EMC's Day of Equality (and a Giveaway)

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Jan 15, 2018.

1. To me, equality means we may be different but we are all humans, we should all be treated the same and not be treated on something unique about us.
  2. To me it means. less judging At school Every one is kind of obsessed with what cloths there wearing or how there hair looks (and others) but in game none of that matters, The only thing that matters if Your personality and how you treat others!
  3. Equality to me means to be able to have the same rights or opportunities as others, and to not have actions of one become the fault of a whole group. Perhaps that's a bit cheesy or generic of a definition... but being a part of a community as I am (although I'm generally quiet about it around here) that is often judged and criticized because others disagree or because they've seen the action of few and believe it applies to all, defining it that way shows a lot of what I hope for and see equality as.

Thank you so much for a day like this, and a thread to share and spread positivity! :D This is absolutely lovely.
  4. Equality is a dream that we have to work for every day. It's not walking down a street and judging the homeless person in the corner. It's not judging a person who may not look like the gender you think they should look like.

It's believing that the Joker is just as important as Batman.
    Raaynn, khixan, Equinox_Boss and 5 others like this.
  5. To me, equality is where everyone has equal access to an opportunity.
    This means while not everyone will get the exact same treatment, they will all get to the same place.

No idea if that makes sense.
  6. Well... Put. GG
  7. To me, equality is accepting and celebrating our differences, and treating others how we would wish to be treated. It is allowing people to be whoever they want to be without the fear of judgement, prejudice or persecution. It is equality of opportunity and meritocracy, where anyone can try to do anything they want based on what they're good at.
  8. Equality for me is that everyone is treated in the same way no matter what race or gender or whatever, we shouldn't be treated differently if we wanted to wear something or be something else which doesn't appeal to the social norms.
  9. Equality mean we see the real world the same way we are forced to see the game world - we see what people want to share of themselves, see them as people, their minds and personalities, without knowing or caring what the real world wrapping looks like.
  10. Equality to me means having the same opportunities, irregardless of skin colour/racial background or social upbringing or sexual preference or religious belief. Everyone is a little different and we should embrace that. We're all Human at the end of the day so nobody is inherently superior from birth.
  11. When I think of equality I can't help but think of Canada. We are a country that prides ourselves on being accepting all people regardless of who they are or where they are from. Like anywhere there will always be the bad apples but as a whole we are all about equality. No better place I would like to live.
  12. Equality to me means accepting everyone for who they are and treating them no differently than any other person. Regardless of race, religion, personal identity or personal opinion. Everyone can be who they are without fear of being treated as if they're less than anyone else. Equality is great and I'm glad we live in a world where we can all be equals.
  13. Equality means to myself that I can drink a cup of coffee with someone and judge on what they say and not their sexual orientation, skin color, religion etc. ;)
  14. To me, equality is a chance for everyone to have life. I have a few siblings that were adopted from China. Just because they look different, or maybe didn't have the same start in life that I did, doesn't mean they don't deserve the loving care of a family. One of my adopted brothers has cerebral palsy, and because of it, he has to use a walker to walk, and a wheelchair to go long distances (he crawls some places too). Just because he has a disability doesn't mean we should love him less, doesn't mean we should turn our backs and walk away in disgust. He is simply human, and we all have many flaws. His disability was not something he chose to have.

People judge EVERYTHING, from the clothes others wear, to the way they act, even things that they can't control, such as a disability. Their judgement can have an influence on how we act, but because everyone has their own opinions, their own style, one person simply can't fulfill all the things that others want. When there is equality, we can all wear what we want, and be who we are without negative influences from others. Equality gives you a chance to be you. It gives everyone a chance to be loved, a chance to find a home. <3
  15. To me, equality means that everyone should both get the same respect and celebrate their differences, regardless of their race, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, nationality, or disability. At the end of the day, none of us are superior or inferior, and all of us are human. I also tend to think of Canada, Iceland, the EU, and Australia when I think of equality because they're all very nice and safe in those regards. :)

Also, thanks Krysyy for posting this. We should all celebrate our differences, not judge each other for them! <3
  16. Equality to me is the right to get paid the same amount for the same work and required qualifications without having gender or race having any impact on it. To be seen as who you are and not allowing petty things like gender or the color of your skin or how well you can speak English matter.
  17. Wow, lots of great posts so far. As people we all suffer from our own upbringing, beliefs, location we live and our opinions. Equality should allow us the ability to ignore all those biases when we engage with any other person while having the ability to allow others to hold on to their own beliefs and opinions even if you do not agree with them.

While it comes from a movie and it's context was quite different I have always liked the quote "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it." We alone can make a difference when it comes to how we treat others. We need to act as a person, even in groups, so we foster positive change. We need to make sure we keep working to make things more equal. I personally believe the world and the US are better than it once was, but there is lots of room for improvement for sure. I do believe the current generation is better related to this than mine was. Mine was better than the generation before us. Hopefully it will continue.

The mere fact people have to name groups shows the issues with equality. In the end hopefully we are a world full of wonderful people and those differences are cherished not used to create bias and hate.
  18. What a lovely thing to do!
    Equality to me, means that everyone, no matter their background, gender, colour, sexuality, religion, summed up, everyone, should all be treated with kindness and fairness, they should be able to live a life of happiness and beauty and not let their differences hold them back. Everyone should be equal to one another. And it would be more than a miracle for one day there to be acceptance in the whole world- peace :)
  19. To me, equality is having the same opportunities no matter what color you are, where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in. I’ve always taught my son you should be accepting, whether it’s someone with a disability, someone that believes in a different religion than you do, or anything in between.
  20. Equality is something I've always thought about as a given. I've always seen everyone as who they are and I've always been surprised when someone is being rude to someone "different". In my life time I've heard a lot of bad phrases towards people for being different and I've always felt bad for them and stepped in when something like that happens. Equality to me is something that I'm extremely happy about even though it took a while to develop. Equality gives everyone the same opportunities.

Pardon my bad phrasing and wording, English ain't my primary language. :)