Empire has updated to 1.9!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Uber_Corq, May 17, 2016.

1. Community be like:

We want new useful enchantments!
    We want new types of armor!
    We want new tools to use!
    We want better mod support!
    We want more singleplayer features!
    We want more robust redstone mechanics!
    We want new redstone mechanics!
    We want more native command block features!
    We want better stability!
    We want more native control options!

--------------------------------------------------

Mojang be like:

We hear you guys! We really value your feedback and have taken your suggestions to create Minecraft 1.9! We will be implementing great new features that you guys have requested, such as:

Shields, which literally nobody asked for!
    A new durability system, which literally nobody asked for!
    A pvp cooldown, which literally nobody asked for!
    Axes to be better in pvp than swords, which literally nobody asked for!
    New types of arrows, which literally nobody asked for!
    Nerfed golden apples to be as useful as a doornail, which literally nobody asked for!
    The removal of the golden apple recipe, which literally nobody asked for!
    The fixing of boats, which only took 4 years to become a thing!
    Degrading armor effectiveness contingent on durability, which literally nobody asked for!
    New mobs that chase you and make you levitate, WHICH LITERALLY. NOBODY. ASKED FOR.

--------------------------------------------------

GO MOJANG -.-
  2. ...
  3. The picture can't even be real
  4. Have you ever thought, and stick with me, people have suggested them and they do heavily rely on community input?
    • The community has been asking for a PvP revamp
    • The community has been asking for a fleshed out End
    • The community has been asking for more interesting ocean
    • The community has been asking for more arrows
    • Axes are not better in PvP (I believe around 11 Dps for sword, 9 Dps for axe)
    • They had to rebalance armor, weapons, and yes, notch apples
    • And HOW DARE THEY fix the boat bug! The nerve of them.
    Also, how dare they add a unique mob nobody asked for because nobody thought of it. Look a the guardian. That thing is badass and nobody asked for it. We love it.
    Look at the Wither.
    Look at the Ender Dragon
    Look at the Endermen
    It seems to me you enjoy trying to look for things Mojang added that nobody asked for but ignoring the many things people ask for and Mojang delivered. Dead bushes drop stick now -- that is a suggestion a dev replied to. They added Loot Tables, suggested by a player. They added a /stopsound command that a player suggested. They even made it so the glowing effect only affects glowing elements, which was suggested by a player.
    But you probably didn't know that. Too busy being angry at PvP.
  5. No they haven't. Mojang consulted Mindcrackers (docm77), who have no knowledge when it comes to PvP rather than people who PvP regularly. Sure, give them a voice, but the people who it affects more should have a bigger voice. Just like if Aikar was planning a wilderness change, everyone should be given a voice. But the opinion of people regularly in the wild should have their opinion weighed more as it affects them more directly.
    Don't care about that.
    Where?
    They may not be (I still prefer swords so I can attack faster) but they do a crap ton of damage. Now that combo-ing isn't a thing anymore, just imagine how overpowered the Ham Hacker will be .A wooden axe does the same damage as a diamond sword per hit. That makes no sense. It's not even a battleaxe - it's an axe you cut a tree with. I don't remember anytime in history when axes used to cut trees were used in combat.
    What? Armor was fine. Weapons were fine. Notch apples were OP but to use EIGHT gold BLOCKS, it was fine. Notch apples are useless now, they were used for the Regen IV/V for invincibility, not the absorption. They're pointless now, and for some reason people jacked up the prices for an obsolete item. People asked for a nerf, not destroying an item.
    Again, I don't care about this.
    EpicSubtastic likes this.
  6. Sorry if this comes off as crude I'm just trying to understand the situation, and have been watching from the sidelines for a bit on this subject.

It seems you're mad at the PVP revamp, but have you considered instead of whining about it, why not just adapt to it? Isn't that what makes a great competitive player great? Adapting to what they're good in. I'm not a PVPer I'm a builder so this update in particular affects me more positively rather than negatively, even so PVP seems to be highly competitive (Watched the vid of Penguin and you dueling on your profile) but it also seems like this update adds more tactics and timing. It also provides many ways of PVPing I would assume with shields, duel weilding and timing. In my opinion this update is all around good. But people like you who complain at something getting changed and reworked is getting bland and annoying.

Adapt, don't complain. Overcome, don't whine. If you consider yourself a good PVPer apply yourself to learning this new system and quit trying to change things by stomping your feet and flailing your arms. My 5 year old nephew doesn't even do that. Redstone mechanics certainly don't do that when their machines don't work after a bug is fixed, they just find new ways to do it.
  7. Oh no worries, I'm fine with debating.

Yes, the PvP revamp is bad. I'm not particularly good at PvP - I'm pretty bad. You can't adapt to something that is totally different. It's like playing Minecraft and trying to use your knowledge and skill from that only to play Fifa Ultimate Team. It doesn't work like that. It's a different system. Almost all of the PvP methods have been broken: combos, rodding, w-tap, and most importantly - enjoyment. We didn't ask for this update to be put on us - people who have no affiliation with PvP did.
    SirTah and NetherSpecter like this.
  8. https://www.reddit.com/r/minecraftsuggestions/comments/1gfcz1/potion_tipped_arrows/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/minecraftsuggestions/comments/1ie36g/potiontipped_arrows/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/minecraftsuggestions/comments/zjlll/potiontipped_arrows/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/minecrafts..._ability_to_add_any_splash_potion_to_a_stack/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/3j7ld2/next_target_for_19_combat_rebalance_armor/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/minecrafts...t_is_minecraft_combat_to_you_how_can_we_make/
    Also, Aikar has made some changes without giving people a voice (see teleporting wither).
    Axes still are pretty dangerous. And why add another weapon when it is almost the same thing as something that is already in game?
    Also, I did the math:
    Normal axe damage: 9 (we have 20 hp)
    With VI: 13 1/2 damage

So, it does make the Ham Hacker actually viable as a weapon now. A good sword is still better.

Also, a diamond sword can do almost twice as much damage per second as a wooden axe. You can't just focus on one aspect when it is affected by another.
  9. If I owned minecraft It be like

Mr.epic what did you add to the new update?

"I gave the fans what they really want"
    NetherSpecter likes this.
  10. That's not a fair way to word it. That only applies when you fight a Wither under custom EMC rules, Difficulty > 5.
    You're not getting additional loot from the Wither without EMC putting its own twist on the fight.

If you don't want the change, fight it on difficulty 5 and get your vanilla.
    ShelLuser, 607, FWRonald and 8 others like this.
  11. I'd say it is pretty fair. You sort of blocked a group of people off from a challenge -- people who do not want to fight a teleporting wither (which does not make the most sense. :p)
  12. Adapting and overcoming is a major aspect in any game that recieves updates (its a major aspect of life in general). For example, a FPS game like Call of duty... Oh here goes Stew using a Call of Duty example...

Up until 2014, us COD fans were super used to "boots on ground" gameplay. However, a select few (those darn mlg/competitive players) wanted the game to take more skill so what does Slegehammer Games do? They add in boost jumping, a feature which, in the eyes of many, sucks. Did they remove the feature after months of complaining? Did they hear the voice of the community in the end? Yes because 2017's game will be boots on ground. Thats not the point.

We got this brand new game in 2017 that changed a game from x,z movement to x,y,z movement. It took alot more skill in this game added onto the fact that skill based matchmaking was added (matched you with players of same skill). The community hated this feature as well.

The only players that enjoyed any of these features were the couple thousand out of millions (now much less than millions lol) of normal players were the competitve scrubs.

We as a community dealt with this stupid x,y,z movement plane for almost a year when Black Ops 3 was announced and they stated they would continue the x,y,z movement. We as a community were outraged yet again because we were not heard.

Through AW, I had to increase my reflexes and pay much more attention to my surrounding because now people were able to shoot me from above. Adapt and overcome. When BO3 came out, I was good at the game because I adapted to the xyz movement system.

Today, BO1 was released for backwards compatibility on xbone and I went to play it- lets just say I adapted too much to the thing I used to hate. (I still hate it btw, just not as much as I did when AW came out).

I understand it is weird to use a Call of Duty exampe for Minecraft but its a similar situation where the players have to adapt and overcome. I honestly feel that this update takes more skill for PVP if anything. Now you have to time your attack instead of swinging at the air over and over until hitting something (almost sounds like my aim when I started playing FPS games lol!). You now have arrows that can damage the player and choose which arrow to use. I think shields are useless though but dont tell anyone.

Im gonna hit reply and hope this made sense.
  13. Chocolate: Pingu, respond to this for me. *links thread*
    Me: Ok *not knowing what it is*
    Look at what you've gotten me into! Yet another PvP/1.9 debate on EMC.

My favorite thing to argue against people who say things like this is to point the total misinterpretation of why people dislike 1.9. The opinion of you, of StoneSky, and of many others is that all people dislike change and all people who dislike 1.9 dislike it for the reason that people dislike change.

And the simple response to that is: your assumptions are simply incorrect.

When I heard about combat changes for the first time I came in with an open mind, believe it or not. But after trying out 1.9 PvP, after reading about it and studying it, I've come to one irrefutable conclusion:

I, personally, dislike 1.9 not because it's change, but because I do not find it enjoyable.

I only PvP in Minecraft nowadays. My entire Minecraft existence is spent on Arena/PotionPvP, UHC, and PvP-oriented servers. Why? Because it is fun. If the 1.9 combat system was in place back in 1.2.3 (when I originally bought the game) I can tell you for a fact that I would not be here right now because objectively I do not enjoy the 1.9 combat system. It's slow. It's clunky. It's confusing. It removes skill-based features of PvP (and (mainly talking to StoneSky here) please don't try to prove me wrong here; I know more about PvP than you).

It's not about not wanting to adjust, it's not wanting to switch to a combat system that in my opinion and in Chocolate's opinion is inferior in its most important aspect: fun.
    smh ur one of the kids why tries to sound smart in school with ur "w-tapping" and "combos" but u rly dont know what ur talking about LOL
    i doubt you've got a single combo in ur life or know what w-tapping is #REKTED get outta here with ur 1100 build elo

jk <3

Funny Side Note: I fought Chocolate in duels for 40 minutes the other day and he won once. :p
  14. Makes sense.

But for me, I stopped playing COD after AW because it was absolute shit.
    A combination of Ghosts and AW's new movement system killed the game for me.

1.9 is doing the same. Mojang is killing their game the same way COD was.

Unfortunately, I don't think Mojang is bright enough to learn from their mistakes.

If there weren't still 1.7 servers I wouldn't be playing Minecraft anymore.

It's just not fun.
  15. It would be better in the 1st of April :p
  16. Well, I got the reaction I was hoping for, followed by what I should've expected would happen, on page 3. :p

I will say something about 1.9's combat cooldown again, though, just to reiterate. This...

...is exactly the type of combat that needs to have spam-clicking, because to add a cooldown, under the guise of making combat more "skill-based", only makes combat more frustrating. You shouldn't have to catch flies with chopsticks; you should be able to swat at them.

Imagine you could spam-click the mouse button, and your sword would just swing slowly - only every few clicks. That would be annoying, but not as annoying as what's in 1.9. Instead, you've got to actually force yourself to click at a slow pace - often watching your target go in and out of your reticle without even swinging at it. You land hits so much less often, yet they don't even feel more satisfying when you do.

I can't even express how counterintuitive and unsatisfying it feels to consciously constrain yourself from wailing on your enemy, while you get pummelled. You end up feeling really ineffective and weak. Not in a cool, sort of Castlevania way, either - more like in real life when you realise how pathetic your actual body is in any sort of physical confrontation. That's.. that's not just me, right..? :p

Anyway, change in general is fine, but bad mechanics are bad mechanics. This mechanic is at least frustrating. The more frustrating something is, the less fun it is, and that's why it's totally valid for people to say 1.9 is less fun.
  17. I'm not saying that they don't have the right to complain. I'm just saying that spamming every thread with, "I hope 1.9 doesn't come to EMC because I hate the new PVP system." isn't fair. It's toxic and altogether clunks the threads with negativity. I come on EMC because it's a fun place, with fun people, not to see another 1.9 thread derailed again because the minority don't like the new PVP. They have a right to their opinion and so do I, I simply asked if they would stop whining about 1.9's PVP because it's going to happen. It's indisputable and irreversible.

Most of my points were directed at Chocolate who seems to constantly just join in on the 1.9 threads to say something negative.

Skills across video games transfer, especially in a competitive sense. For instance Heroes of the Storm, Smite, DOTA, and League of Legends are all MOBAs and offer unique views different from an FPS know most commonly as top down perspective. However, I've recently begun to play the new FPS MOBA Paladins and transferred my skills over there which is more of a TF2 type of gameplay. It works, it's not new the objective is the same. Kill the enemy and win by any means necessary. I'm not asking you to roll over your building skills to FIFA I'm asking you to adapt your old PVP skills to the new one.

I'm not gonna say I won't respond to further messages because I enjoy any good debate as the next man, but I won't argue pointlessly much longer. I apologize if any misunderstandings occur with my posts and will gladly clear up any confusion. :)
    Uber_Corq and AmusedStew like this.
  18. FUUUUUUUUUUUU
    hate that teleport, almost ripped apart my entire wither skeleton farm even though i was a chunk and a half away from it
    UltiPig likes this.
  19. Wow ya got me there -_-
    Uber_Corq likes this.