Empire Minecraft is still 1.8 - 1.9.4 is near!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Feb 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. There was never any criticism against Aikar. Absolutely none. I think you might be overreacting a tad. I agree with Foxy. We need to calm down. It's possible to feel bad for Aikar and his family and also to feel disappointed about the update. That doesn't make anyone a bad person. And by the way Foxy, Christians aren't the only ones that pray. :)
  2. sorry, for some reason i thought ya posted something bout that but it was only battmeghs, still good advice, it gives someone a purpose if they choose to accept it :) and i said that because i myself believe in a dead belief xD

edit: how did foxy future ninja'd God_of_Gods??? o3o
    We3_Nub likes this.
  3. I love reading this thread... :rolleyes:
  4. Can you define comboing? If you can, you'd know you can't in 1.9

5. It appears to me that ForeverMaster0 is basically saying that because Aikar can't update EMC, that he'll suffer due to boredom.
    We3_Nub, SoulPunisher and battmeghs like this.
  6. Pretty much. That doesn't mean he's criticising him, though. As I said before, your ways of thinking are probably way different, and that's where the problems come from.
    But if you just accept that you don't understand each other... it can be solved in peace.
  7. For what it is worth. The update is 'ready' code wise. Just needs an evening that Aikar will have free. So no reason it would take months from now to release
  8. I'm guessing aikar doesn't trust a stray chicken
    We3_Nub and battmeghs like this.
  9. Them stray chickens are secretly planning on following the way of the Chin and breaking stuff.
  10. I don't have the same access to the servers that Aikar does. In theory he could push out the update in 10 minutes time, but he needs to be around in the case of an unanticipated catastrophic failure that could happen with major updates. (Quickly fixing the code, deploying backups, etc).

I plan to get a couple more non-1.9 improvements done in the mean time, to make the update even better :)
  11. I'm sure you probably already know this, but still mentioning it because I can: do not update too many different things at once, as it will make it MUCH more difficult to find out what's going wrong if things don't match well, or don't work themselves. This goes for many things, also outside of Minecraft. :) (source: myself - personal experience >.>)
  12. anti-grief?!?! hint hint wink wink nudge nudge *push off cliff* oh no....no more update
  13. Dang, with how many updates staff keeps talking about outside of 1.9, EMC may just feel like a completely different server! We may not even recognize the place.
    We3_Nub likes this.
  14. I think you received a good amount of backlash there, so I'm not going to tear into what's wrong here. It's really not my place either. But if you want to chat or have fun before 1.9 hits, I'm always open for it as long as it's later in the evening. And i can check the forums just about anytime.

In another stray comment that caught my eye, I can say that I have never gotten on my knees and prayed for anything. I don't believe and I don't find it enjoyable. But what I do have is the power to hope, and that's something praying encourages anyway, right? Just my stray two cents that you don't need to pray in order to hope for someone's current status to improve... ^^
    Sparticals, Hashhog, We3_Nub and 4 others like this.
  15. Rational = a set of reasons or a logical basis for a course of action or belief.

The above word "Rational and meaning", in explanation of this, what one person perceives or believes as reality to them (logical base - action or belief) is unique to them. Although a lot of people will have similar feelings of excitement, disappointment or loss there will be differences in how they perceive that experience. Their actions or reactions will then be based upon their feelings, these actions can be thoughtless - and only perceived as such when the reaction is made manifest or explained to the individual.

My point is this just because one person expresses themselves in a way that may appear disrespectful to one or more people that does not necessarily mean that they are being disrespectful just perhaps a little thoughtless in their expression of disappointment.

We can all fall into that situation of appearing disrespectful or thoughtless at times so let us all be a little more patient with remarks like this and instead ignore them or quietly put the person right in a respectful manner. If Srn Staff feel the remark or comment should be removed then we would understand but to honest a quiet word in private chat would be less volatile and may achieve a lot more than a display of uncontrolled emotional reactions.

Aikar's loss is our loss we feel his pain and understand, but not all will understand, especially the younger ones. Be mindful of how you say what you say, and above all Aikar is human and has feelings, he is our friend and fellow gamer, we would not want to hurt our friend in saying or doing the wrong thing in real life so let us keep that in mind within the EMC community and show love, be peaceable, supportive and respectful of each other. In this way we can show our love and support for Aikar and his family at this time.

Peace - love and a great big hug from Silken_thread to you all
  16. Theres a mod for that.
    We3_Nub likes this.
  17. Damming bite. You pushed out only chance away! Quite literally...
    Guess we will have to wait for a new chicken to hatch.

Lol... when I read this comment, all I could think of was this clip...

edit not sure if clip works.. doesn't work on my mobile
  18. four hands on the keyboard makes it ten times more efficient
  19. Real life always comes before gaming, especially if family is involved.
    Take care of your family first, Aikar. I only have one grandparent left myself: my grandfather on my mom's side of the family, and I dread the day when he'll die because we don't have enough money to fly out there (we couldn't fly out there when my mom's mom died... and we couldn't make it to her funeral because of it... that's how poor we are right now)

As for the EMC 1.9 update being delayed, I'm not concerned at all; this gives me more time to do some planning and gathering of resources, as well as how I want my shop to look and gather more Blaze Rods/Ghast Tears/etc before 1.9, and I'll be ready to go anytime you decide to update. :)
  20. Haha, that's great! Thanks for sharing!
    UltiPig, Sparticals and AmusedStew like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.