[APRIL FOOL] SMP8 Independence - Spring/Summer 2017

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Hashhog, Apr 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corruption makes the world go round. Losing SMP8 will benefit the Empire and SMP8ire independently. Yes, you will lose much including your sanity, but it is for the better of everyone else. Think of the children.
  2. A reminder:
    This was a clean vote, as shown in BigDavie's thread, and indeed we must abide by the consequences of said vote. In times like these it is important that we support–rather than attack–one another.
  3. This can't be real, it's from Hashhog and not in orange.
  4. I want to let everyone know how real this is: The original plan was to release this yesterday, before April 1st, because we knew people wouldn't believe it otherwise. However, due to a lot of pushback and heated discussion amongst staff, those against this independence managed to postpone the announcement to April 1st. Their hope was to confuse people enough that they would believe this to be a prank and not take it seriously, and force the change to be postponed again, and brought to a revote. They figured if people thought of the idea as a "ridiculous April Fools Joke," then this would not be able to move forward.

However, I can say that as a leader of an Empire team, that we are preparing to move forward with these changes. The Events team is on schedule to fall in line with these changes when the time comes. I have been preparing for this change for the past few days, and no matter what craziness some staff may try to pull, this change is moving forward, whether people like it or not!

SMP8-less now and forevermore!
  5. when can I start raiding people residences and looting their hard earned stuff?
  6. Never on EMC, whenever on Rust, and likely as soon as somebody on the new SMP8 server announces that the only form of government to be had is "anarchy."
    TomvanWijnen, khixan, Dufne and 3 others like this.
  7. Finally. The stench of non-smp8'ers was becoming unbearable, always trying to come on our territory and barter their knock-off goods.
    Slvr, khixan, SirCue and 4 others like this.
  8. Good one, happy April fools joke.
    Zrugite and Echelon815 like this.
  9. Hate to be "that guy" but, does anyone really enjoy April Fools pranks?

Considering this is the first day of Autism Awareness month, I feel compelled to point out that there are countless people (many of whom are on the spectrum) who either don't enjoy pranks or don't understand the nuance behind them.

To many autistic people, jokes are no different than lies.

So even if smp8 really is separating from EMC, please take note of an important fact about autism.

And see my profile page for more autism facts throughout the month of April.

You may even see some in other months. I'm a lifelong autism awareness warrior.

Acceptance is everything.
  10. some of the people in this thread

i for one, after many years on this server am finally glad to see smp8 gone. it's just an ugly number.
  11. When we focus on one thing, we lose sight of the big picture.

I could be said (and is true for many people) that treating someone different can have negative effects as well. I know several people who are on the autism spectrum who want to be treated no differently than anyone else, even if it means their life is a bit harder. Who do we prioritize?
  12. I really don't understand this. Hoping this is just a bad April Fool's joke. I mean, really? Will there just be a gap between Smp7 and Smp9? Will Smp9 becomes Smp8 then?

That, and for everyone who put all the work into the Frontier, all their hard work is gone if they don't move with the server.What about those who can't afford moving their town residences? Reduced or not, it's not like the price will drop 90%. Moving residences is expensive and not everyone can afford it.

If this is in fact real and not a joke (which I still am hoping is cause it...sorry, but it is...a stupid idea) I am glad I did not set up my outpost on Smp8 like I originally thought of doing. Shame though because I did join a new outpost there and now pretty much have to leave right after I just joined.

Again, sorry, but if this is a joke, it's a bit in poor taste in my opinion.
    Echelon815, Gartanno, Icestra and 2 others like this.
  13. So, shortly after BK signs in, then.
  14. ...I'm getting mixed signals here this is a joke right?
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  15. At least we have the SHIELD aircraft carrier to protect smp8 from invaders and from people who arent happy. I actually want this
    Sachrock likes this.
  16. I thought the same way, and furiously messaged Krysyy. I was relieved to hear that they ran multiple scenarios, and they only allowed it after finding absolutely zero situations where this doesn't benefit everyone involved. All these people complaining are actually paid protesters from SMP9, so keep that in mind.
  17. Hopefully nobody hijacks the SHIELD aircraft carrier though. Otherwise that might make protecting smp8 a little difficult. On a side note, it might be time to do some spring cleaning on my bunker. It totally has nothing to do with the future anarchy and chaos on smp8 when it goes fully independent. Nothing to do with that at all. >_>
  18. As a commomeration of how much Aikar has helped mantain smp8 i would like to suggest a smp8 only trophy remarking the creation of smp8 with EMC, but is time to let us go.

Also! Great news for us smp8ians now we will have a clean forum without that pesky trash that auctions things with rupees(who even knows what are rupees?!) also it means that smp8 and smp9 will detach from each other server wise, which means less lag!!!!! YAY
    Slvr and khixan like this.
  19. I do! I've been officially diagnosed with PDD-NOS and self-diagnosed with Asperger's, and it's my favourite holiday of the year! :)

Anyway: I'm really proud of the post I apparently wrote in the voting thread, the wording is amazing. :D
    Slvr, khixan, Tuqueque and 1 other person like this.
  20. On the bright side, fresh wilderness means I can finally establish my sovereign domain, the Democratic People's Republic of Kephrastan.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.