EMC New Permanent Ban Stance

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by IcecreamCow, Sep 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reading the original post, all i can think to say is:

Hip, hip, hooray!
  2. If PT is affected by this (which he IS, it is within 5 days) Then ohhh lordy those 7,000,000 rupees will be gone, and yes i would assume he will leave EMC.
  3. Love the new system, as i said ingame, if this doesnt dissuade people from troublemaking or mod abuse, then they dont belong in emc...

My only hope is this system is fully enforced once guilt is proven beyond a doubt...

Also, if your scared by this new set of measures, you must be feeling a little guilty about something ;)
  4. Great update
    EMC is getting better and better, can't wait to see all the dragon egg changes

~Faith
  5. Well,
    1. This is good, it will discourage players from misbehaving in the first place.
    2. I bet that 99.99% of players with ANY sum of money higher than, maybe, 20,000r before they got banned will not come back to the Empire if they get an appeal and gets reset to 1500r. This also may be a good thing, less appeals for the staff to handle, but you will lose some good players, too.
    Running5kman likes this.
  6. Well, I am glad this has came to this. Players that are Perma Banned need to be Perma Banned. The mods are awesome on EMC. They are really nice. So, like ICC said in his main post, they appeal frequently. I think to help some complaints about people being accidentally banned is that they should have to type it twice like /ban Hash98 For being to Awesome Permanently 1. Then you would have to do / ban Hash98 For being to Awesome Permanently 2. Basically the same system while resetting you lot. You have to do it twice to make sure.
    I love how EMC is fixing every problem out there known to Minecraftia (Well they can't stop me being to awesome).
    Thanks EMC!
  7. They would have to adjust Square too though
  8. It all depends if their ban is sincere or not. In my opinion - if they are truly sincerely sorry about what they have done - than they won't mind losing everything. It is truly hard to stereotype banned players - for the same reason the staff doesn't set a strict standard to go by.

EDIT: I meant the Appeal. Hope there wasn't confusion there
    jaqiefox likes this.
  9. the ONLY thing that is scarier than a nun with a ruler in her hand is a nun with a bull-whip and a bottle of gin. Cheers!
    Glasi13 and battmeghs like this.
  10. I mean, for example, PThaagard will lose all of his 7 million rupees, and he may want to leave because of that. I mean, yes, he is sincerely sorry, but... just losing probably a year of work is probably just too much. I believe we will probably lose him soon...
  11. This is the true view of the system. If you are wanting a TRUE second chance at the community, then most of the time, we want you stick around and give it your shot. But if a full reset turns you off of coming back, then at the risk of sounding mean, then we do not want you here anyways.

We love our community, and it is really important to us to keep a positive one around. This system will help weed out those who truly do not fit into our values that help us function as well as we do.
  12. I don't really see how you could accidentally mistype a ban command lol. What I think is being said is that the staff could accidentally ban the wrong person or something. While rare, it does happen *cough*marg*cough* :-P
    Pab10S, Hash98 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  13. WOW I havent seen you post or do anything in FOREVER, ISMOOCH... Are you just now becoming active again? or have I just not been looking whre u post...
    ISMOOCH likes this.
  14. Oh, we'll clearly I did not "understand" what I read. But good, thanks Jack.
    JackBiggin likes this.
  15. I think the most fair way, is to keep rupees. What if a supporter or donator gets banned... Than what? Their 2,000,000 rupees just go to waste? Herumph I like the res reset idea and all but seriously???
  16. Well, let's think why someone would get banned. For bad reasons. So, it is like prison. You lose everything.
    I think it is a fair punishment. All you have to do is obey the Ten EMC Commandments.
    Call_Me_DeJaja likes this.
  17. but what about if the mods you illegally used were the reason you had 2,000,000 rupees....then it would be unfair NOT to take them away....
    Call_Me_DeJaja and ISMOOCH like this.
  18. Yes, their 2,000,000 rupees go to waste. If you are staying in EMC just because of this fake funny money that is provided to you, then sorry, you are in it for the wrong reasons. This is a place for friends to play, and the economy is simply in place for players to reach resources easier. If you get banned for wrong doing and truly show the want to return to the community, then that ability is offered to you. Except now, you face the penalty.

All that has really happened here is the redefining of the "Second Chance". The system now more than ever, gives you a second chance at EMC, the community, and the server. Not simply just a second chance to get banned.

And anyone with 500,000r knows, it does not take long to make alot of money, once you have it. If you have been cheating to attain your wealth, then sorry, its just like not paying taxes. We take it all. It seems only fair to those who work their butts off truly playing the game without cheating. We will not reward players who know how to "bypass" the system.
  19. Well... True, you got me there :p
    krysyyjane9191 likes this.
  20. Rupees go. Supporters and donators included.

Supporters and donators (even moderators) are subject to exactly the same rules as any other member on the server.

Edit: ...and smooch is faster.
    Hyratel, jaqiefox, R0bbieJo and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.