[EULA] Mojang Supporter Changes Discussion

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Gibabyte, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I agree.

Something like this this idea is important, because one of the big reasons supporters like Utopia is less griefers.
    If the Utopia Frontier is opened to everyone, the day they join, then the griefing and destruction of Frontier bases (and even spawn area) will increase, just like the other SMP's, so then Utopia will be less desirable, and access to it will be less valuable, because you can get to it for free, and you are more likely to get griefed.

Maybe at Least new players have to wait until they are 30 days old to try Utopia for free.
    That should help with griefing some.
    Bro_im_infinite likes this.
  2. The issue with all of this is the perception that supporters aren't griefers. This is totally wrong. The worst griefers I've ever come across, were all supporters, using their supporter parks to help them to grief. Restricting free players access to Utopia May help reduce the number of griefers, but it most definitely won't stop them.
  3. I know Aikar has mentioned a limit on Utopia Wilds/What-not unless you are so old. Flip-side of that is that we would need to limit Supporters as well
  4. Aikar updated his first post to reflect the current plan, so you can just read that.
  5. I've been watching this thread for a while now and I thought I might as well throw out an idea.
    Mojang can't stop you from offering website perks, as long as they don't affect game play. So why not focus on perks that could be offered on the website instead? For example, post limits could be added to Non-Supporters, so they could only make 15 posts of the forums each day. Supporters would have these limits reduced.
    Auction restrictions could also be lifted for supporters. At this time, the limit is only 1 auction per account, but what if Supporters were allowed to make 2 or 3 auctions at once?
    I know not everyone, if ANYONE, will like these idea, but I'm just throwing them out there :)
  6. Sorry, but the post limit is a really bad idea in my opinion. And supporters can auction up to 5 auctions in the supporter auction forums.
  7. I think allowing more than one auction at a time for supporters is an excellent idea.... except.... wouldn't this technically be a feature that effected gameplay? Auctions are for rupees, therefore if supporters are allowed more simultaneous auctions then they have an "unfair advantage" over non-supporters, even though the agreement for exchange is happening on the website rather than the actual server. Getting into a grey area here. Technically, I believe any player is free to auction things off in-game as long as they follow the rules for no spamming etc. Be interesting to see what Aikar thinks of this.

As far as limiting forum posts, I don't agree with that. Part of building a sense of community is the free exchange of information. If you limit that then you are stifling player input, creativity, and part of the fun of being on EMC. Besides, I don't think more posts equals that much more in server load, which means it's not costing more to allow people to post as much as they want.

Edit:

This I was not aware of.
  8. Nope. Not at all. There is no way that it could be considered gameplay. It is not happening in game, and it is not restricting anything in game either.
  9. life ruined
  10. I like the idea of allowing supporters to do more than one open to all auction at a time. The supporter auction area is rarely ever used because it lowers the potential bidders and therefore lowers your chances of getting a high amount for your auction. I'm not sure if this would be against the EULA. I like the idea of adding more supporter perks to the website.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  11. Wow wow wow. Is this still going on? I'm not going to read back 23 pages :eek:
    Did anything interesting happen on the matter or did you only talk about ani and random ideas?
  12. Just to say, supporters already can hold more than one auction, in the supporters forums :)
  13. 607 and MrsWishes like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.