[APRIL FOOL] SMP8 Independence - Spring/Summer 2017

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Hashhog, Apr 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMP8 is breaking away from EMC.

As of March 16th, our community voted by a slim margin for SMP8 to become its own independent server. Please click this link for the original polling thread.

Update: APRIL FOOL!
    Much thanks to BigDavie for organizing this prank and putting together the "exit poll" used to legitimize it; fantastic idea on his part.
    And thanks to Lucky for taking the bullet and having himself temporarily demoted to lead the SMP8'ers. :rolleyes:

After much discussion among the staff team and the administrators, it has been decided that over time we at EMC have supported community innovation, desire, and togetherness, and believe that to deny the wishes fairly expressed by our players would be to simply cause trouble down the road.

As such, we are granting SMP8's request to become independent.

This change will take effect on July 8th. Please thoroughly read this thread so that you can prepare for the large transition which will begin immediately.

Thank you. If you have any more questions, do not hesitate to ask. SMP8 will always hold a special place in our hearts, but the people have spoken, and it is time to say good-bye. We know this is very sudden for all of you, but we truly believe that this is the best path to take, for EMC and SMP8 alike.
  2. Will have to ask for a demotion so I can lead my beloved Smp8.
    This event is sad but necessary for the growth and development of the server as a whole.
  3. hope so not like I play anyways
  4. Independence! Finally!!! No more criticizing our marriages, losers.
  5. April Fools
  6. Woah
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. Staff is quick woah
  8. what the freaking heck. All my stuff, i wont be able to move.
    You know what, i quit. This totally stinks!
    I dont know why you have to do this, but its really disappointing, i never thought a great server like this would have this to happen.

And there's no sense in moving my stuff, it's probably going to happen to another server too. This is a corrupt idea.
  9. Hate to see any of you go, but if it is in your best interest, then so be it. I wish you all well and all the best of luck.

Your friendly neighborhood builder on smp 7,

cuberagment.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. I have to say, this is the most ridiculous thing that has happened in the almost 3 years I have been on EMC. It has caused massive problems within the staff team itself, and will certainly cause issues with the players as well. I was against this from the start and still am.....

(note* my feelings are my own, and I will not suppress them this time, this is just nonsense)
    Stnywitness, Kdrama, cam7051 and 19 others like this.
  11. Cleaned up your post a bit. Please remember to stay polite, as these are family-friendly forums.

As we said, the goal of this is to keep everyone happy, and we've made sure the process takes a ton of time so that everything (and I mean everything!) can be transferred off SMP8 if you don't want to be a part of the separate 8-land. We're here to help you at every step in this process. It'll be a week before we even advise beginning moves! You and everyone else will have plenty of time to take this slow.

Besides, you call the idea corrupt, but if people like Lucky are going to be leading it, I think it'll give us all a nice show, hm? I'll be grabbing popcorn.
  12. when were u was smp8 was kill?

i was sat on res making farm when bird make chat

"smp8 is kill"

"no"
    Equinox_Boss and Luckygreenbird like this.
  13. [stands on the shore, waves to smp8 as it floats away]
  14. You know what hash, i really dont care what i say on here. Go ahead and punish me or whatever but this completely [redacted]. yeah. Dude, you knew this would cause trouble and cause you to lose users. Why would you do this? It's really ridiculous. Toade is right. You really need to think this another time before you edit my [redacted] message.
  15. I would also like to officially announce that starting April 8th, the Empire Events team will no longer be hosting events on SMP8. Due to us being the “Empire” Events team, we have no obligation to host events on SMP8. In addition, starting April 8th SMP8 member’s events will no longer be placed on the Empire Events calendar, and any SMP8 member’s events that are currently on the calendar to be hosted after April 8th will be removed. Lastly, on June 8th any SMP8 members will not be eligible for prizes won at Empire events. Due to you not being able to use our rupees, access the vaults or mail system, nor use our tokens, our prizes would be meaningless for you, and a waste. Thank you for your understanding, and have a great break-away.
  16. See, this is freaking corrupt.
  17. This raises a few questions. Everything on someone's res on that smp will be transferred to the new server right? Can you get the res change if it's a second or fourth res and you're not a supporter now? So, this is basically EMC, but on a smaller scale with slightly different currency?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  18. Nice one hashy poo, this year i can see right through you sneaky staffers <3
    Slvr, oremia, Nickblockmaster and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.