[EULA] Mojang Supporter Changes Discussion

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Gibabyte, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. There's loopholes. Are they pretty? No. Do they exist? Very much so.

• Reserved slot, I believe is possible. You just claim the server activates a whitelist when it hits 60 players, and that supporters are on that whitelist.
    • Utopia would be safe, but would probably become whitelist only
    • Allow stuff like "more res slots" for supporters to be redeemed on Utopia, since it would be whitelisted. These "vouchers" could be vaulted over to the other servers. Technically no rules have been breached.
    There's ways around this. They're all just a huge pain. Just gotta hope Mojang learn some common sense.
    Already there
    battmeghs, PandasEatRamen and ISMOOCH like this.
  2. This happens all the time with Runescape private servers.. Private servers altogether are illegal, but all the large ones without an (excessively expensive) contract have a TOS before you can access their site from a fresh IP that says you aren't from Jagex Ltd.
    Gap542 likes this.
  3. Of course this does not mean EMC is exempt from Mojang policies. There are loop-holes around the loop-holes.
  4. Just stay 1.7.9 forever if it causes a real problem on the furtherance of the Empire - some of the more recent updates have just been a pain in the a**e. This is just a moneymaking concept for mojang - they're getting too big for their boots (as per usual - money, money, money.......)
    SoulPunisher and PandasEatRamen like this.
  5. In brighter news...

Who feels like playing on Minecraft Realms, the most popular service out there with me!?!?! :D

Oh wait... Realms is like the Google+ of Minecraft.
    t6ler, battmeghs, penfoldex and 11 others like this.
  6. I can't even
  7. awe xD Google + has feelings too xD (said noone ever)
    battmeghs and PandasEatRamen like this.
  8. Just a little bit of an update, as I was pursuing through the stuff this morning.

To Aikar, first of all, yeah they are targeting 'pay2win' but the definition of pay2win somehow changed to pay2different. Like I said everywhere in here and you have said as well, this is just Grumm, hardly a definite thing, but its not something that should be ignored. You say TNT is the only thing you are worried about, but I'm telling you that IF Grumm means what he said.... everything goes. It would seem that the original pastebin with the skype information has been moved/removed, but things like colored names, custom items, in game currency, this were all mentioned as being constitutions as 'pay2win' or EULA breaches.

Aikar, I'm not saying any of this is for certain, but I am assuring you that this stuff WAS said. Grumm's statement was 'Donations should be just that, nothing in return', and he meant it. Yeah, it may all blow over and be empty threats. Doesnt mean it will and it is. I'm just saying it is smart to think about...not just say 'Mojang would be stupid if they did that' and 'I know we are ok'. Mojang CAN be stupid. They have done stupid things in the past.
    MrUnknownian, PenguinDJ, 607 and 5 others like this.
  9. Course not, but if it really poses a problem, filtering traffic to deny Mojang affiliates is a method.. Might not last forever but it buys time to figure something else out.
    pyro_vampiress likes this.
  10. *runs off crying to his realm*
    (don't hate me pls ;_; )
    battmeghs, penfoldex, mba2012 and 5 others like this.
  11. Also some botting sites have such screen before allowing you in. I've heard of cases that Jagex has hired the owner/main Devs from the botting companies in order to cripple them same as the private servers
  12. Supporter for life :D
  13. My feeling is: All of us who play Minecraft whether on multiplayer servers or as individuals have (presumably) paid for the game and thus should have the complete (whether altered or not) usage of that game as we wish. A condition that was either openly or covertly agreed was that we should not give access to the (basis) of the game free of charge (to Mojang) to others (FULL STOP).

For Mojang to then announce that this is a breach of purchase contract is then itself a breach of contract.
  14. Question. Would buying a colored name and such on the Whitelisted Utopia be a breach?
  15. Your name color, based on the assumption that "paid name colouring is prohibited by the EULA" could not be set by supporter level, but rather by buying the colour in-game using rupees.

Bare in mind that everything said is 100% worst case scenario. Just sometimes it's best to be prepared for the worst, since in reality, it's very possible that it could happen.
  16. Hmm... I have a couple things to say about this myself. You can't have people directly donate for perks; but you could in theory "Reward" your donors for donating. There will always be loopholes in everything.
  17. All praise Mod Jacmob, the designer of the most complicated anti-macro and cheating detector in any modern game.
    Gap542 likes this.
  18. No. Not really.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.