[EULA] Mojang Supporter Changes Discussion

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Gibabyte, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think the best thing we can do is remain content until they make an official statement. If everyone rants and causes a huge fuss they are more likely to react in negative way to all this. Make our complaints known and let them have they're say, then we will see what happens.
    battmeghs, 607, Olaf_C and 3 others like this.
  2. wait i didnt say that....
  3. Because the whole game is boring and it isn't fun anymore :p I prefer modded stuff but lately I haven't been able to find anything for single player or multiplayer. Multiplayer is usually just 10 year olds downloading Bukkit plugins and pasting them together to get what they want. I want custom-coded stuff I can't find anywhere but in EMC and the server we're admins on :p
    If Mojang stick to what they say they care about, they won't walk away and they'll fix the things players have problems with. But over the past 3 years, they haven't stuck to anything at all and have changed Minecraft beyond recognition and just continue to attempt to suck money out of it by making crappy ports to consoles and mobile devices.
  4. Most of it is just plugins pasted together, except for the few lines of code I've written :p
  5. It's a big deal; but I think people are making a bigger fuss about it than necessary. I can almost guarantee that in addition to the policy changes they would be sending written notice (maybe email) informing server admins that they are breaching the agreement. Before suing
    Furthermore Aikar had made a great point that until Monash makes a complete full statement on the subject, no reason to take these twitter conversations or of context and attempt to generalize this from those.

As for EMC, I know Aikar will at some point contact Mojang to verify we are in the clear. Even though I joked about staying in 1.7.9. 1.8 brings a lot of possibilities to be used on the empire. #EngagedChickens
  6. What about the 100 lines I did? :oops:
    mba2012 likes this.
  7. Oh, yeah. That's in there somewhere, hardly being used :p
  8. u wot m8 take this to pm m8 were derailin the thread laaa m8 come ed
    607 likes this.
  9. is this really the place to have this conversation? >.>
    penfoldex and PandasEatRamen like this.
  10. :p
  11. Yet they are doing nothing to stop the pathetic copies of Minecraft on the Play Store and most likely the App Store too.
  12. Well... We haven't posted any server names... Yet....

#EnragedBunnies ?
  13. And also Bukkit/Spigot.

They have done absolutely nothing to stop those even though they're entirely illegal. Infact they even employed Bukkit's developers. I don't see how making money, modding things, and colouring in usernames is illegal.
    Ark_Warrior1 and mba2012 like this.
  14. I will have to disagree with this statement. Specifically "entirely illegal". That is a bold and incorrect statement.
    PandasEatRamen and mba2012 like this.
  15. Maybe not entirely illegal, but Mojang have stated that the distribution of Minecraft thingies (dunno what they're called anymore, i've been...'distancing' myself from the game as much as I can the past few months :p) is illegal. But Bukkit have been doing it for around 4-5 years now and Mojang have never even gave them so much as a warning.
  16. Bukkit it isn't exactly a distribution of it. It simply extends the Minecraft server files.
  17. From what I understand (your posts not being one of them) I doubt they would disagree with Bukkit/Spigot because A. Bukkit says NOT to charge money for the plugins. You do not go to their website and pay in order to use the plugin you want. B. I have read from a bunch of people on Reddit and whatnot that Grum was hired FROM Bukkit, to specifically work on ModApi.
  18. The easy fix for this issue is to add into the EULA of our own site that Mojang or anyone working for or partnered with Mojang cannot access the site legally, that way they have no way of knowing. To access EMC you need to first sign into the site - meaning they couldn't even log in and check. No way of knowing legally, if they do try to sue or similar, counter-sue for breaking your own EULAs..
    t6ler and EffinBatman like this.
  19. Interesting concept
    607 and PenguinDJ like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.