Empire Minecraft 1.2 update status

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by JustinGuy, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. There is definitely such a thing as burning yourself out, even on things you love. Especially when they are labors of love. When its starts to feel like a chore to do something, its time to take a break.
    Darkwellor likes this.
  2. Very well said :)
  3. And, of course, we all adore you and the rest of the staff and what you do here, and are extremely grateful.
  4. Did the changes in 1.2 fix the animal despawn/move through walls glitch?
  5. Hard to say, they said it gave them "new AI" but that could mean anything lol
  6. justin just wondering how hard is it to do stuff like this i was thinking about makeing a sever
  7. Depends on what you want. Not to sound stuck up but accomplishing something on the level of EMC would take a lot of time, money, talented people, and a great community. If you are just looking for a small server with a few friends it is still a lot of work to manage it and keep it up to date and all of that but it is manageable :)
  8. I heard about them fixing the fence glitch of them jumping over and over again to maybe get out of the fences somewhere online. And iv seen in videos that a lot of animals now do a twirl or something when they walk. Its weird but iv seen it on more then a few videos.

I don't think them glitching into walls will ever get fixed on servers since its the fact that the res in question isn't being accessed then when it is all the animals and stuff needs to be spawned again (don't know the technical term), which causes them to not be in the exact same spot they were. Like a few blocks around where they used to be. At least from what iv seen and just what I think happens. There is a lot of info in each res when you have a lot of animals so I think that contributes to it. But I do know animals don't glitch out when your always on your res. Only when you leave and then come back after a long enough period. Or when your res is accessed by another player when you have been gone for a while.

I could be wrong but from all my understanding on the matter and all my tests iv done with pens and such that seems to be the case.

Oh and I never see sheep glitching into walls on single player. Probably because it doesn't have to load a bunch of res's and other stuff all at once when you sign in. And I think single player is much easier and made specifically to be more functioning then multiplayer which has problems such as internet connection and all that other stuff.

But again I could be wrong. Just from what I can gather.
  9. One thing they did add was stacking eggs, and that goes perfect with our newest eggification feature :)
    Rkramer7792, Darkwellor and jlopez24 like this.
  10. Yay! No more inventory full of chicken eggs :p
    Brennian and JustinGuy like this.
  11. Everytime I log on to MC I almost, almost keep hitting that damn Update button.

It's bound to happen sooner or later.
    Brennian likes this.
  12. ohboyohboy this is gonna be awesome! i can't wait till the update can't wait for my cat! yay!
  13. the best! :) more chickens in 1 chest :) normal 27 now 27*64=1728!!! in 1 chest :p
  14. Would the occupants on each server vote to replace their wild, or would the wild have to be replaced for all servers?
  15. So, we'll have to get our stuff out of the Wild? Well, there goes a few homes in SMP2 I built for the homeless.
  16. Here's a safety precaution for you and everyone else who would like to try 1.2.3 early, if you're on Windows. Go to start, in the search bar, type "%appdata%" and hit enter, this will bring you into a folder named "Roaming." Look for a folder called ".minecraft" Copy that folder, and save it wherever you like, but remember where you saved it. Update to 1.2.3, and whenever you want to come back to 1.1, just copy the .minecraft folder that you saved wherever (I saved it to desktop) back into the Roaming folder, replace all files and folders and you're back to 1.1. Hope this helps.
    EdmundWayne likes this.
  17. so with all this talk- when will empirecraft be updated becos my friend updated by accident and doesnt want his res reset or anything and i want to try it out without missing too much empire craft
  18. Yes, Justin is just waiting on Bukkit to update to the 1.2.3 update, until then, we're still at 1.1, there's no confirmed date of when that's gonna happen, but if I had to guess, it'd probably be in a few days.
  19. YES! That would be great, I could finally find a working spawner (to make a grinder) AND find trees! :D
  20. Your friend should be safe, as Justin stated that he's temporarily put the derelict policy on hold. As for trying out the new version before EMC updates, you can make a backup of your .minecraft folder so you'll still have all the 1.1 stuff, and then update to try it out. When you want to come back to EMC, just copy your backup over the updated files and you'll be back to 1.1 again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.