EMC New Permanent Ban Stance

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by IcecreamCow, Sep 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So are you implying that EMC should ban all alts of a person for what they did on one account?
  2. Im not doing anything bad, it was just a saying... im very nice.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  3. umm, yeah. It is the same person, let me find the Terms of Service related to this
  4. Yes (to that idea). If someone is cussing and saying perverted things into chat, why should just one account be banned? Also, illegal mods are in the minecraft file, not the account file, so another reason to ban all alts.
  5. Here it is

which essentially means that a ban is global for All Acounts
  6. As the All mighty Big Davie says"No we ban accounts not players. If a banned player wants to spend money to buy a new minecraft account, which is instantly put on our watch list, they are more than welcome. The first sign of trouble and they are usually down another account."
  7. Senior Staff? :eek:
  8. I think that Pthagaard is a great person and all, but I don't think that he should have been unbanned, just because he wrote an elegant post filled with emotion doesn't mean that he should be unbanned. I know many people that the staff would not give a second thought about if they were permabanned for something that is CLEARLY stated in the guide as being a permanent ban scenario. I think that Pthagaard is very influential in the community, but I don't see why he is set aside as a special case...
  9. Hmm, well that seems contradictory doesn't it... Perhaps BigDavie simply mis-spoke it happens sometimes
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx and battmeghs like this.
  10. What if the have pre-existing accounts? And look at Johnnybdetroit, he claimed to use an alt to go back and attempt to destroy the slime farm.
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  11. Aikar and Maxarias have been promoted.
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx and bonzd67 like this.
  12. if you read the OP... PThagaard is not going un-punished...

13. I believe so... I mean it makes it seem that EMC sees it's players as accounts and not as people.
  14. :eek: he was banned?
    well he left anyways.
  15. Has he been permabanned?
  16. This affects him. Retroactive 5 days and going forward. Everyone deserves a true second chance.

It's a case by case basis guys. On the whole we don't generally ban alts if one account does something wrong.
  17. Well, i remember when 621op was banned, and his alt wasnt... 621op was a serious offender, so it seemed to me that this wasnt affected by what you did to get banned.
    Pab10S, xI_LIKE_A_PIGx and battmeghs like this.
  18. This actually is scaring me a bit ... I think there should be a difference in perm bans ... i was perm banned - cause i have a big mouth ... and am truly sorry to those i've hurt ... But if i ever am allowed back on ... Me losing my res completely would be like me dying inside .... but some people are perm banned form using mods and cheating .... idk ... i just feel like everyone banned should have like a rating system on how he/she is banned, but that's just me :/
  19. Not at all. I'm simply saying that the account in question will be dealt with correctly, creating a set in stone incentive not to offend.
    If the player continues to commit offences on more the one of their registered account then I feel a review of all known accounts belonging to the user should be in order and action taken appropriately, but this is only in a "this player isn't learning their lesson" situation.
    Pab10S likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.