EMC New Permanent Ban Stance

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by IcecreamCow, Sep 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omg... today is just not a good day in the history of Empire Minecraft. The (seemingly) most respected players being banned... *sigh*
  2. I hope you mean it's not a good day because their true colours were shown. This step up in moderation was necessary. We don't want double standards, and the staff should be listening to each other and players as well.
  3. Why did Happy get banned? :/
  4. Of course I think that there should be negative consequences when someone breaks the rules but it is nice to know that now EMC will be consistent.
    jaqiefox and IamSaj like this.
  5. For the Record eveyone. HappyShopper is not Permanently banned. It is a 24 Hour Temp Ban for things to cool off
    Pab10S and battmeghs like this.
  6. It was perma-ban about an hour ago :p
  7. Well, it isn't right now... hopefully all of this drama is done for the day... *le' Sigh*
    Pab10S likes this.
  8. I don't like the changes... The reason I don't is because they don't even give you a second chance to explain. I just appealed to my ban and they just said- "YOUR BAN WILL NOT BE LIFTED!"
    Pab10S and IamSaj like this.
  9. What was it for?
  10. Look. The staff is not gonna perma ban you for no reason. If you were perm-banned, it's very likely because you broke one of the ten commandments.
    See above.
    Also, in your case, what is there to explain? Unless you're innocent, of course, which does take a little bit of explaining to do.
    *edit*
    Ok, now I see what you meant by 'explain'. Just because HE might have been breaking the rules doesn't give you a reason to. Plus, I'm guessing that PvPing him wouldn't prevent him from continuing to go about his name-calling, would it? You could have just /reported him or fetched a mod from another server IF it was serious enough. If the mods found nothing wrong LEGALLY in what he was doing, then /ignore is your friend.
  11. Not only it sounds bad but i think it is bad, you can't just take someone into the wild and kill them because they were annoying :/ I would not want to make you mad in real life buddy...
    ZBSDKryten, IamSaj, Hyratel and 2 others like this.
  12. Yeah... Don't do that. 'Nuff Said
  13. Here are the problems: You PVPed and claimed it was to benefit other people. You should not break the rules no matter if you see it as benefitting others or not. Then you tried to post your appeal on this thread. The proper way to appeal is to PM the staff member that banned you.
  14. Exactly. If i dupe diamonds, and make 65464568746546 of them, but then i give out diamond pickaxes for free to people on my home server, that isnt ok at all.
  15. I
    in defense I did explain to the moderators, I told them that all the people on the server wanted me to do it. He got banned for like 3 seconds then came back on then tried killing me with lava!
    Pab10S likes this.
  16. I
    DID post my appeal on the PM to a mod...
  17. So if alot of people told you to go kill this person he's mean would you do it? In real life i mean.
    ZBSDKryten likes this.
  18. This is NOT real life though now is it...

But I know what you mean.
  19. Well have fun with your ban sir and thanks for playing EMC goodbye :)
    KarlisKrazy likes this.
  20. Is this because I and a couple others went bananas in PT's apology thread?

It's a metal thingy to make the arm move so it looks like she's slapping the ruler in her hand. :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.