EMC New Permanent Ban Stance

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by IcecreamCow, Sep 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kudos to the moderators of EMC Staff for listening to the community... unlike some companies/organizations.....
    *Cough*

*Cough*
    I don't want to post another reply so:
    Other Ideas for the Ban Stance: (These are just suggestions, not future implements)
    - Profile picture, posts, and likes as well as trophy points are taken away. This will also help with the "clean slate" approach.
    - If the EMC Team can, after they redo tutorial, they recieve a written book with the Empire Guide so they will be reminded at all times.
    - Appealed player is banned from Town chat for 1 full Earth day as soon as ban has been lifted.
    - Player's TEXP will be reset to 0.
    I'll add more soon. :)
  2. What about this situation. You and a friend own a shop together, he hosted it, and he is banned. Why shouldnt you be able to retrieve the items you technically own, and the building materials you also own?
    battmeghs and Call_Me_DeJaja like this.
  3. The cost of doing business with the wrong people. It happens. This will also pose more risk for just giving someone so much control of your assets.
    ZBSDKryten, IamSaj, jaqiefox and 3 others like this.
  4. This sounds like a great improvement. I just have one question...if the banned player has given flags to another player (or maybe has an alternate account) will those with these flags be able to access the res, chests etc while the ban appeal in being considered. My concern is that friends, or the banned player themself (using their alternate account) could clear out the banned players stuff, only to be returned to the banned player if or when their ban is lifted.
  5. I have always maintained that if you place anything in someone else's res you are effectively giving it to them. They can do with it as they want. So in this case you I am of the mind you no longer own the building materials.
    If this was your situation I would recommend seeking permission from snr staff who may allow you to reclaim the building material.
    ZBSDKryten, jkjkjk182 and ISMOOCH like this.
  6. Awesome update ICC! You are awesome.
  7. I'm glad this has been posted. I've already voiced my opinion on this subject elsewhere. Thank you for listening to us.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  8. Its not my situation, i was wondering if Shopper could gut PT's shop:/
  9. Since you can have books that can be written on, you could, if you plan on stocking a sizeable amount of items, have a third party act like a clerk and record + sign the book to give a more "official" tone. If a conflict arises, it could help.
    It may be just my legalistic side talking, but it's an idea ;)

And to stay on topic, I think this new approach to the "2nd chance" policy is awesome ! great job!
    ZBSDKryten, ISMOOCH and jkjkjk182 like this.
  10. Okay, more questions...

Chest wipes, does this include locked chests in the wild?
    I presume /vault will be cleared too?
    What about unlocked chests in the wild? People planning to cheat could just store items in a well hidden place...
    I also presume that rupees bought with IRL money won't be refunded, correct?
    If they do get put back in the tutorial, that, in theory, would put them as a guest. From my experiences, a supporter subscription will allow you to teleport out of the tutorial, even if you've never done it before. How do you intend to combat this?
  11. i cant personally speak for him, but pt has said multiple times he doesnt care about the rupees
  12. Ok, I hadnt seen that. Im just meaning that if I was him, I would have left EMC.
  13. I get lag aikar and my lag lets me go into buildings and mine, it comes back right when i get out so thanks for banning me ;) it wasnt even a mod idk how to install mods >.< thanks alot
  14. Did you know that you can edit your comments?

Edit: Well?
  15. Glad these griefers will be getting more of a punishment...
    Also if two people have a locked chest in the wild, in the chest still reset?
    And... ICC!
    Love the new profile pic. Maybe just cause I'm in it, but its still cool haha.(Can I steal it? None of my pictures turned out...*cough*zebra why were you looking at the ground*cough.*)
    I bred some of those mooshroom you spawned and we still have them haha that day sucked at the time though.
    But its just a game so its all good times now :D
    Pab10S likes this.
  16. Wait.. Did something just happen to happyshopper?
    I just saw someone post this:
    battmeghs and IamSaj like this.
  17. This will be awesome for EMC thank you ICC.
    superdog93 likes this.
  18. Say that when thay mistake you for being glitched and they perma ban you for "illegal mods"
    austin726 likes this.
  19. ): I dont like these new rules, just sayin'
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.