'm going to make this simple. My name is Faith and I was born in 2002. BOOM!:cool:
  17. that was too long to read so i just stopped reading it, ill read it later
  18. I saw your name before when I entered it into my competition, and I didn't even consider the possibility of 2002 being your year of birth. ._.
  19. I put together a bunch of random letters to make my name :p

My alt's name, "Serimeo," has the same number of vowels and consonants.
    607 likes this.
  20. Sazukemono likes this.