Empire Staff Application (outdated)

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Maxarias, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We don't send out application denials because we like to keep all applications on hand. If battmeghs had received denial letters in the past, it might have kept her from applying again. None of the applications ever really go away until a new version is released. At the drop of a hat, we may add more staff members.
    One of the biggest things for a potential moderator is patience. It takes a lot of it to be in the position and we definitely look for it.
    mba2012, jkjkjk182 and jrm531 like this.
  2. Easier than that. If they wanted to make a generic "you weren't picked book", they could set up a "Empire Mailings" type thing similar to /mail and /promo, and set individual items it to be accessible to certain users only. That list would come straight from the Google form.
    Wait, are you telling me that you guys aren't looking for people who will snap at the slightest pressure?!:eek: /myusername
    PandasEatRamen and mba2012 like this.
  3. Even if it was an auto-message sorta thing, confirmation would be nice
  4. You do you get confirmation. "Thank you. Your response has been recorded."
    FDNY21, jkjkjk182, 607 and 2 others like this.
  5. Ya, but you don't get something in your EMC inbox, or whatever email account you gave EMC to set up your account.
  6. The end page is fairly explanatory, and as numerous people have discussed, this would be a complicated and lengthy process that is pretty much not needed for any practical purpose. I know some people would like to have it, but it's probably a lot more work than it's worth to give every single applier more confirmation.
    607 likes this.
  7. I guess, but it sorta feels like no one is listening. *sobs* *whimper* *Its Not FAIR!*
  8. If nobody listens, how are mods selected? :confused:
    607, blehmann1 and FDNY21 like this.
  9. Good point, but, it still doesn't feel right.
  10. Imagine yourself being a high-rank staff here. Would you want to send out confirmation messages to thousands of people on a regular basis..? I don't think it can even be automated because it works through Drive.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  11. While it does feel like it wasn't received by any human beings, it feels a lot more right than burdening a staff member who has to deal with confirming it with everyone (unless an automated system was put in place).
    It wouldn't be perfectly optimized, but a name scraper could go through Drive and create a generic send list if need be.
    607, hashhog3000 and mba2012 like this.
  12. To the people asking for a message upon denial:

There is one. Just no-one will ever see it since technically speaking, there are no denials - just "maybes", and "not quite nows". :)
    Defluxer and jkjkjk182 like this.
  13. If they constantly bug people to look at it?
  14. And about how long 'till we get confirmation?
  15. If you are accepted, any time. Ever.

If you are not, then never.
  16. I may not be recalling this correctly, but I swear we just spent the last many posts talking about how there is no staff to normal member confirmation lol.
  17. Are we allowed to send another application if we need to change some stuff?
  18. too lat to put one on?
  19. Never :)
    607 likes this.
  20. It's never too late! As they said before, they are always looking for possible candidates! You can never get enough staff. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.