EMC New Permanent Ban Stance

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by IcecreamCow, Sep 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. it's not much of a punishment if you are fine with it now is it?
  2. not only faster.. look at those paragraphs son.
    Manglex and krysyyjane9191 like this.
  3. This may help. Just don't abuse this, please! :)
  4. :(

The main post has good paragraphs ;_;
    Manglex, JackBiggin, ISMOOCH and 2 others like this.
  5. I believe I must take the blame as I was speaking with him...so ISMOOCH is less distracted...
  6. Few questions that have popped into my head:

Are you guaranteed this second chance, or can your appeal still be denied?
    Can you be reset, or after your 2nd permaban, is it game over?
    Will the alt policy be changing at all? Someone could effectively cheat on an alt and transfer to their main the way it currently is...
    By reset, is this to the extent where you have to redo the tutorial?

I'll think of some more later...
    Pab10S, battmeghs, IamSaj and 3 others like this.
  7. You been distracting moderators with bacon again krysyy?.. shame on you for not sharing with the rest of the community.
  8. Your appeal can be denied
    It is game over, because two is enough.
    We know how to find alts
    If Aikar is doing it the way I think he is, yes.
    Pab10S, Manglex, battmeghs and 4 others like this.
  9. IcecreamPig, 'nuf said.

What I was talking about is the whole "we ban the account, not the player" thing that's said. The account is the player, ban the whole lot of them if they cheat IMO. /tangent

But yeah, under that policy, IcecreamCow could use his alt, JohnTravolta to xay, transfer everything back to his main, and keep all the profits.
    Pab10S, Manglex, IamSaj and 2 others like this.
  10. Not to make you look bad, but we already talked about this earlier in the thread.. Sorry to leave you out..:oops:
  11. Talked about with no answer :p

EDIT: Unless you count "let's keep alts out of this" as an answer, which I don't.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  12. It was briefly touched on as JK said, but, this whole system is largely case by case. As successful appeals on PermBans are rarer than they may appear. If we feel someone has the ability to abuse an alternate account to bypass the punishment, we will see it, and take care of it. However, our original stance is still the same in that retrospect, just as needed, if adjustments are seen to be needed, they will be made.
  13. I guess that can make sense, I mean in real life or as you guys say RL a man goes to jail and comes out with his money still in the bank, that is if his wife hasn't taken it all lol
    QuarterStop likes this.
  14. Have 2 likes, cos I can.
    B4DMAN5IMON likes this.
  15. Having 1 account hacked and then banned does not reflect a negative attitude across multiple accounts.
    In my time as Moderator, I had to dig through and verify whether or not the account was hacked or the player was going on a rampage. Having access to 1 account is more likely a hack rather than a player acting out.

Now, this is also subjective. However, all of the Staff is very skilled at what they do and can identify correctly whether a player is doing things that require full punishment or just a temporary ban to have them contact Mojang for a password reset prior to returning to EMC. This is something I performed many times while working as Moderator.

In the end, if a case gets too heavy for 1 member of the Staff, it is brought up the chain of command for further input from other Moderators in addition to Senior Staff and Administrators. :)
    Pab10S, ZBSDKryten, IamSaj and 6 others like this.
  16. I'm sorry... but if this affects them and they do lose their belongings... they are NOT good players no matter what they try to portray. ;)
    Manglex, KarlisKrazy, Hyratel and 4 others like this.
  17. Let the ban hammer hit those suckers hard!
    battmeghs, Hyratel and pat2011 like this.
  18. Alright I see a loophole with items, instead of using a alt account you could just get your friend to come get you stuff and store it at their residence, so do you guys have anyways to fix this loophole?
  19. Maybe reset res permissions as soon as the player is banned?
    TerryDaTerrorist and pat2011 like this.
  20. Purposefully circumventing a punishment can also result in a perma ban. Would you risk it for a friend, especially now?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.