EMC Community Appreciation July 2014 - Nominations Now Open!

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, Jul 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Go around servers and look for cool people who you might like to nominate :D
    FDNY21 likes this.
  2. I think we all know that I will obviously win :p
  3. I think we all know that you just lost your chances of winning by saying that.
  4. He obviously inferred everyone would know he was making a joke/being sarcastic. I guess not.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  5. I know he was making a joke. I just hate it when people do that.
  6. I say it because I am the least likely to win. The winner will probably be LeoWaste or FaithCaster or Potato1253 or someone.
  7. Sorry if you were offended by my last statement. I'm not generally a rude person, but sometimes, I get very irritated by the slightest things.
  8. As people have said before, just talk to people. There are plenty of people worthy of this award on EMC. You might just have to dig for them a bit. And, of course, we're not going to burn you at the stake if you don't nominate anyone. :p Just stay true to your heart and do what you think is right.
    SkareCboi likes this.
  9. As most of you cannot get onto the servers right now, I am bumping this to remind you that it is the end of July and we need everyone's nominations!!!!

BUMP!!!! :)
  10. I finally submitted!
    hashhog3000, Faithcaster and FDNY21 like this.
  11. Bumping for final submittals up until July 31, 2014 at 11:59 pm EMC TIME!!!
    FDNY21 likes this.
  12. Why can't I nominate myself? Not that I did, don't really deserve this but...

I mean, the president gets to vote for himself or any other guy participating, it's his vote.
  13. The presidential election is a vote between a certain number of people. This appreciation award is for anyone in EMC, so if anyone could vote for themselves, everyone would and it would just be a "self appreciation award" rather than a "community appreciation award". :)

Looking forward to seeing who gets nominated, good luck to everyone! ;)
    hashhog3000 and Olaf_C like this.
  14. The thing is, normally (in the terms of a U.S. election), there are two main candidates, and hundreds of millions of voters. For this award, there are over 100,000 potential candidates and over 100,000 potential voters. While no where near that will vote, 1 extra vote for a person has a lot more influence in this competition then a presidential election.
    607 and FDNY21 like this.
  15. I'm excited to see this year's Community Appreciation Award winners. I wish good luck to all of you EMC players. :)
    However, I think that you all should know that just because you didn't win this award, it doesn't mean we don't appreciate you! Every single player on this server has changed or influenced it in some way. Whether by helping others, showing respect and compassion, or even by destroying everyone and everything with Enraged mobs and TNT, everybody has contributed something to the Empire. So if you don't win this award this year, so be it. Don't ask yourself why you didn't win this year, but rather ask yourself how you can work to better your chances for next year. :)
    607, Olaf_C and FDNY21 like this.
  16. Some of us were helping before it was cool...
    Back to seriousness... or whatever... Olaf_C helped me realize something. With around 80k members, even if barely any of them vote, allowing people to vote for themselves could potentially give the staff around 10k applications to look through, and nobody wants to do that. Even if you missed it in the OP, you could help the staff by not voting for someone with your IP.
    Anyway, I broke my computer, so I can't do anything on the EMC servers for a while, so good luck to the rest of you!
  17. Aww come on! :( I'm my fav. person! :p lol
  18. Hmm, sounds like its gonna be good and I already know my nominations. =)

19. Wow. Such a great idea =) I take it that "Famous" people will win though. But i dont need a prize to know if im kind or appreciated... I just need hugz =D And i know my parents know im kind and generous. Whoever wins, please still stay kind, sweet, honest, and appreciated. =)

-Frosty-
  20. As it is staff deciding the winner, you don't at all need to be famous or popular to win :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.