EMC Signature Generator [BETA]

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JackBiggin, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Since there is so many of them they are refreshing our information constantly on every client side. I am just wondering though, does your signatures ping for your username?
  2. They're supposed to cache for 5 mins to help with loading time. For some reason caching is borked, meaning slower load times. :(

The signatures just grab the info from a database - the big long code at the end of the URL that it generates is the database ID. When you generate it, that's when it saves to the database. The only thing it ever pings is EMC's magical online .json files for me to check your online status, and then every few hundred loads it rechecks your rank to make sure its up to date.
    Kytula likes this.
  3. It is looking nice for a beta build, good job! :)
    JackBiggin likes this.
  4. Will we be able to put our own backgrounds and have 3d visuals in the future?
  5. Backgrounds: yes
    3D: no, unless you add it manually from Novaskin
  6. I have even more ideas
    1.add the ability to type your own phrase in the bottom
    2.more backgrounds
    -City Background
    -The most funniest idea you can think of
    -Exclusive to me:Inkopolis(might want to look some pictures of that on google)
    -Squid Flying above beach
  7. how do I increase in member like me exiting the new member
    1. Undecided on custom texts - feels like people might try to replicate restricted stuff using it
    2. Ability to upload own background coming which covers all that. You're not getting an exclusive background.
  8. You've gotta gain trophy points, these are obtained by posting lots {but please no spam}, getting likes, referring members and staying around for a while
  9. Will you be posting updates when/if this beta thing gets updates? Just want to know if I should be constantly checking the OP or if it will just notify me in the notification area.
  10. FDNY21 likes this.
  11. Whenever I get the chance to update it, I'll definitely post here. :)
  12. Online status signatures should now be significantly faster to load if you're online (working on offline - not sure if I can fix that) :)

EDIT: (the patch works better for lower numbered servers still - I'm still toying with ideas to see if there's any way I can get it faster - the API I have to work with is fairly limited)

EDIT 2: I think I've managed to make offline ones nice and fast
    607 and StoneSky like this.
  13. wat. *waits for edit*
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  14. Fix'd :p
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  15. Updated to use new PvP branding and server names.
  16. I love the new signatures!! :)
  17. Aikar and Aikat signature backgrounds are now available as a permanent background option. :)
  18. Signatures should be super fast now, and for anyone who's name was not recognised properly when connected on an alt (eg: Tom), that should be fixed too. Also added some functionality for in the summer ;) Thanks to Aikar for making it possible for me to make it less hacky.
    607, Sachrock and TomvanWijnen like this.