EMC's Day of Equality (and a Giveaway)

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Today marks the birthday of the civil rights activist Martin Luther King, JR. In the USA, this day is a federal holiday, which of course means no school :p. On EMC, we are choosing to celebrate this day as a Day of Equality, the state of one person's worth being the same as another's. Today we mark the unique circumstance that the game pixels provide us: the chance to judge others based on the content of their character rather than their skin color, religion, sexual orientation, disability, etc. We are all truly equals in-game.

So what does this mean? With everyone being equals, it's all about equal opportunity and that means random number generators!

Post on this thread with a positive message about what equality means to you and you will be entered for a chance to win a prize. The prizes will not be revealed until they are won, i.e. they are ALSO being randomized ;). 25% of the participants will win a prize. This means that if 60 people post, there will be 15 prizes. Deadline for entries: Tuesday Jan 16, 2018 @ 11 AM EMC time. (Just over 24 hours from now) Deadline extended to Jan 17 @ 5 PM EMC time.

(You'll know your post counted if you get a like from me :))

Note: This thread is intended to bring about a positive message about the day and equality. Don't be a party pooper and be mean about something positive.
  2. Ooh very noice, happy day of equality!

Equality to me means, no matter where you come from or who you are on the outside (or even on the inside) you're given the rights to be happy and enjoy life like everyone else.
  3. Equality to me is no matter your race, gender, sexuality, or ethnicity that you have the same rights and opportunities as everyone else. What matters is who we are as a person, not what we are as a person.
  4. Equality means to me to have the same chance to succeed in life regardless to wether your wealthy or poor, in education, health or standard of living.
  5. What equality means to me is what life means to the soldier who is crawling across no man's land. It's a battle to be equal to one another, legally and socially, and we still have a long way to go from here. It is a necessity that I, as an AFAB genderqu**r with invisible illnesses, will fight even from my grave.
    Raaynn, khixan, Equinox_Boss and 7 others like this.
  6. Equality is not being able to choose if you want a Burger or a Pizza becuase they're Equual, right?

anway: Equality to me mainly is as in Equality in sexual orientation. I know some people who are "different" in that sort, both in real life and here. Equality in that is a right they have, and everybodey has, of course.
    (I'm just not used to seing the others being inequal in real life, I only know that from stories.)
  7. I was just a 5th & 6th grader during the early 60's civil rights movement and remember the police lines, shields, and water cannons.

What equality means to me is exactly what I use to tell my platoon "I don't care if you're white, black, purple, green, gay, straight, single, married, punk rocker, goth. I only care about two things. What's up here (pointing to my head/brain) and what's in here (pointing to my heart)." Basically looking forward to a time when all that matters is who you are, not what you are.
  8. Equality means to me that people get what they deserve. And that they don't get what they don't deserve.
    And I think everyone deserves a chance to define what they deserve, not someone defining it for you.

Speaking of which, last night I had to put the garbage out. I think it's terrible that some people are working today- But I suppose the people in charge aren't necessarily the people supporting Civil Rights. King made quite a sacrifice with his life, and I love him and what he did, but I will note- The many people who died for Civil Rights in the past don't have a holiday, nor an award. Thank you to everyone out there who made an effort for Civil Rights. Your message shall be a beacon (Minecraft reference 20/20) for others in places where we still need to work on. (Everywhere)

If Krysyy likes this post it means I will be promoted to Senior Staff. ;)

*Edit - I'm looking around, a lot of people won't be celebrating this holiday, just taking the day off - and I think this is a really great way to promote positive ideas and celebrate the holiday, and to just say thanks to everyone out there who made a (good) difference (Native American rights, LGBTQ rights, People with Disabilities rights, everything out there with good intentions against bad intentions) - So many positive messages
  9. Equality to me means the equal ability to advance your station in life free of imposed societal burdens as a result one's beliefs or congenital qualities; equality of opportunity, not outcome.
  10. To me equality is that everyone has the same opportunities regardless of race, gender, sexuality, religion, ethnicity, ect.
  11. To me Equality means it doesn’t matter if your short or tall or your a different colour to everyone or even if you are sick and poor you should be included in anything or everything.

Happy Equality Day EMC.
  12. Equality to me is to be free of bias towards your characteristics therefore receiving the same opportunity as others
  13. Equality for me means that we can surpass the superficial and be a moving wave in unity and harmony together with respect to ourselves and the entire universe.
  14. Equality to me means that no matter who you are or where you come from, you have the same opportunities to be successful and live a fulfilling life.

Happy MLK day!
  15. Equality to me means treating people and being treated the same. This means that no matter who you are, religion, or where you come from; we all should be treated the same. You should treat and respect people as you would want to be.
  16. I'm working today :(

And nice try...
  17. Equality is how everyone should be treated the same. No one should be left out or not given a say. Slaves such as Fredrick Douglass were held and shipped and traded and whipped again. They wanted freedom, but had no idea how to use it. That was an example of the wrong thing to do because once freedom was granted for thousands of slaves, they had no clue how to use it. Therefore, all humans should be equal otherwise we have an in balance. Although, humans are all different and should not be handicapped to have equality in education, physical activity, and other stuff, it is important to realize that people are all the same life form. It has no matter if you are black or white, short or tall, religious or atheist, but if you don’t know what Pokémon is I probably won’t be friends with you:D
    Raaynn, Equinox_Boss, We3_MPO and 2 others like this.
  18. Oh, Pokémon! The food!
  19. Thanks a ton for the giveaway! I think all of us can use a day of peace within our current time.

What Equality means to me is everyone is given a level playing field to accomplish greatness, without prejudice or favoritism interfering. Equality is also not living in fear of being targeted by hate groups in a manner fueled by prejudice and discrimination.
  20. Equality, or congruence, is when two or more things are the same, or in agreement or harmony.

(Sorry i'm a geometry nut :p)