Empire has updated to 1.9!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Uber_Corq, May 17, 2016.

1. I was wondering why it wasn't featured on the front page :p
    FoxyRavenger and Uber_Corq like this.
  2. I think people are underestimating how drastically different the new PvP is. It's not something to "translate" your skill to and get over. It's too different from 1.8 and below that your old skill simply does not apply to the new PvP and that's something that people that don't competitively PvP simply won't understand. The types of skill required for 1.8 PvP vs the new PvP are completely different. In 1.8 it's about your click speed, aim, strafe, and crit. In 1.9, it's about your shield management, timing, durability watch, and a little aim. It's totally different, you can't just adjust to that and keep the majority of your skill like you would in that COD example.

In that COD example, once you adjusted to that one new mechanic, the rest of the game basics were the same. You shoot people. Shooting mechanics can't drastically change. Shooting people in the new COD vs the old CODS was only one difference, being the y axis. So once you adjust to the y axis change, you'll be fine at the new COD. But 1.9 isn't like that, there isn't just a few mechanic changes that you have to adjust to. Almost every mechanic is changed to the point that old skill is barely worth salvaging. It's like trying to adjust from playing DOTA to playing CSGO and expecting your skill to transfer in any meaningful way.
  3. Just sit back eating popcorn...
    FoxyRavenger, Code_Surfer and UltiPig like this.
  4. You really fooled me! I thought it was Aikar who posted, but it probably would be one of those threads in the middle of the screen like main threads XD
    Uber_Corq likes this.
  5. I realize that. I'm sorry. I wanted some sleep, lol.

Skills do transfer along games but not if they are completely different. 1.8/1.9 PvP is like playing soccer(football) with football(American football) rules. It's like playing baseball with cricket rules. It's like playing hockey with squash rules. It doesn't work like that.
    bitemenow15 and NetherSpecter like this.
  6. dude, language plz
  7. is it also a prank that the update is coming today ???
  8. Refer to rules.emc.gs. It's allowed
  9. I know, im just not really used to such LANGUAGE here...
  10. I'm deeply sorry if I offended you with a little word
  11. lol
    UltiPig likes this.
  12. Wait 1.6 is out! Omg this is the best day ever!
    ESSELEM and bitemenow15 like this.
  13. sometimes it's not offending, but more like, polluting ...
  14. A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ A++++++++++
    I agree, these bad words are like garbage, giving bad energy......
  15. Haha! I love a good joke now and then, good one Uber :p
    Uber_Corq likes this.
  16. I chose Incitatus. :)
    SirTah and NetherSpecter like this.
  17. Good times...
    UltiPig likes this.

18. None trolls Shadow Dcord! For I can't be trolled for my name is Shadow Ricardo Dcord the Untrollable!
    Uber_Corq, ESSELEM and DufneIsANub like this.