[EULA] Mojang Supporter Changes Discussion

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Gibabyte, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The blurb was added to our Terms, as a protection from being actually sued - as it would be a case of "You broke our ToS to claim we broke your EULA" - They would have to violate ours to claim we violated theirs.

Also, EMC perks are "permission to use extra server resources" - Which Mojang does not have the right to police that.

If mojang was to try to police down to that level, this game will sadly die.

But this is all blown out of proportion for now - most of the drama is over a few who don't work for Mojangs legal department or exec team. Grum himself said that mojang is loose about people saying whats on their mind... so it could be stretched farther than its actually going to be.

We will see when the eula is updated again.
  2. Eh, Im wrong. Go figure >.<
  3. Correction: Realms is like the Myspace of Minecraft. Youtube is rather big and you need a Google account to post anything on Youtube sooo yeah :p
    Bro_im_infinite and Olaf_C like this.
  4. Nah. People somewhat use realms. It is not that popular, but it somewhat exists.
  5. It is probably WAY less popular than Empire Minecraft. (and this is one server! :p)

The idea of paying for a realm just to play with friends is just dumb. I can easily go on youtube and host a server with my friends with my portforwarding, lol. Realms is like the Google+ of Minecraft.
    battmeghs and Defluxer like this.
  6. From what I read in the EULA, things are in a massive grey area.
    The eula says that you can not make money off of anything THEY have made. Our custom coded plugins were made by the EMC team so they should be exempt from this rule. There is a ton of grey area here though. Because the plugins are implemented and based off of Minecraft, would Mojang count that as using a part of their game? We are using classes and methods they made. Would this little bit of overlap be enough to set them off? Strictly speaking, it is, and the features are using Minecraft code, but will they enforce it this strictly?
  7. The way it sounds to me, they're kinda tired of the whole:
    $500 USD: THE ULTIMATE MINEMAN SUPER SAIYAN PACKAGE! You get free reign to the entire server, except console and I could give a monkey's left toe what you do with it. You will also receive a monthly reward of 3,456 Diamonds, Unlimited TNT, Level 1000 Enchants on everything! A Rainbow name that does that magical spazzy &K thing every 2 secs!

Kinda stuff some servers do. Just some people are being uber butthurt about it and throwing a lot of hate and whatnot and not fully understanding what's going on.
    607, mba2012, Bro_im_infinite and 2 others like this.
  8. The Mojang staff has gon completely mad.
    battmeghs, wisepsn and Defluxer like this.
  9. So, what you saying is I along with all supporters of EMC will lose some perks?
  10. Read through more of Aikar's posts, particularly from yesterday. He helps to clarify some of this.
    battmeghs likes this.
  11. The fact that this goes on in other servers is disturbing and sounds like it takes advantage of young players and their parents wallets! In that aspect I would understand Mojang (or some of their team members) wanting to put a stop to it, since it really could harm their image.

I think, from the comments of everyone, especially Aikar, that EMC is in no danger of losing tiered donator perks, or any of the other stuff that makes EMC such a great experience.
  12. Knowing mojang, and their community, I cannot imagine them being too strict on this whole thing, as just as Aikar said, if that happens, this game will sadly die.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  13. Yeah, that was somewhat hinted at in one of the tweets I read last night. It sounds like it's partly because parents complained to Mojang about the servers who wanted to put stupid prices for Donating to get in game stuff.
    mba2012 and Green_Mystery like this.
  14. There's a better way to do it though. Make something so sever owners have to go through Mojang to charge regular vanilla items (AKA no $100 for a diamond sword), but can charge no more then $20 for a subscription that allows plugin based items like the EMC firework, ride able mobs other then pigs/horses, and bows that shoot tent arrows.
  15. I bought the game in alpha here is the EULA I agreed to.
    There is no mention that EULA can be changed and I haven't accepted a new EULA since then.
    This EULA also states that I get ALL future versions. Some could argue I should get the console, iPhone, etc versions free but that is for a different discussion.
    The next update will force you to agree to the new EULA before you can download, if you don't agree you get no update. According to my current EULA I cannot be denied access to that update, we have reached a stalemate.
    5weety, t6ler, dresden72 and 20 others like this.
  16. I think its just so mojang can get more people purchasing relms so mojang get the money not the server owners.
    cowland123 likes this.
  17. damn.
    The one i agreed to gives it to me as-is *pouts*
  18. If they DO make it illegal, EMC can just stay on 1.7.9 until enough people complain about it to make a change..
  19. I read this article, and disagree with what was said in the OP. Basically we can't sell the game ourselves, or items in it for real life money. However, since the servers are built up with an owners own money (for most of the time) they can control what they want. For the most part, I believe nothing serious should change. Supporters and Donators are different things. Someone can support for the benefit of the server itself, or donate for perks in the server. Hopes this helps. ~Brick
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.