Empire Minecraft is still 1.8 - 1.9.4 is near!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Feb 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This moment is like a blackout to me.

I was really expecting 1.9 to come last night, and then all hope is lost... :oops:

I'm worried that I'll have to go through another miserable summer because 1.9 didn't arrive within mid-to-late June.

Right now, I feel powerless that I can barely do anything...
    We3_Nub and God_Of_Gods like this.
  2. oh wow, sorry, that someone has lost a family member and have more important things to do than update some Minecraft server.

Seriously losing any respect for you right now.
  3. Really? I don't think EmpireMinecraft should be that important to you, honestly... you could do something else, right?
  4. Please don't, nfell, I understand you don't understand him as he thinks in a very different way than you do, which can cause for some harsh misunderstandings. But please don't lose all your respect for him because of one post that you probably understood in a different way than he intended.
  5. I know you put a lot of work and planning into preparing for the update! Don't despair, the update will come and your hard work will pay off! :)
  6. When I find myself in the void and it's hard to concentrate on anything detailed I like to hunt wither skeleton's to keep my mind occupied.
  7. I think it's ok to feel disappointed it didn't update. There are a lot of people including me that feel this disappointment. It doesn't mean that we don't understand what Aikar needs to do and feel sorry for what he is going through. I don't think it is necessary to lose respect for anyone because they are disappointed.
  8. .... are you kidding me right now? someone just lost a family member and you're complaining that a freaking game version wont be updated a few more days/week for you to play? i am so livid right now that you would hold a game.. a worthless game, over someone losing a family member.

i hold EMC pretty high on my importance list, but sheesh..... i can't believe you would say this.
    ditto... :mad:
    - and sure, feeling disappointing is one thing, and completely okay to feel slightly disappointed as i do in a way, i saw the post that it was postponed and i didn't even look to see why until 10 minutes ago.. but going so far to complain that you're going to be miserable because you can't play a game update is completely so far beyond horrible that i can't even wrap my head around how someone feels entitled that much to put a death of someones family member below importance over a game... and if you do feel that way.. you don't plaster it where the grieving person can see that you even feel that way. *head bash*

aikar can take as much time as he very well needs, its FAMILY. aikar works SO HARD to keep this place floating, to keep things running smoothly.. paying the bills to keep this place running and you're so unappreciative. lol ugh.
    i just would like to teleport and give you hugs aikar.. *batman hugs*
  9. What's destroying me is depression.

When I've lost hope in something I love and highly value, like EMC, I lose motivation/self-drive for life...

-
    We3_Nub likes this.
  10. i suffer from severe depression and anxiety also, and EMC is extremely high on my importance list of stuff i would hate to live without.. but that is no excuse for me to say something that would make someone who just lost a family member feel bad because they can't release a game update on time because of something they couldn't control. :(:confused::mad:

now you have some time to gather more stuff before 1.9 comes out.. it isn't all that bad at all.
  11. That's a shame, man :(
    I hope you'll find a way!
    You know what? Perhaps it's actually a good challenge. Now you'll need to find a way to cope with a setback yourself, and it is very important to be able to handle setbacks like this one.
  12. Did you read my post, battmeghs? Please try to understand :c I know it's difficult, I've experienced the same problems myself. We just think and express things in a different way, and on tough subjects, that can lead to disappointment and anger. But please...
  13. No one ever said they were putting a game over the death of someone's family member. He feels really down about it right now, in a day he might not feel so down. Don't you think maybe you are overacting about him displaying his disappointment and you might be getting a bit overly upset. I try to always look into myself and show empathy towards other before I condemn them. Take the caring route towards others and you will be a happier person in the end.
  14. i can kinda see where she is coming from, sure, i myself do my damndest to hide as much emotion as possible during a crisis like this, but its like a HUGE slap to the face of the grieving person when someone walks up to them and tells them that they are extremely depressed bout an update, im not trying to be mean or misunderstand, im just saying, show more respect then that, mourning for a beloved is more important then updating a server, and like 607 said, its a chance for you to gain MORE material and prepare for 1.9 (like for instance SOMEHOW managing to find a place actually stocked with gold to make more notch apples to sell (sorry pvp'ers but you dont need them that much lol) them to banner makers to continue making beautiful banners). thats just how i feel, i know others may agree or disagree but its my opinion :)
  15. Of course anyone can have disappointment for not getting an update. But the reason for not having an update is a very valid reason. If Aikar had said "I'm too lazy". Then sure, shoot at him with everything you've got. BUT HE HAS LOST A FAMILY MEMBER. Someone close. If you don't understand the actual pain from the loss of someone but are saying this whole "I've got depression" bs, you seriously need to check yourself out.

It's a joke how people are defending his criticism against Aikar for not updating some petty Minecraft server in his current situation.
  16. I think the title of this thread should be renamed
    ---Empire Minecraft is still 1.8 1.9.4 is "Near" [Complain here!]---

Honestly guys, just accept that Aikar is going through a lot of shit right now and you complaining about a update that was due this week isn't helping the fact. It is stuff like this that ruins a community with spiteful comments against each other about the update or about the time it took to update.

Overall message is this, everybody just calm down we will get through this together and please pray for Aikar's Family.
    (If your Christian or have other religious believes) The update will be here soon enough.
  17. Foxy dont forget the other religions now :p
    FoxyRavenger_4 and 607 like this.
  18. Two quotes in one post; I'd prefer them in different posts, but some people see that as spamming. Here goes.
    I didn't say that at all, or at least I didn't mean to :confused:
    There is no criticism here, though. Where do you get the criticism from? Byeforever or Forevermaster is only expressing his own feels, and there's no judgement against Aikar included anywhere in his post.
  19. Haha, I thought that too, everybody can pray, whether they're Christian or not :p
  20. Don't worry I have edited it ;)
    We3_Nub and Sparticals like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.