EMC New Permanent Ban Stance

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by IcecreamCow, Sep 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. But Then the staff would have to create a whole system on the different ratings and its not set in stone every mod will have their own opinion.
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  2. I am totally fine if Account 1 gets banned and then Account 2 Goes on and starts yelling, all of their alts should be banned, but its not like someone who enjoys getting banned has more than 2 accounts, Except Professionals like AVO.
  3. As for alts -- It's mixed. If the person behaves on an alt we will sometimes let them go on and keep a watch on them..

If they blow it on an alt we will knock all alts out (as the case with 621op)

We had a debate between selectively doing this policy only on hacking/griefing or all bans, and we decided its all or nothing.

If you do enough to reach perm-ban status even on more minor things, then you still deserve the punishment.
  4. And as for mistakes. The reset will not occur at time of banning. It will occur at time of appeal. If player earns appeal, they will get a reset then dropped to temp ban (unless the ban was a mistake)
  5. How will the resets affect players who use their alts to transfer money to non-hacking accounts (their mains)?
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx, Nole972 and Glasi13 like this.
  6. Maybe if the moderators see this they could swipe both accounts balance?
  7. Thank goodness I mid out on that by one day: good system though.
  8. What will happen to the vault will it be like the inventory and be swiped/erased?
  9. Sorry but you are within the 5 days...

We essentially gained new powers to identify hackers and have been hitting everyone hacking left and right now. That is where the 5 day window was chosen, as you were one of the ones our system identified.
  10. Now, its time to sit back, and watch people complain. I like the system though. :)
  11. I do like this idea, just now when I play EMC, Im afraid to behave the way I usually do, I like to have fun, but if I take one wrong mistep, I could get perma ban and lose my stuff :(

If said person is ban, can we get flags on their res?
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx, Nole972 and PenguinDJ like this.
  12. If you behave in a rule abiding way then you have nothing to fear.
  13. You spelled too like "to".
  14. That would be AWESOME. I think that this should be enabled. Maybe you mods will not think it is such a great idea, but it would be, for the last time, awesome.

awesome. I lied
  15. So, does that mean PT is getting wiped?
  16. As many other things answered in this thread, it will simply be a case by case basis. Before any harsh or permanent decisions are made, all angles will be analyzed, and measured. A system like this will require a good deal of attention, and you can be assured, that before a "mistake" is made, everything that can be done to prevent one, will be done.
    Pab10S, xI_LIKE_A_PIGx and R0bbieJo like this.
  17. I suspect something that tracks how far players have moved/time taken to move? And if their m is too high, the system flags them?:)
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx and JackBiggin like this.
  18. If PT is effected by this, i hope he doesnt leave us...:(
  19. I suspect similar, but I also suspect something else...
  20. Thats very fair, thanks ICC
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.